The Show

Oct 16, 2012 at 4:05 AM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
I figured I'd just upload this here, since it's finished for the most part and I can't really be bothered to work on it anymore. I might come back to Cave Story modding some day, but for now, I'm finished and I think that I'm satisfied with my work on this. It took a lot of effort and devotion, and it wouldn't have been possible if not for the people who contributed in some way, like Noxid and GIR's 2xres hack and a few of Noxid's other hacks. A few of my friends had helped a bit as well, but the majority was done by me, and I think it came out well, though not perfect. But is anything really that perfect?

Anyway, enjoy The Show Season 1, it's fun if just from my viewpoint. :J

(So yeah I sort of finished a mod, though not exactly)

Oct 16, 2012 at 4:59 AM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I figured I'd just upload this here, since it's finished for the most part and I can't really be bothered to work on it anymore. I might come back to Cave Story modding some day, but for now, I'm finished and I think that I'm satisfied with my work on this. It took a lot of effort and devotion, and it wouldn't have been possible if not for the people who contributed in some way, like Noxid and GIR's 2xres hack and a few of Noxid's other hacks. A few of my friends had helped a bit as well, but the majority was done by me, and I think it came out well, though not perfect. But is anything really that perfect?

Anyway, enjoy The Show Season 1, it's fun if just from my viewpoint. :J

(So yeah I sort of finished a mod, though not exactly)

Oh man. Thanks for bumping this thread with your post. I haven't seen this mod before and now that I see the screenshots... Well, it looks absolutely delectable. Can't wait to go home and play it.

Oct 16, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Hey.
Oh man. Thanks for bumping this thread with your post. I haven't seen this mod before and now that I see the screenshots... Well, it looks absolutely delectable. Can't wait to go home and play it.

No problem, have fun with it!

Oct 17, 2012 at 12:34 AM
Melon Lord
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Good to see you finally finalized it with your best effort. The past demos have certainly entertained me. Hope to see you again someday.

Oct 17, 2012 at 3:48 AM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
Can somebody give me a dropbox link?
Fuck campus proxy.

EDIT: Actually nevermind I got around it.

Oct 27, 2012 at 9:44 PM
Hey.
Since my music has been praised from time to time, I figured I'd make a little folder that contains all of it contained in The Show + Stairway. In this folder, I've also added music that would have been in Season 2, music which WAS in Season two but since it was never released because it's broken, I wanted to show it here because I worked hard especially on that stuff. There's also some stuff from past releases, such as the hilarity that is the original death music. I haven't included remixes of Cave Story songs that I've done in this, unless they're ones I've actually put a bit of effort into and sound decent. Otherwise, it's all there pretty much. There may be some songs that I haven't included, but if you notice this, then you can notify me. Anyway, here's the soundtrack of The Show.

Oct 27, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
The music that Ollie makes is just amazing.

You can easily compete with all the good music makers on this forum. And more than that.

Are you teaching music to anyone? You'd be so good at theory even if you could just intuit all the chord progressions, notes, and melodies.

Oct 27, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Hey.
The music that Ollie makes is just amazing.

You can easily compete with all the good music makers on this forum. And more than that.

Are you teaching music to anyone? You'd be so good at theory even if you could just intuit all the chord progressions, notes, and melodies.

Thanks Carrotlord. I have to be honest, I wasn't expecting anyone to like my music that much, heh.

I'm not teaching music to anyone, but I do have a pretty good grasp on keys and chords and what not. I do actually play music on real instruments and kind of have a band (though we haven't done much yet), and that's something that I'm pretty dang passionate about. :J

Oct 28, 2012 at 9:04 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Nice music pack, especially some of the stuff you hadn't released. I haven't found time to play the final the final update yet but I'll be sure to post here when I do.

Nov 26, 2012 at 10:31 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
This is simply one of the best cave story mods that i have ever played.

Hidden text highlight (or click) to view:

I abuse this game.A lot

Nov 26, 2012 at 10:34 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Abuse is okay when it's female on male.

Nov 26, 2012 at 11:30 PM
Been here way too long...
Jan 25, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Finally got around to playing this, and ran into a pretty major error:
After beating Omega in the snow area, the focus remains locked, even after I managed to leave the map. I can't really continue playing this way :(

Jan 30, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Hey.
To answer that, I've played through this testing it more than ten times and that has never happened to me. If you reset the executable it should reset the camera so you can fight the boss again?

And by the way, I know that Omega is really glitchy. I almost want to just completely remove him from it because I just couldn't get it to work, I'm mostly just worried that doing that would make that part of the level very barren. I encourage you to try the boss again and see if it works this time. If not, I guess I'll have to fix that.

Mar 2, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
So yeah, exiting the game worked, and now a month later I've finally got around to finishing it. I could've sworn I'd missed some content or a release or something, but I didn't recognise anything new in this playthrough. As a result, I have only a couple of new comments:

Hidden text highlight (or click) to view:

-I liked the old Narrator dialogue better (up to the part where you can choose who to follow)
-In a few places (spaceship terminal, dragon village leader, end of ep 22) the old world-based naming scheme (e.g. world 4-1) is still referenced, rather than the new episodic one; I also kinda like the old way better here too
-Still missed about half of the secrets, if you're really done with Season 1 then maybe I'll take a peek at the code

I guess that means this counts as another completed mod, congrats! :D

Time now to go back to figuring out what else I haven't played yet x_x

Mar 2, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Hey.
I think the main problem I had with designing this mod is that it's hard to come up with so many unique levels. I can see why you would like the old numbering better, but I made it that way because it would be much easier to bridge the gap between the first and second seasons, and since they were seasons I figured it would also be pretty clever. It tended to be kind of unworkable sometimes since the names to the levels were really long sometimes and wouldn't fit, but oh well. Feel free to look at the code, just keep in mind that you may not be able to see the maps correctly since it's 2x. Anyway, I just wanted to say that this probably isn't my last mod I'm going to make, but I won't be releasing the next one any time soon.

And it also probably will be better. Thanks for playing DT!