DoubleThink said:
It happens at the end of the cloud area

In that case, yes, it should work.

Mar 13, 2011 at 3:03 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
From what I can remember after I started playing again:
-I like what you did with the platform + bat jump area, thanks for using my suggestion :rolleyes:
-Levels 1 and 3 in world 4 (I think?) have a lovely classic style obviously, but tbh are kind of samey and shallow, aside from the invisible paths and that one air-jumping bit.
-The Monster X fight has a neat room setup and was easily the most challenging part of the mod so far. I just managed it on my first serious try at full HP, although I still didn't quite have the proper tactic down. The 'doors' area was pretty good as well.

I've been completely distracted playing Pokemon Black ever since Thursday, so please do mention if I've forgotten anything. So far I've found secrets 2, 6, the secret?, and the unknown item, so obviously there's still some work for me to do during the final release. I haven't tried what's new in the 'alternate' route yet either.

Mar 13, 2011 at 3:46 PM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
DoubleThink said:
-I like what you did with the platform + bat jump area, thanks for using my suggestion :rolleyes:

Yep! I really liked the idea, so I used it.

DoubleThink said:
-Levels 1 and 3 in world 4 (I think?) have a lovely classic style obviously, but tbh are kind of samey and shallow, aside from the invisible paths and that one air-jumping bit.

I get what you mean, I sort of ran out of ideas with the tileset, but; What do you mean "invisible paths?" I can't seem to be able to think of something like that..

DoubleThink said:
-The Monster X fight has a neat room setup and was easily the most challenging part of the mod so far. I just managed it on my first serious try at full HP, although I still didn't quite have the proper tactic down. The 'doors' area was pretty good as well.

Yes, I really like the Monster X fight, and since I don't think Monster X is challenging, this definitely gives it more challenge.

DoubleThink said:
I haven't tried what's new in the 'alternate' route yet either.

There's not really anything new that way, though some pretty slight things were changed. (Like the size of the 3rd room in the Hideout place) And also some very small aesthetic changes. So, unless you want to see that, there's not really any point. :/

Mar 20, 2011 at 2:58 AM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Okay, FINALLY getting around to reviewing this :p

-I think I liked the old title screen music better.
-It's cool that you've added some new sound effects, though I'm not a huge fan of the jump or typewriter sounds.
-Secret 1 is harder to find, which is good.
-I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but hearts dropped by enemies no longer flash white.
-The fade graphic is really cool.
-I really like your use of vibrant colors (in particular, green, and, to a lesser extent, red) to give the graphics of the mod some unity.
-The description of the fireball in the armsitem window has an extra newline.
-I have written in my notes "Omega?" but I can't remember now what I meant by that...
-I was beginning to think that getting the fireball was kinda useless, but the ice cave proves it to be quite useful, so good job there.
-It's possible to just run straight through the block-breaking area in the ice cave without taking any damage; kinda defeats the challenge/coolness of it.
-I have written in my notes "smooth transition after 4th droll". If I remember correctly, what I meant by that was that the camera instantly jumped from one place to another after defeating the 4th droll, and I thought it would look nicer if it scrolled over to the player like it normally does.
-I approve of the long-range lvl2 blade.
-The thing where you and pooh black take a break is hilarious :J
-I love the way you've set up the two maps (the hot and cold mountain) to be similar yet different. Reminds me of the time travel thingy in WaDF.
-This Grasstown music sounds so familiar, but I can't quite place it... OH, I just remembered, it was from a flash game called Mardok's Reign, though now I suspect MR took it from some other game?
-The harmless, invincible bugs in Grasstown are a nice touch. The door you had to try to reach was a great challenge, but nothing happened when I reached it. Is this area incomplete, or am I missing something?
-In 3-2, the dragons make a lot of noise J:
-I absolutely ADORE the music in 3-3 :D
-The h-trig at the bottom of 3-3 is so far to the left, that if you save on the right and fall off to quickly, it doesn't detect you. Maybe have two h-trigs, one on left, and one on right.
-The background hack is nifty (I'm assuming that's what this is) but the clouds are a bit distracting and seem to glitch slightly at the edges of the screen.
-Oooh, we get to go to space! :J
-Needs moar Mario theme song.
-You might consider putting some partially transparent tiles in the Mario area, so the bats don't just come out of nowhere and you can see them coming.
-Umm... "Ollie=dog"? k...
-The sand zone boss is too easy methinks. Moar HP or some hax to make it tougher, mehbeh?
-The corridor with all the drolls, ghosts, and power critters is too repetitive.
-Pooh Black could use another form; it's starting to get old fighting him the same way all these times.

