The Science of Cave Story

Jan 18, 2008 at 5:15 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
xristosx said:
yes now all they need is to stop them from sneezing:p
(wow its annoying typing on the phone:/ )
Could be the start of an anime series.

"She was cursed by a witch. Whenever she sneezes she turns into a rabbit-person."

Jan 18, 2008 at 5:51 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
xristosx said:
(wow its annoying typing on the phone:/ )
Must try this on the PSP, if I can ever figure out where the WLAN switch is.

Jan 18, 2008 at 6:17 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Roonil Wazlib said:
... and has conveniently forgotten to change Sue and Itoh back.
Of course. ;)

Misery has this little problem with not being able to tell one mimiga from another considering that she mistook Toroko for Sue.

Jan 18, 2008 at 6:30 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Roonil Wazlib said:
Yeah. But is it mentioned that it was Miza who changed Sue?
Why not? Considering that she cursed Itoh (Itoh mentions this) with the exact same curse as Sue's.

Jan 18, 2008 at 7:13 AM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
andwhyisit said:
Why not? Considering that she cursed Itoh (Itoh mentions this) with the exact same curse as Sue's.
We can't take anything for granted. Why not, you ask? Because of what you mentioned earlier. How come she couldn't make the difference between one she cursed and one she'd never seen before?

Jan 19, 2008 at 7:43 PM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
Maybe I should add time travel to me mod...
If I can get it off my dead laptop.
T_T

Why did I kill the HDD?

Jan 20, 2008 at 5:10 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Roonil Wazlib said:
Question: How does the book at the Prefab Building teleport you to outside the Palace, reversing time?
Bookshelf you mean...

"If you'd like to give up, I can give you back a little time. Do you want to give up?"

It's the same spot that you get to read Booster's note earlier right?

"You find a note by Booster. Would you like to read it?"
"Exploration of the island's interior would be more effectively accomplished, I suspect, had we equipment to facilitate aerial movement. Thus, I have duly begun development upon the "Booster". Development of this flying apparatus will take place in two stages, versions 0.8 and 2.0. My plans call for v0.8 to be equippable and to allow a certain amount of hovering. I'm sure I can complete v2.0, provided I only live long enough. It promises to be an even more useful item."

I'd have to say Jenka and her dogs would be the most probable suspect as to whose voice says that. Unless...

Jan 20, 2008 at 6:33 PM
Respwnt
X-Calibar said:
Bookshelf you mean...

"If you'd like to give up, I can give you back a little time. Do you want to give up?"

It's the same spot that you get to read Booster's note earlier right?

"You find a note by Booster. Would you like to read it?"
"Exploration of the island's interior would be more effectively accomplished, I suspect, had we equipment to facilitate aerial movement. Thus, I have duly begun development upon the "Booster". Development of this flying apparatus will take place in two stages, versions 0.8 and 2.0. My plans call for v0.8 to be equippable and to allow a certain amount of hovering. I'm sure I can complete v2.0, provided I only live long enough. It promises to be an even more useful item."

I'd have to say Jenka and her dogs would be the most probable suspect as to whose voice says that. Unless...
Unless????

Jan 21, 2008 at 6:32 AM
Indie game enthusiast
I love quoting good games
Oh... downloading Within a Deep Forest now :)

Unless????
Well... In my prequel mod I hope to explore the unnoticed things, adding new mysteries and making things clearer.
But, back to the original quote...

"I'd have to say Jenka and her dogs would be the most probable suspect as to whose voice says that. Unless..."
Unless, it's one of the mysteries :
Ripped Page from the Book of Mysteries :

[Read on at your own peril : Spoilers]
Prof. Booster : Who is Prof. Booster. Is there a greater history between Booster and Quote, Curly and/or the Killer Robots of the 10 Years Ago? He recognized Quote immediately. The only others to recognize him immediately are Ctuhulu, Jenka, and Itoh. [Momorin had forewarning by Sue...]

In the ending credits, Booster visits Jenka, seemingly out of the blue. Is there a connection to Jenka? Booster and Jenka know each other?

The Narrator and the Computer : Who tells us the greater mysteries of the island. If the player is Quote and what he knows is what we know... Are the mysterious messages following the route where Curly lives knowledge he is remembering? Why are Curly and Booster's survival so important to unlocking Hell?
Who is the person communicating to Quote in the Waterway Cabin... A cabin filled with information on robots. Impossibly out of the way, and connected to the route leading to the Core and labyrinth. Didn't Booster say he only very recently discovered the Heart of the Island/Core? The only thing linking Booster is the quote "I pray for your victory".

