The random ideas topic of doom

Jan 5, 2008 at 7:24 PM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
jcys810 said:
No, not cool. There would be millions of Quotes running around. Unless you play it in the past of Cave Story, where you are a killer robot. That'd be fucking epic, imo.

Edit - 100th post in topic!
Quote - Hat = Killer Robot?
Hehe...
It's the hat, my good man, that makes the man, err robot.

Mar 5, 2008 at 9:54 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Roonil Wazlib said:
Random idea - Hell with Booster v0.8

Im pretty sure the point of the booster 2.0 is to be able to do hell :D

Mar 5, 2008 at 11:36 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
If I do a mod or ever find time to learn how, I wanna try and do the killer robot idea. Also, hacking the game to do hell with an unlimited Booster v0.8 sounds pretty kickass.

Mar 7, 2008 at 6:53 AM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
Or make them happy party traps...?

Mar 21, 2008 at 8:40 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I have an idea for the Superuberepicinsanemodthingofdoom, where you find the polar star in a treasure chest, but with a catch: Every shot blows you into the wall behind you no matter how far. That'd be very difficult and fun.

Mar 21, 2008 at 9:52 AM
Respwnt
DimJim said:
I have an idea for the Superuberepicinsanemodthingofdoom, where you find the polar star in a treasure chest, but with a catch: Every shot blows you into the wall behind you no matter how far. That'd be very difficult and fun.
Nice idea, but I dun think its possible.

Mar 21, 2008 at 10:08 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
hey do you think its possible to make a weapon that slowly damages you as you use it?

Mar 21, 2008 at 10:37 AM
Justin-chan
With Assembly, probably. With Hex, I doubt it.

Mar 25, 2008 at 1:31 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Here's a really random idea, after the 'Redemption' ending of CS, Curly looks through Quote's inventory and sees Chaco's lipstick. Noticing this, she takes the Rock as a weapon (Throw rocks? O_O) to go back to the island and see why he's got her lipstick. Apparently Quote has no idea either.

Mar 30, 2008 at 3:30 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Skeik_Sprite said:
Hacking the game to do hell with an unlimited Booster v0.8 sounds pretty kickass.
I remember seeing something like that in Youtube, but with v2.0. He put spikes all over Hell. Insane.

DragonBoots said:
Or make them happy party traps...?
Super lol. Party traps made by Malco? Or maybe Traps that doesn't kill you but instead pops out dozens of Balrogs

Mar 31, 2008 at 11:28 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
[OFFTOPIC]The link's broken??? Wait maybe he put a non-broken link in Youtube.

*checks Youtube[/OFFTOPIC]

May 4, 2008 at 7:44 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
:confused:Okay... idea for a mod... yes.
It will take place during the original cave story. The time it happens is when Quote falls asleep in Momorin's hideout, thus the mod begins when he falls asleep and ends when he wakes up. Passage of time shall be distorted within his slumber, meaning that it will not matter how much time he spends dozing. The mod will have many new tile-sets, sprites, enemies, and a plot that may or may not interest you.

-Release v.1: Alpha. At least 10 edited stages with a portion of the story written.
-Release v.2: Alpha. at least 30 MORE edited stages with new story portions.
-Release v.3.0-9: Alpha. Minor releases.
-Release v.4: Beta. The story is complete, all the new stuff is in. I will need people to try it out and report any bugs/problems that are encountered during gameplay.
-Final: A thoroughly ironed out version AND a file containing illustrations of my and some of Pixel's characters AND a version of the original cave story with the edited images (the dialogue will be kept the same). :(

And I vow to follow most of the stuff of stated above and make sure that this thing does not take me half a decade (this project will take a long time though). :o
---------------------------CAVE DREAM------------------------------

So what do you think about this? (I meant every word :D )

May 4, 2008 at 7:56 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Weird stuff. Seriously weird stuff. Stuff that you will hopefully never encounter in real life. There will be sprites (the fairy tale kind), candy, bird-faced hellflames, and psychotic dirt ferrets! OvO

May 4, 2008 at 8:00 AM
Respwnt
ikk said:
Weird stuff. Seriously weird stuff. Stuff that you will hopefully never encounter in real life. There will be nymphs, candy, bird-faced hellflames, and psychotic dirt ferrets! OvO
...ecchi? o.o

XD sounds great, when do you plan to work on it?

May 4, 2008 at 8:15 AM
XD No, no nudity (at least, not for the very humanoid characters :()(I should have worded that "bird-faced" bit differently XD).

I've already laid out two maps *yay*, but no scripts *aww*. And that's pretty much it for now. ^^'