Overall, this mod is really turning into something special and filling me with :Joy! :debug:

Mar 20, 2011 at 3:30 AM
Hey.
Wedge of Cheese said:
-I think I liked the old title screen music better.
:l
I think I like the music, but I might try to make a new theme..
Wedge of Cheese said:
-It's cool that you've added some new sound effects, though I'm not a huge fan of the jump or typewriter sounds.
I like the jump sound, but I'll change the typewriting one in the future
Wedge of Cheese said:
-Secret 1 is harder to find, which is good.
:J.
Wedge of Cheese said:
-I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but hearts dropped by enemies no longer flash white.
Yes it was.
Wedge of Cheese said:
-The fade graphic is really cool.
Heh, I was actually inspired by what you did in The Wrath of Revorshkenahl. (I think that's how you spell it)
Wedge of Cheese said:
-I really like your use of vibrant colors (in particular, green, and, to a lesser extent, red) to give the graphics of the mod some unity.
Wedge of Cheese said:
-The description of the fireball in the armsitem window has an extra newline.
I thought I had fixed that..
Wedge of Cheese said:
-I have written in my notes "Omega?" but I can't remember now what I meant by that...
Probably something about his battle being glitchy. Not sure what I can do about that.
Wedge of Cheese said:
-I was beginning to think that getting the fireball was kinda useless, but the ice cave proves it to be quite useful, so good job there.
I noticed that too. :J
Wedge of Cheese said:
-It's possible to just run straight through the block-breaking area in the ice cave without taking any damage; kinda defeats the challenge/coolness of it.
Hmm...
Wedge of Cheese said:
-I have written in my notes "smooth transition after 4th droll". If I remember correctly, what I meant by that was that the camera instantly jumped from one place to another after defeating the 4th droll, and I thought it would look nicer if it scrolled over to the player like it normally does.
I don't think I understand.
Wedge of Cheese said:
-I approve of the long-range lvl2 blade.
-The thing where you and pooh black take a break is hilarious :J
Wedge of Cheese said:
-I love the way you've set up the two maps (the hot and cold mountain) to be similar yet different. Reminds me of the time travel thingy in WaDF.
Ya.
Wedge of Cheese said:
-This Grasstown music sounds so familiar, but I can't quite place it... OH, I just remembered, it was from a flash game called Mardok's Reign, though now I suspect MR took it from some other game?
It's Saria's Song from multiple games in The Legend of Zelda...
Wedge of Cheese said:
-The harmless, invincible bugs in Grasstown are a nice touch. The door you had to try to reach was a great challenge, but nothing happened when I reached it. Is this area incomplete, or am I missing something?
Well first, :J.
Second, which door?
Wedge of Cheese said:
-In 3-2, the dragons make a lot of noise J:
:l
Wedge of Cheese said:
-I absolutely ADORE the music in 3-3 :D
:J. Me too.
Wedge of Cheese said:
-The h-trig at the bottom of 3-3 is so far to the left, that if you save on the right and fall off to quickly, it doesn't detect you. Maybe have two h-trigs, one on left, and one on right.
I never noticed that, good call.
Wedge of Cheese said:
-The background hack is nifty (I'm assuming that's what this is) but the clouds are a bit distracting and seem to glitch slightly at the edges of the screen.
Nah, it's just the Cloud Generator NPC.
Wedge of Cheese said:
-Oooh, we get to go to space! :J
Wedge of Cheese said:
-Needs moar Mario theme song.
I was making one, but I didn't really want to continue, I didn't like how it was coming.
Wedge of Cheese said:
-You might consider putting some partially transparent tiles in the Mario area, so the bats don't just come out of nowhere and you can see them coming.
Not sure what you mean.
Wedge of Cheese said:
-Umm... "Ollie=dog"? k...
A reference to my dog, who's name is Ollie, and also a reference to the character from my prequel mini-mod thing Stairway.
Wedge of Cheese said:
-The sand zone boss is too easy methinks. Moar HP or some hax to make it tougher, mehbeh?
I really forgot about that. D:
Wedge of Cheese said:
-The corridor with all the drolls, ghosts, and power critters is too repetitive.
Drolls with ghosts and Power Critters? I don't get it.
Wedge of Cheese said:
-Pooh Black could use another form; it's starting to get old fighting him the same way all these times.
Don't worry, there will be. :J
Wedge of Cheese said:
Overall, this mod is really turning into something special and filling me with :Joy! :pignon:
I'm glad you enjoyed it. :J!

