The sickeningly cheerful say hello, introduce yourself; now where's my cookie? topic.

Sep 4, 2016 at 8:00 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Sep 16, 2016 at 9:21 AM
Assistance
"All your forum are belong to us!"
welcome nehuloco

Jan 7, 2017 at 7:17 AM
Professional Whatever
it's been so long

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:37 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
Although this forum appears to be a bit... inactive, I'll speak, regardless.
I am a Cavalier.
That is all you need to know about me.
Really. I'm not that interesting.
Oh, and before I forget...
Hello. That's how this is done, yes?

Feb 28, 2017 at 9:16 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Although this forum appears to be a bit... inactive, I'll speak, regardless.
I am a Cavalier.
That is all you need to know about me.
Really. I'm not that interesting.
Oh, and before I forget...
Hello. That's how this is done, yes?
Precisely. An accurate introduction on all counts, B+ and hello c:

Mar 25, 2017 at 12:03 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I am PonStefon. For the interested, My name comes from a mondegreen of Von Kaiser from Punch-Out!! Wii. I somehow misheard "KAMPFSTIEFEL!" as "PONSTEFON!" and ran with it.
Anyways, I first played Cave Story back in 2009-ish, and was inspired to start modding it after hearing about and playing Shmitz's Jenka's Nightmare. Specifically, I was pissed that after using the Machine Gun to get to the top of Chimney the only reward was Oblivion: Erosion, which was just Plantation but full of breakable blocks and devoid of pretty much anything interesting. I got Sue's Workshop and set to work messing around, screwing up tilesets and overflowing my max hp because I couldn't figure out how flags worked (at first).
A year or two later I had the basics of scripting and shit figured out and decided to make a mod of my own. I thought it would be something cool to show off to my highschool friends, and I was gonna put them in it and everything! That idea was never fully realized, mostly due to a lack of clear vision. (Around this point I dropped Sue's Workshop for Cave Editor and never looked back. Also during this time, I played MagicDoors' and ZarroTsu's revamped versions of JN, and I gotta say, both of them did an excellent job. Zarro's was better though, no offense.)
Then, after a few years of on-and-off modding for fun, I had the idea to make a mod with a really minimalist visual style, and got to work. I realized that most of the people I had wanted to show the mod to were either off in other states for college or just not interested in Cave Story, then further realized that this entire forum had existed since before I even played the game and would've been the perfect audience for mods of my own creation. Surely people who've played this game for years would have the same continued interest in the game as I had right? At the very least, someone would understand the time and effort that goes into scripting and level design and all that technical shit.

And here I am. I hope I'm not too late to join the party.

Apr 22, 2017 at 10:25 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
It's me, Ecaf! From the SRB2MB, that is. I discovered this place when little nine-or-so yr. old me found Cave Story, saw the word "forum" and clicked. Only now did I think to make an account tho. So... Hope I fit in here. Just turned 13, btw. Not your typical 12yo most of the time... MOST of the time. Edit: What is registering for a membership?

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2017 at 11:38 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Edit: What is registering for a membership?
Fax me $20 for your CSTSF GOLD membership to get access to the exclusive subforum and other premium content

Apr 23, 2017 at 1:01 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Oh, OK. Knew it would cost. 3D1T: Got one, it gives access to Jack's shit.
:awesomeface:jk

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2017 at 3:17 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Oh, OK. Knew it would cost.
He's joking if you didn't catch that. We both have no idea what you are refering to.

But hey, Welcome to the forums!

Apr 23, 2017 at 1:29 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Must be an old MiraiGamer thing then.

Apr 25, 2017 at 10:12 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Yo. :mahin:

Cave Story enthusiast here.
I hope to share my projects with you all in the future.

"Have a good day!" > :sue:

May 5, 2017 at 7:34 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Yo
I joined a couple years back when I was a tiny fetus and then left for a while, but recently I've been a lot more active :toroko2:

I'm so sorry for everything I said when I was 11

May 27, 2017 at 12:19 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
Hello! I got my Account for 2 reasons: 1:I like the forum and 2: i had to login to download one of the mods, i am happy to be part of the community!

May 27, 2017 at 3:34 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
There was some thing that told me to login to download it, i can't remember what one.
EDIT: Does anyone have a rule post to tell me how old i have to be, what to do and what not to do, etc?

Last edited:
May 27, 2017 at 4:16 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
Not qualified yet >3< im 10, 3 years until i can use forum... (excuse the age, i just put a few numbers together and stopped :/)
can you do something around temporary 3-4 yr ban or permanent ban?
(The forum age)