The Stanley Parable

Aug 23, 2013 at 5:35 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Maybe some/none of you even know about this amazing mod.

So I'm just going to spread some information that I know of and we will go on from there.

p172648-0-header1.png

In 2011 a man named Davey Wreden created a Half-Life 2 mod called "The Stanley Parable." He thought that it was going to be a useless waste of time that no one cared about. Instead it became critically acclaimed by various gaming organizations and won several awards.

Here's my opinion on the mod: though it is a short experience, it is AMAZING, in both the humorous character(s) and in the way the game is able to just break your mind and leave you wondering "what the heck am I playing?"

IT'S ALSO FREE, So for all the members/guests/newborns who can't easily put money to stuff online, it only requires Steam for Windows. (For Mac's and Linux I believe you have to have HL2 installed, Windows computer's you don't.)

Another thing though, is that the only way to truly experience the game is to play it "blind" (that means by not knowing at all what the game is even about). So when you guys have the chance I highly advise for each of you who don't know what this is to just Download It here before trying to look up any more information.

The mod's trailer gives a little substance, but is still too vague to explain anything, and that's how it's meant to be played!

http://youtu.be/OIppRUoe70E

It's free, it's short, and it only requires steam (it will download the sdk bases itself when you run it). So there really is no excuse for you to have to look up any more information on it. I highly recommend all those who haven't played it to do so as soon as possible. It's a really good game.

Aug 23, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
It was entertaining enough~
Would have made for a great livestream.

Thanks for bringing it up o EnlightenedOne ;D

Looking forward to the HD Remix version whenever it comes out...
Now to go back to pushing buttons

Aug 24, 2013 at 4:11 AM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
I love this little mod. It's so interesting and different and strange... I enjoyed getting all the endings. :p

WARNING: SPOILERS BELOW

The ending where you activate the generator reminded me so much of the final battle of portal it drove me crazy. :O

Oct 11, 2013 at 3:58 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
EDIT: Screw my previous post, none of this thread matters until what is below:

Oh... my... I... Can't even make words right now.
I'm speechless, left in tears of joy, laughing my head off. This is not sarcasm, I truly think that their complete overhaul renewal is going to be the best thing ever.

Screw everything you know of the original mod. In fact, just completely ignore the original, it does not live up to this, my true honest opinion of what I spent the last 4 hours gawking on:

This demonstration, released today, is freaking the most hilarious, mind twisting, simply one of the greatest 30 mins. of my whole entire gaming experience. I'm rating a demo as high as my favorite full games, that's how epic it is.

Don't freaking listen to me typing this, I'll just go on a million sentences of endless praise over just a demo. You have to completely trust me on this, though their is one or two lines that some would consider not quite "sfw" in the demonstration, if you have ANY desire to have the time of your life, take no caution in trying out this here game.

Do it.

Do it right now. If you play this I swear you will not regret it.

Oct 11, 2013 at 10:39 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Oh my goodnes...

I am so
so

so

so

so

so

so

so

so

so

going to download this tonight.

And also where have I been the last 3 months, not able to see this?

Oct 12, 2013 at 1:06 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"