Sue's Father and the Locket : There is no mention of who Sue's father is in Cave Story, and Momorin is referred to as "Ms. Sakamoto". Why was Sue brought along onto this island she never wanted to go to? Why wasn't there anyone else that could have watched over Sue? A trip to the island where the War was launched 10 years ago...
When Booster tells Quote Sue never wanted to go to this island, if you can do one thing save that child he says, "That girl is Sakamoto's daughter, and she never wanted to come here in the first place." Is Sakamoto the father's surname? If something happened to the father, would Momorin keep that surname, as well as pass it to the children...?
The Locket. Sue, gives Toroko a locket that is quote : "Silver Locket - A silver locket in the shape of a fish. From the condition it's in, it looks like it's been treasured for years." An important locket to Sue... who gave it to her? Why did she bond easily with Toroko... and why did she give her the locket? Toroko lost her brother... Why does Sue hate the island so much?
This is a wild conclusion but what if Sue's father gave her that locket, and died or disappeared on the island 10 years ago? Why was the whole family interested in the island... Booster might have connections to the 10 years ago as well, he seems to have a connection with the family at least...
The one thing that is certain, is the complete absence of mention of the father, and a computer that says wife bore child 4-8-08. How old do you think Sue is?

Curly Brace and Jenka : Curly. She's a very straight-forward engimatic gal. Actually the most important yet most shrouded in mystery are Q and C. Two incredible robots that are leaps and bounds beyond all others. Quote awakening in a strange cave close to a genius gunsmith that just happens to be there... And Curly, awakening in a place so close to Jenka, charged with those baby Mimiga...
And then there's the gunsmith and the Polar Star / Spur. The gunsmith readily admits when you show him the Polar Star, "I didn't make that for you!", and when Curly notices the Polar Star she recognizes the gun right away, commenting on its poor condition, offering the machinegun...
What if the Spur was intended for Curly Brace originally. What if Jenka decided that Curly and Quote were the robots that would save them all? Perhaps betting her money on Curly the previous hero, keeping her close...

The Final Mystery : Now here is something. Did you notice how Misery and the s...
*the rest of the page appears to be torn off*

So who was the voice to turn back a little bit of time?
Perhaps it was something within Quote and Curly or watching Q and C.

No ordinary pair of robots could have ended the War of 10 years ago, defeated a sorcerer like Ballos, and defy all possibilities...

I do have a few questions though, like what is Ballos' dog's name?
And what are the genders of Jenka's dogs?
Hajime - M [verified]
Mick - ? [name sounds like M]
Shinobou - M [verified]
Kakeru - ? [a boy's name? M]
Nene - F [verified]

Jan 21, 2008 at 9:12 PM
Indie game enthusiast
JacobX891 said:
how did you verify :eek:
Well... while they were asleep I picked them up and.....

HEy!! I mean, it was in the text lol
Hajime - Jenka's pet and leader of the dogs. While searching for [his] [brothers], [he] got lost and was taken in by Curly.

Mick - Jenka's pet. Loves treasure-hunting. Or treasure *chests*, rather, and recently has taken up sleeping in them.

Shinobou - Jenka's pet. Loves dark places. Due to poor eyesight, [he] roams the darkness using [his] wild instincts alone.

Kakeru - Jenka's pet. Adores bones and has buried them in countless places, most of which are now forgotten.

Nene - Jenka's pet. Spends most of [her] time asleep, but [her] dreams have been known to portend the future.

That or the collected dog's quotes told me :
Arf!
Arf!
Arf arf!
Woof! Woof! Woof!
Arf arf arf!
Booop!
Zzzzz...
*whine*...

Jan 22, 2008 at 8:03 PM
I'd say, based on nothing at all, that all the dogs except Nene are male, as Hajime's description says "searching for his brothers"...
Boots go that way >

Jan 23, 2008 at 7:41 PM
Roonil Wazlib said:
He might have bib' lookin' for only those verified.
But that'd make him an ass...
:<

Hehe...
I think this is the longest a topic posted by me has ever survived in a forum.
Any forum.

Jan 23, 2008 at 10:36 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
DragonBoots said:
But that'd make him an ass...
:<

Hehe...
I think this is the longest a topic posted by me has ever survived in a forum.
Any forum.
And even after the questions have dried up and all catgirls are dead this thread will probably continue as offtopic conversation. :o

Jan 23, 2008 at 10:38 PM
Probably... .

Jan 24, 2008 at 5:11 AM
Indie game enthusiast
JacobX891 said:
Yep, so here I am to do just that and extend the lifetime of topics that will otherwise die. I guess you could say that I'm saving lives when I post off-topic.
What about the cat girls....:D :D
p28608-0-monx2.gif

If not, I could create one and up my post count. Ok, so anyway, which dog says boop?
BOOP! hmm
Boop!

It's probably the fourth dog you bring. I'm guessing order doesn't matter, ...