Mar 20, 2011 at 4:08 AM
graters gonna grate
Ollie said:
Heh, I was actually inspired by what you did in The Wrath of Revorshkenahl. (I think that's how you spell it)
:pignon:
Yep, that's how you spell it :D.

I don't think I understand.
IIRC, there's a place in 2-1 where you move the camera instantaneously
Code:
<KEY<CNP0142:0000:0000<SOU0011<CNP0141:0000:0000<WAI0010<HMC<WAI0010
<CNP0141:0018:0000<WAI0030<MOV0093:0041[B]<FON0142:0001[/B]
<SMC<WAI0010<SOU0011<CNP0142:0018:0000<FOM0016<END
I would suggest changing the second number in <FON0142:0001 to something larger, maybe 10.

Well first, :J.
Second, which door?
thatdoor.png

^ that door

I was making one, but I didn't really want to continue, I didn't like how it was coming.
I can make one for you.

Not sure what you mean.
Right now all the tiles are completely opaque. You know how in CS, in the Last Cave, there are those "metal grid" tiles with holes in them near the bat generators, so you can see the bats coming? It might be nice if you had something like that.

Drolls with ghosts and Power Critters? I don't get it.
corridor.png

That whole long bottom area is all the same thing. It gets kinda boring...

Apr 13, 2011 at 5:20 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
WHY DOESN'T ANYBODY LIKE THIS MOD OR POST IN IT WHAT THE HELL GUYS.

ALL YALL BUNNIES BETTER RECOGNIZE OLLIE'S GENIUS.

OR SO HELP ME NOXID I WILL ASSEMBLY YOU.

Apr 13, 2011 at 3:39 PM
graters gonna grate
Well, see, generally people tend to post in a mod thread only shortly after the release of a new demo. Not much to discuss after a while.

Apr 13, 2011 at 9:29 PM
Wedge of Cheese said:
Well, see, generally people tend to post in a mod thread only shortly after the release of a new demo. Not much to discuss after a while.

There's alot to talk about with The Show.

Apr 14, 2011 at 7:48 PM
DoubleThink said:
What do you wanna hear first? The bad news or the worst?

Uh..

both at the same time. :pignon2:

Jun 29, 2011 at 10:37 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Well, you can choose to join Pooh Black and turn against the old narrator, or you can stay with the old narrator. Either way, you probably fight Quote...

Jun 30, 2011 at 12:24 AM
Hey.
What are you talking about?

Jun 30, 2011 at 12:38 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'm not sure ollie :/
Where are you with this anyway?
Haven't heard much since 2x

Jun 30, 2011 at 1:23 AM
Hey.
Hm, well, I'm nearly finished, maybe a month or two until it's done, really.
Recentely, I've gone kind of slow. I'm really excited for these next levels, though.

Jul 19, 2011 at 2:23 PM
LSD
"..."
I got to the end of both endings.
The one where you
Join Pooh Black. It ends in the space ship going to 7-1,
And the one where you
Stay with that guy. It ends when you get on the dragon to the Ice Castle in the sky.

I'd like to say this is an AMAZING mod. I love how you implemented and of the new sprites and secrets. It does kinda have a Storyline.
Pooh Black is trying to kill you, but you have to defend yourself from him. :\ Kinda.

Anyway, thank you and I await the final upload :p
By the way-
Do you transfer saves by copying the Profile from an earlier version and puting it in the newer? Will we be able to do that with the final?
Thanks.

Jul 19, 2011 at 8:55 PM
Hey.
Heh, well thanks a lot! No one's commented on this in a while, hm..
Anyway:
Pigaro said:
I'd like to say this is an AMAZING mod. I love how you implemented and of the new sprites and secrets. It does kinda have a Storyline.
Pooh Black is trying to kill you, but you have to defend yourself from him. :\ Kinda.
That is, most of it I guess. I make it up as I go, and this last release that I'm working on will have a lot more story.

Pigaro said:
Anyway, thank you and I await the final upload :p
By the way-
Do you transfer saves by copying the Profile from an earlier version and puting it in the newer? Will we be able to do that with the final?
Thanks.

You're welcome!
I'm pretty sure it's only possible to transfer saves from the latest version to the one I'm working on right now. You might want to play it again though, because this next version is 2x, and it has better graphics and stuff.

Jul 20, 2011 at 1:53 AM
LSD
"..."
Will do.
I only had problems with shooting 'cause I have a horrible trigger finger, and I'm not the best platformer.
I'd also like to say the music was AMAZING. I loved your remixes of all of them.
Thanks again :D