The Space Race

Nov 18, 2016 at 5:06 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
wormholes are theoretical, but if they exist, and if we are able to enlarge a wormhole at one place and then one somewhere else then we should set the destination to somewhere close. So it is possible to test it. But of course, setting the destination of a wormhole is probably even harder than enlarging them.
How would you even know if the destination was changed, or could be changed, or even where it was going in the first place? It comes back to the same problem. I mean you have a infinite number of variations as to where a wormhole could go, and the only way to test your ability to direct it is to send stuff through and see if the destination has changed, but you can't because you wouldn't get any results back anyway. It's a chicken and egg scenario.

Nov 19, 2016 at 3:42 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
How would you even know if the destination was changed, or could be changed, or even where it was going in the first place?
I guess we don't :/

Nov 19, 2016 at 4:26 PM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I expect that a number of existing countries will establish territories on Mars, and then Mars will swiftly become tired of being governed by 225 million kilometres of distance and guesswork and begin a push for independence, which will create resentment for everyone involved. So while I wouldn't go as far as racism, I expect things to go sour for a while.
That's basically Aldnoah Zero in a nutshell, right?

Nov 19, 2016 at 4:55 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Nov 20, 2016 at 2:21 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
That's basically Aldnoah Zero in a nutshell, right?
I've never actually watched Aldnoah Zero (or Gundam for that matter), so any similarities are entirely a coincidence. I'm just basing this on my understanding of human nature mixed with history (the fact that this sort of thing has happened before) and the limitations of space travel.

That said... is it any good (Aldnoah Zero I mean)?

Nov 21, 2016 at 11:56 AM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I haven't actually watched it myself yet, but from what I've heard, it seems pretty good.