The return of King's Story

Nov 14, 2014 at 5:19 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I meant to post this yesterday but Safari ate my post and blah.
I've actually played K(I)SS before, but it's been so long that I hardly remember what my reactions were. I didn't object to all of the gore, surprisingly, and stopped at the beaker puzzle because I was/am a dumb child. I do remember wondering, though, why Yoko was such a one-note character, but I'm sure you have something more meaningful planned for her than killing her off in the first scene for King's character progression, so whatever. Or was she just "missing" and not dead? It's been too long, I don't remember. I agree that you might want to fine-tune the transition to a second area and King's reactions a bit.

Anyway, good luck, not that you need my wishes. I'm sure you can do it, when you're full of conviction like this I'm pretty sure you can do anything. ;3

Nov 14, 2014 at 5:26 PM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
Noxid Noxid he's our man! If he can't do it, no one can!

No one...

Nov 14, 2014 at 10:39 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I'm glad to see this mod take a lively return. I actually played K:SS extensively back in the day, so it's nice to see it come back. As for the gore and what-not, I think it was okay for the most part. I didn't have that much of an issue with it back when I first played it, so having it a second time shouldn't be a big issue for me. However, I think if it gets to a point like this screenshot, I think it's too much.

Otherwise, I would love to see this mod completed.

Nov 15, 2014 at 2:17 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
I disagree completely, in fact I wanna see more dirt and blood.

I won't be satisfied until the game looks like this:
p190326-0-icnexqm.png

Nov 15, 2014 at 3:03 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
KSS: Indie dev mode

Nov 15, 2014 at 3:46 AM
Banned
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
PLEASE MAKE IT ALOT LESS BLOOD AND GORE PLEASE VERY MUCH THANKS

Nov 15, 2014 at 10:12 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Give King spaghettivision regenerating health and make the entire invading force WW2 veteran space marines

Nov 17, 2014 at 12:50 AM
"Huzzah!"
Yes, KSS is back!
This was literally the first mod I ever played and I loved it (Although I was a a little annoyed with the "some math" bit when I played it a few years back.
I loved the old storyline and I would love to see it stay.

Nov 17, 2014 at 1:38 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Such a glorious return for such an amazing mod as this.
But, please, don't make us do math again. I already get enough of that on tuesdays. lol

Nov 17, 2014 at 4:11 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Watch me reiterate everything that was said in this thread lol.

Yes, the news was unexpected, so unexpected that even though I read the topic the day it was posted, I did not post my reaction until now. King's Story was the first Cave Story mod I ever played, and it was one that I had picked out from the list of the Quickie mods specifically.

The blood used was surprising, but I never think it grossed me out. It was more unsettling than sickening, and that really added some real depth and boldness to the mod to go that route.

From what I remember, I was quite intrigued by the enemies and the weapons. I can't remember what the music was like, except there was a really upbeat version of Mimiga Village, which was...interesting and another piece which sounded like a piano examination study , with lots of running scales. I don't think I got the details right; I played it once late at night and never touched it again. That was a bad time to attempt math. I remember having to search on the forums for the answer. Actually, I felt like there was some chemistry knowledge needed as well, but perhaps I didn't examine enough material to get a full grasp on the proper equation.

Well, all the best to you as you rebuild the mod. We'll just see how long it will take.

Nov 20, 2014 at 10:49 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I remember that this mod is what got me into the idea of modding in the first place. I loved the science, and as it turns out, this stuff is gonna help me latter in my science class. I really hope that this mod will be drug out from the graveyard, and be resurrected!

Nov 20, 2014 at 10:56 PM
Professional Whatever
It already has been bro

Nov 20, 2014 at 11:07 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Ok, I'm still very happy for KSS's return!

Dec 20, 2014 at 1:36 AM
"Huzzah!"
Noxid you could either use less blood or make an option on the title screen for blood.(Options>Blood on/off)
or just do whatever.