The Tower of Ivem - Ideas

Mar 25, 2010 at 12:45 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Haha, thanks. :(
I have a mini-ish one on track for the end of this year, but don't get your hopes up.
(of course, there's still this one, but that's a tertiary priority).

Mar 31, 2010 at 11:56 PM
*blink*
Thank you?

Apr 5, 2010 at 4:22 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Lace, I want a BOSS BATTLE WITH ZERO GRAVITY.

Not sidescrolling like the fish dude (Can't remember his name). Just in MIDAIR, maybe falling after jumping off of a tower?

(IF the Tower of Ivem is like the final evil place in the game, where you fight the final boss [Ivem?] at the top, then you blast him off the tower, but he takes you with him, and you fight until [when his health reaches the bottom] you hit the ground. Good idea?)

--

Or, a room where jumping gives you Zero gravity, and landing gives you normal gravity.

This is possible without assembly hacking. just put npcs with the zero gravity event one space above all of the land spaces. You jump up, you enter zero gravity (and set a flag, so when you go through the square again, you go back to normal gravity.) you land, you go to normal gravity. That alone would be an awesome fight with some enemies or something.

--

(SUPER ASSEMBLY HACK THAT I DON'T KNOW IS POSSIBLE AHEAD)

A controlled missile? You shoot it and the camera follows it and you can direct it to where you want it to explode? At level 3?

I gave up on modding when I realized I suck at making cutscenes and stuff, and school got in the way again, but I still try to hang around from time to time.

Apr 23, 2010 at 8:50 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Just like was suggested on the 1st page, battling a million of enemies like in the Metal Slug games sounds fun.

The rising water from Core can do wonders if used properly, as well.

Oh, how about some area with wind blowing you up or down (have alternating vertical lines of upwards wind and downwards wind), and with -127-spikes in both the ceiling and the floor? Like, an emulation of Gravity Man's Stage. Could be very tough if you started making wind streaks of different width, so that you really had to plan how you would move to get trough.

Apr 23, 2010 at 11:21 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Yal said:
Oh, how about some area with wind blowing you up or down (have alternating vertical lines of upwards wind and downwards wind), and with -127-spikes in both the ceiling and the floor? Like, an emulation of Gravity Man's Stage. Could be very tough if you started making wind streaks of different width, so that you really had to plan how you would move to get trough.

eh WTF story totally has you beat there, it's the first 5-40 minutes of the game :/

Apr 23, 2010 at 11:31 PM
40?
How bad are you, exactly?

No moar ideas for now plox.
I'm splodng.