The Wrath of Feces Aka Poop story

Jun 24, 2015 at 10:04 PM
"Huzzah!"
Epic_ManDude said:
CANCELED:Because there is no point of making the mod if everyone hates it R.I.P Poop Story :koron:
It's worth more to develop a few small test mods as a ways to learn the ropes and kinks of modding cave story, rather than diving headfirst into the modding community with a first timer's mod (as we've learned today, and in the past).

There's quite a few things to learn before and while doing modding, so a few experiments and other tests will be beneficial in learning those ropes.

If you haven't downloaded Booster's Lab yet, I recommend you do so, even if it's not already your editor of choice. It's got a ton of reference, guides, and tutorials for cave story modding within the files. I'd give you a link, but I can't. I'll just tell you it's somewhere in the modding discussion section of the forums.

Speaking of modding discussion, there's a quick modding / hacking discussion questions and answers thread there too. It dates back to 2009, so it's likely that your question has already been asked at least 50 times over. Go there and look for answers if you're stuck (if you can't find anything, the search bar in the top right corner of your forum browser also helps...)

Hopefully you've learned something from all of this, I personally think you're not as bad as some other screwballs that have been on this forum before. You certainly show effort in trying to fix your mod, and it seems you care about what the community has to say. I approve.

Just one thing though, try not to name any of your future content after any type of fecal matter.

Jun 24, 2015 at 10:05 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Jpzarde said:
Just one thing though, try not to name any of your future content after any type of fecal matter.
this

Jun 24, 2015 at 10:19 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Epic_ManDude said:
CANCELED:Because there is no point of making the mod if everyone hates it R.I.P Poop Story :koron:
I can't tell if "R.I.P" is a poop joke or not.

Jun 24, 2015 at 10:23 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
DualHack said:
Given on how much that has been boweled, I wouldn't be surprised.

Jun 25, 2015 at 12:12 AM
"Huzzah!"

Bro? BRO?! BRO!!!

That is an AWESOME GIF! I LOVE YOU!

Please accept my friend request <3 <3 <3

Jun 25, 2015 at 2:59 AM
"Huzzah!"
Goerge Bobicles said:
what "Graphics Interchange Format" are you talking about?
DualHack used a GIF in his signature that I like, just made the comment here out of excitement

Jun 25, 2015 at 4:10 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Jpzarde said:
DualHack used a GIF in his signature that I like, just made the comment here out of excitement
It's not that.... exciting.... really...

Jun 25, 2015 at 4:50 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Uhh... Okay then. I don't understand any of this. I was going to make a joke where I "fix" the game but then noticed I deleted it right after playing it. Basically this thread is dead. Maybe we should find a bed. And get some meds. As in meds I mean laxatives.

I'm sorry.

Jul 3, 2015 at 8:00 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
issoke
issoke
*lies in bed
without meds
because f_ck rhyming*

Jul 3, 2015 at 4:17 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Poop story is no longer canceled, and it is called The Wrath of Feces now?
Well, I downloaded this to see if some of the original poop story's issues were fixed. When I extracted the folder and opened Doukutsu, my computer said that this Doukutsu was not a valid application. I replaced it with some random other doukutsu to be able to play it. When I started playing, everything seemed better than the original poop story, until I went into the mimiga village save point. The game crashed every time I left the room, even when I tried using different Doukutsus. I can't really tell if this mod is better because I only played the first cave.

Jul 5, 2015 at 10:48 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Espeon78 said:
Poop story is no longer canceled, and it is called The Wrath of Feces now?
Well, I downloaded this to see if some of the original poop story's issues were fixed. When I extracted the folder and opened Doukutsu, my computer said that this Doukutsu was not a valid application. I replaced it with some random other doukutsu to be able to play it. When I started playing, everything seemed better than the original poop story, until I went into the mimiga village save point. The game crashed every time I left the room, even when I tried using different Doukutsus. I can't really tell if this mod is better because I only played the first cave.
Okay good to know, I downloaded my version of poop story and everything worked fine

Jul 7, 2015 at 12:43 AM
I would download the new version of this mod, but I'm too busy grinding Rats in Payday 2. When I'm done with that, I'll actually take 30 minutes of my life to tell everyone why I think this mod is the epidimy of story telling.

Jul 7, 2015 at 1:03 AM
War criminal
It's really hard to play it if it gives errors saying there's no "Prt.bmp" file and no "Npc.bmp" file twice, even if I made up a Prt.bmp and a Npc.bmp it still gives errors whenever I leave the Save Point.

Jul 7, 2015 at 5:24 PM
Professional Whatever
do you have a .pxa for the prt file

Jul 7, 2015 at 5:58 PM
War criminal
I just tried giving it one, it can't be made for a tileset with a blank name if the Prt is removed.

Also, I just decided to play the game normally without going to the save point and it seems to work just fine.

I think leaving the Save Point takes me to this room where it also crashes if I enter this door in the screenshot below. If I go back to Mimiga Village from the rest of the rooms, it works normally.

p203427-0-3ikbwk8.png

EDIT: I just found missing rooms for "Pens3_", "Plant2_", "Teleroom" (I think this is a new room), and "The Village".

EDIT 2: I think putting in a Doukutsu file from the original game is at fault here, but the Doukutsu file for the mod doesn't want to work at all.

Jul 22, 2015 at 1:10 AM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Is this a joke?

Jul 22, 2015 at 8:44 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I can't even start it up, something about not being a legit Win32 thing.
And I think I really should be happy with this, seeing the reactions.

Jul 23, 2015 at 6:12 AM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
This mod is a piece of shit! (Pun Intended)

Nov 24, 2015 at 10:44 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I hope you feel special, I worked for two hours on this (not counting render/compression/upload times)
I love it. :)