Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
I've just finished the second demo.
I've also updated the first post, so you can find it there. :J

Nov 22, 2010 at 2:16 AM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Wow, that was fast xD

There are actually some things I liked better about the first version, namely the title screen music, the typewriter sound, the background in the Grasstown-esque levels, and the fact that enemies make sound when they die.

You must have either removed the first secret or hidden it much better, because I didn't even think about it until I reached the second level and I'm all like "wait I was supposed to get the Snake".

It seems you remixed On To Grasstown a bit more even. I don't remember those sus2 chords in the previous demo; they're a nice touch.

You still seem to have a few exposed slopes.

The exit to the room after the first Pooh Black fight should still be made clearer.

Good job with the second Pooh Black fight.

The upward slope tiles in the sand/ice tileset seem to have a random dark pixel in the middle, which looks really odd and out of place.

Wow, your map design skills seem to have really improved for the second zone!

Ahh, the mountain music is SO GOOD!! I swear I've heard it before somewhere, but I can't think where.

In this place:
showscreen.png

and one other that's similar to it, I think it would look nicer if you either made the dark tiles transparent, or made a more natural transition between transparent and dark (a straight vertical line looks kind of awkward/unnatural).

Aw, no 8th droll? But I get to meet the dude! How exciting; looking forward to the next demo very much!! :cool:

Nov 22, 2010 at 5:16 AM
Hey.
Wedge of Cheese said:
Wow, that was fast xD

There are actually some things I liked better about the first version, namely the title screen music, the typewriter sound, the background in the Grasstown-esque levels, and the fact that enemies make sound when they die.

You must have either removed the first secret or hidden it much better, because I didn't even think about it until I reached the second level and I'm all like "wait I was supposed to get the Snake".

It seems you remixed On To Grasstown a bit more even. I don't remember those sus2 chords in the previous demo; they're a nice touch.

You still seem to have a few exposed slopes.

The exit to the room after the first Pooh Black fight should still be made clearer.

Good job with the second Pooh Black fight.

The upward slope tiles in the sand/ice tileset seem to have a random dark pixel in the middle, which looks really odd and out of place.

Wow, your map design skills seem to have really improved for the second zone!

Ahh, the mountain music is SO GOOD!! I swear I've heard it before somewhere, but I can't think where.

In this place:
showscreen.png
and one other that's similar to it, I think it would look nicer if you either made the dark tiles transparent, or made a more natural transition between transparent and dark (a straight vertical line looks kind of awkward/unnatural).

Aw, no 8th droll? But I get to meet the dude! How exciting; looking forward to the next demo very much!! :cool:

Wait, the enemies make sounds???
I didn't even touch that!

Anyway, the first secret is in fact, still present. It's good to know that I hid it well this time. It also no longer has the Snake, so don't get your hopes up if you DO find it.

On to Grasstown was like that before, actually. Just so you know. :J

I really need to look into finding those slopes....

I tried my best with the exit part, but I'll try even BETTER than that.

:J

They do? I've got to look into that.

I want you to know, 2-1 took me an entire week!

The mountain music is a song by Pixel. It's from the Cave Story beta and it's called Wind Fortress or something like that.

I couldn't think of a better way to do that, and I did noticed it's strange-looking.

Anyway, thanks for playing it (again), and if you really want to know where the first secret is, look below. :J

The first secret is in the window in the house in 1-1.

Nov 22, 2010 at 6:12 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Ollie said:
Wait, the enemies make sounds???
I didn't even touch that!

Ohhhh, this might be Cave Editor's fault. I remember Noxid telling me about how the latest version of CE messed up the npc.tbl again, and then noxid gave me a fixed version.

Check if CE is messing up the npc.tbl by grabbing a clean npc.tbl and then editing it a bit. If it is then report it on the CE thread.

Nov 22, 2010 at 3:28 PM
Hey.
You're completely right, though I suspected that it was CE that did it.
I'll report the problem. (Also, does anyone know how to fix it?)

Nov 22, 2010 at 4:16 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Ollie said:
You're completely right, though I suspected that it was CE that did it.
I'll report the problem. (Also, does anyone know how to fix it?)

It's an old bug with CE that must have accidentally slipped into the new build. If you report it to wistil on the thread chances are he'll release a new version with the fixed npc.tbl editor.

Only thing I can recommend that you do is grab a clean, fresh npc.tbl, since there's no way to undo the changes that CE made to it (unless you want to go through every entity and fix them all by hand, and even then it'll still be a bit glitchy).

Nov 22, 2010 at 4:20 PM
Hey.
Alright. I can't really use a completely new one right now, as I had to change the health values of certain bosses. Anyway, I was thinking that it wasn't too important right now, because it's not finished. I'll report it, though.

Nov 22, 2010 at 4:23 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Ollie said:
Alright. I can't really use a completely new one right now, as I had to change the health values of certain bosses. Anyway, I was thinking that it wasn't too important right now, because it's not finished. I'll report it, though.

You could just always grab a new one, and then edit the hp values later/with CE 0.98d (which shouldn't break the npc.tbl, I believe).

Nov 22, 2010 at 4:26 PM
Hey.
I COULD do that, but I've completely failed at finding that version.

Nov 22, 2010 at 4:39 PM
Hey.
Why thank you. :J

Dec 7, 2010 at 3:24 AM
Hey.
Uh, I've got a few more screen shots.

diph.php

diph.php

I died right after taking this second one.

Dec 16, 2010 at 12:52 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
the worst mod

Dec 16, 2010 at 1:10 AM
Been here way too long...
the worst mod
What is?
One cannot simply say a noun and an adjective.

Lynched idiots.

See? It doesn't mean anything? Even if you were referring to this mod, you're obviously very wrong. Have you even played all the mods? a lot of the stink. A few I wouldn't say deserve to be called mods.

Whatever.
I enjoyed it.

Dec 16, 2010 at 1:12 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Lace said:
What is?
One cannot simply say a noun and an adjective.

Lynched idiots.

See? It doesn't mean anything? Even if you were referring to this mod, you're obviously very wrong. Have you even played all the mods? a lot of the stink. A few I wouldn't say deserve to be called mods.

Whatever.
I enjoyed it.

lol, I was just joking, I talk to Ollie like everyday, and I play all of the demos.

he knows i was joking too.

and damn you mad

Dec 16, 2010 at 1:43 AM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
He wasn't mad; he was just explaining how your comment seemed kinda dumb from an outsider's perspective.

Although I guess I should let him speak for himself; maybe he was mad O_o

Dec 16, 2010 at 2:14 AM
Been here way too long...
Cheese is right, but I guess I was sorta mad. :/
I just hate when people dismiss something in two words that someone else has spent hours working on. It's rude and idiotic. Also I'm awful at context, so I apologizes.

Dec 16, 2010 at 2:29 AM
Hey.
*Cough*It was three words*Cough*

But anyway, did you not see the :J I put? That's always a sign.

Dec 25, 2010 at 6:34 PM
Hey.
Alright. I've gotten a lot done this month. In fact, I got so much done, I've finished the next demo for it. And, since it's Christmas, I've got something nice for you. A complete, but short, new mod which serves as a prequel to The Show, with the title Stairway.
It focuses on a certain dog who lives in a village. It also tells what happened to the guy in The Show, kinda. I even managed to put credits for it. :confused:
I also fixed up most things with The Show, there's only one little glitch that I know of, and that was my fault.

The Show, with Stairway.

Happy, merry Christmas, everyone.