The sickeningly cheerful say hello, introduce yourself; now where's my cookie? topic.

Apr 6, 2019 at 5:25 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
That's cool!
Can I ask a few questions,
How do I get the sprites under my username?
How do I get a quote under my username?
that's all, sorry that this is off topic, I just joined

The sprites are a rank; they change as you make more content posts (aka not in the Satellite lounge). To get a custom username title (I’m assuming that’s what you mean), then you need at least 250 content posts. This number may have changed since I last checked, however. It was 250 when I was still a newbie. :p

But heyo, welcome!

Apr 6, 2019 at 5:47 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Aug 13, 2019 at 9:16 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hello! My name is Prism, I go by FXChip and Pik on other forums and places. I'm an artist who loves game story, and gamedev is another big hobby of mine (inspired by pixel)

I made the art in my avatar, for instance. But yeah, it's good to be around here. I just joined, but I've browsed this site since I first played Cave Story in 2007 or 2008 or so. It's my favorite game.

Aug 13, 2019 at 9:21 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Aug 13, 2019 at 9:25 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Bruh, Game Story is my favorite story! Welcome aboard the GSTSF! :mrgreen:
Oh my god, lol. That's a pretty silly typo.........
Yep, I love Game Story.

May 7, 2020 at 6:42 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Howdy! Is it necroing when I post in a stickied thread? I hope not.

I go by "Moro" just about everywhere. 21/F/United States. Hobbywise I'm mostly into spriting and boxing.
I'd post my pixels here by way of introduction, but I assume there's an established thread/subforum for that.

May 7, 2020 at 9:21 AM
"Huzzah!"
what an epic bump

May 7, 2020 at 11:04 AM
War criminal
what an epic response

Anyway, welcome, Moro!

May 8, 2020 at 1:00 AM
"Huzzah!"
thank you

May 8, 2020 at 3:29 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
o I guess I never introduced myself:

Hi! I'm ikuyo. I'm the girl that made Cave Story+ 100% exist in speedrun.com, and used to actively speedrun the Switch version. I'm mostly retired from CS speedrunning nowadays.
I'm a programmer by day, and streamer/composer at night. That's the gist of it, mostly.

May 8, 2020 at 6:43 PM
"Huzzah!"
A man of many qualities, I see.

May 8, 2020 at 7:04 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Howdy doo-dee! Neat to see a speedrunner here.

May 15, 2020 at 1:17 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Hello to both of you ~w~

Jun 13, 2020 at 10:13 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Gosh this doesn't seem like it's been posted in in over 7 years. So I was looking at the join date of the previous poster and not the last posting date, nevermind disregard. Well, I'm a newb...

I've been singing for 30 years and playing guitar for 25 of those. I also began playing harmonica at age 11, but I haven't really pursued it as much as the guitar.

I also love video games. Final Fantasy 6 is my favorite.

I have a question. When I type a period, and then a letter, but then hit backspace, it goes back to the period. That's unusual. I've never encountered that in any forum/messaging app/word processor before. Whatsupwithdat?

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2020 at 11:20 PM
War criminal
I have a question. When I type a period, and then a letter, but then hit backspace, it goes back to the period. That's unusual. I've never encountered that in any forum/messaging app/word processor before. Whatsupwithdat?
It's been a bug in most programs for years. Not even the top programmers in Microsoft or Apple can figure this out.
p373445-0-3djj2d.gif

Jun 13, 2020 at 11:41 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
What I meant was, it doesn't just delete the letter, it deletes the space after the period as well. But for some reason, it's not doing it anymore :|

Jun 14, 2020 at 7:12 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Gosh this doesn't seem like it's been posted in in over 7 years. So I was looking at the join date of the previous poster and not the last posting date, nevermind disregard. Well, I'm a newb...
Welcome! Did you just discover Cave Story recently? Just curious.
I've been singing for 30 years and playing guitar for 25 of those. I also began playing harmonica at age 11, but I haven't really pursued it as much as the guitar.
Cave Story cover perhaps? :D or...
how about this tribute song? always wondered how that one would sound...
sorry just throwing out ideas!

And good choice, FF6. *kefka laugh*

Jun 14, 2020 at 8:10 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Welcome! Did you just discover Cave Story recently? Just curious.

I downloaded it in January of 2012 I guess? The Humble Indie Bundle version. Today I got the So easy, so so easy Achievement, but it's displaying my best time for BSS as 99'59"9... I was only playing easy mode to get the achievement, but I found that curious. I can't seem to find any info on it anywhere. Is it a glitch, or just the game's way of saying "Play the Normal or Hard Mode to unlock this?" :confused:

Cave Story cover perhaps? :D

Ok, well since you asked, here you go

or...
how about this tribute song? always wondered how that one would sound...
sorry just throwing out ideas!

I didn't see this till after I'd recorded the previous video, but hey, that's beautiful. I don't think I have the pipes for it, though. Too many cigamarrettes.

And good choice, FF6. *kefka laugh*

It's pronounced "Uwee hee hee hee hee hee!" (Or if you're the Gooch, "E~ehh ke ke ke ke ke" ^_^)

Jun 15, 2020 at 9:37 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
I downloaded it in January of 2012 I guess? The Humble Indie Bundle version. Today I got the So easy, so so easy Achievement, but it's displaying my best time for BSS as 99'59"9... I was only playing easy mode to get the achievement, but I found that curious. I can't seem to find any info on it anywhere. Is it a glitch, or just the game's way of saying "Play the Normal or Hard Mode to unlock this?" :confused:
Odd... wonder if there is a permissions issue? Otherwise, very interesting find.

Ok, well since you asked, here you go
Oh wow... I think I'll have mischievous robot stuck in my head now for the day.
That was great!! Thanks taking my whimsical request! *and nice choice!

It's pronounced "Uwee hee hee hee hee hee!" (Or if you're the Gooch, "E~ehh ke ke ke ke ke" ^_^)
I still hear that laugh echo in my ears all these years later... :muscledoc: