The random ideas topic of doom

Nov 1, 2007 at 4:42 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Xaser said:
(Rift Shard ) - Fires shards of crystal that spread vertically. Initially has 50-shot ammo limit, with frequent crystal items that replenish ammo. Crystals fired do 1 damage apiece and each shot requires only one unit of ammo (regardless of # crystals fired)

Level 1: Fires a loosely-packed burst of 5 crystals at low power. Shatters on walls.
Level 2: Fires a very wide-but-short-range burst of 10 crystals that bounce once.
Level 3: Fires a long, wide spread of 15 crystals, bounces multiple times.

Balancing would be necessary to ensue proper damage (perhaps make the lower levels bouncier and less damaging with lvl3 powerful and direct?), assuming this ever gets made. :D

Well... Maybe you could edit the code for bubbler to use this. It does spread and shoot randomly. Just that they float about randomly too in their bubbles when they first get out of the gun. Maybe you could make it such that the bubbles pop immediately when you first shoot them out. :D

Nov 1, 2007 at 9:04 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
A simple idea for a Cave Story sequel, the canon ending for this sequel would be the normal ending, though you'd have to get Curly to show up at the Plantation, but not restore her memory.

Quote defeats the Doctor and leaps off the island onto Kazuma's dragon, as they fly to the Helicopter and watch the island as it falls, it collides with the ground and starts an Earthquake through out the entire island.

I imagine there'd be two scenarios, one where you play as Quote, and one where you play as Curly. For Quote, after the quake, Ballos has been freed and emerges from the top of mountain and Quote heads there.

Initially, Quote is equipped with a Booster 2.0, a Spur, Fireball, Blade and Bubbler and fights Ballos, this is a pretty typical impossible boss fight in which after you lose, Quote is knocked out and sent flying back into the caves.

For Curly, she awakes after the Earthquake closed in with Cthulthu where she was in the Plantation and the exit is blocked, Cthulthu has opened a secret exit, but is injured and dying. He hands Curly a Polar Star and tells her of the mushroom that can restore her memories (she still doesn't have them.).

From there the two stories take off.

Nov 22, 2007 at 4:05 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Comic Kid said:
A simple idea for a Cave Story sequel, the canon ending for this sequel would be the normal ending, though you'd have to get Curly to show up at the Plantation, but not restore her memory.

Quote defeats the Doctor and leaps off the island onto Kazuma's dragon, as they fly to the Helicopter and watch the island as it falls, it collides with the ground and starts an Earthquake through out the entire island.

I imagine there'd be two scenarios, one where you play as Quote, and one where you play as Curly. For Quote, after the quake, Ballos has been freed and emerges from the top of mountain and Quote heads there.

Initially, Quote is equipped with a Booster 2.0, a Spur, Fireball, Blade and Bubbler and fights Ballos, this is a pretty typical impossible boss fight in which after you lose, Quote is knocked out and sent flying back into the caves.

For Curly, she awakes after the Earthquake closed in with Cthulthu where she was in the Plantation and the exit is blocked, Cthulthu has opened a secret exit, but is injured and dying. He hands Curly a Polar Star and tells her of the mushroom that can restore her memories (she still doesn't have them.).

From there the two stories take off.

that sounds good. but i have a question: are you playing Quote and Curly one after the other or can you select them ?

Nov 22, 2007 at 7:42 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I see that as 'one after another'... at least until curly and quote meet up again.

Nov 23, 2007 at 6:46 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
My 'practice' mods - coming eventually!

I said I was making two 'practice' mods in the CaveEditor thread. Might as well make a topic for them now, saves the trouble of me doing it later.

Mod 1 - Cave Story: Alternate Quest
  • Cave Story, except with two playable characters instead of Quote!
  • Most of the weapons are rather different, except for the bubbler, as seen below.
  • A custom boss, who you fight instead of Tokoro! (Provided that I can actually get him to work properly...)
  • A lot more comedic dialogue (Some of it parodying Cave Story. "Okay, a girl has just been kidnapped by a huge creature which seems to be in species relation to her. No wonder I was expecting the Donkey Kong theme to sound here...")
Weapons:
  • Hadouken (Replacing the Polar Star)
  • Bass Buster (Replacing the Machine Gun)
  • Fire Flower ("Where the hell did you get this?" "It was growing on my front lawn, why?")
  • Bubbler
  • Chaos Blade
  • Shinkuu Hadouken (Replacing the Spur)

Mod 2 - Arioso's Exploration
  • Based off my Chaos Combination fanfics, Arioso explores the floating island and its varied locations, meeting up with numerous characters, etc.
  • The only two weapons are the Crash Bomber (Replacing the missles) and a Buster Cannon (Replacing the Spur).
  • The Mimiga Village has changed and re-located. No longer in the caves, it is now on the surface of the island, with the Master Emerald shrine at the town center (With Knuckles telling stories to the local children). The expedition crew have set up camp there.
  • However, the original village is still standing, though not exactly in the finest of conditions. Can be reached through the graveyard, which is mostly the same, more or less, though King and Tokoro have been buried next to Arthur.
  • Fight Misery, Bass, and Akuma!

Yeah. If anyone is willing to help with the graphics (Like player sprites, etc) it would be much appreciated. Might put up small 'demoes' sometime.

Nov 23, 2007 at 7:40 AM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
As I said before, you should post a screenshot atleast, otherwise post it in the idea topic.
There are too many mod threads of mods who never were released.

~ moved ~

Nov 23, 2007 at 8:57 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Hadouken and Shinkuu Hadouken
lol! Seriously, I think you read too much of AkumaTh's comics. XD

And I will help out with the players sprites. Just give me some descriptions.
As I said before, you should post a screenshot atleast, otherwise post it in the idea topic.
There are too many mod threads of mods who never were released.
Um, SP, you want him to post a screenshot of his mod, that hasn't finished creating the character's sprites yet?

Nov 23, 2007 at 9:08 AM
Hoxtilicious
jcys810 said:
Um, SP, you want him to post a screenshot of his mod, that hasn't finished creating the character's sprites yet?

Then he shouldn't post a topic if he never done anything. :D
A mod thread is actually about a mod which atleast have a screenshot to discuss things about it. A demo would be a lot of better though.

No offense but look at the topics, lot of people were actually talking about "their" mods and never released them, also no screenshots...

Nov 23, 2007 at 9:44 AM
Justin-chan
Oh, okay. Sorry then. :>

Nov 25, 2007 at 7:05 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I lately got a weird idea...

Quote finds himself in some kind of mini-floating islands, and must climb and go down to the... bottom (the islands are floating above some kind of hole, and Quote must go down the outer wall of it and by it's caves...)
At the bottom, finds a giant metallic structure, and he must deactivate it to prevent the islands to fall into the ground and crash.
More like an extension of the outer wall + caves, reunited with some (good) story. And I'm thinking about 2 endings: good and 2nd try. Good is the normal ending, 2nd try I'll keep secret (it isn't playing it twice :p)

If anybody wants to know more details... just say it. I'll add a sploitler.

Nov 27, 2007 at 2:01 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
I had an Idea where link (from zelda series) was the main character and most of the weapons were diffrent kinds of zelda items. Weapons would be hard/easy depending on what items they are based on. Also Link's first weapon is the blade.

Nov 27, 2007 at 6:24 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
S. P. Gardebiter said:
A mod thread is actually about a mod which atleast have a screenshot to discuss things about it. A demo would be a lot of better though.

No offense but look at the topics, lot of people were actually talking about "their" mods and never released them, also no screenshots...
So what? There are also mods that had screenshots and never even had a demo. In the place of screenshots Cronosonic gave enough information about his future mod to be a topic starter in itself, not every thread in the "Mods" section has to contain a mod but at least have "Mods" as the topic of discussion.

Nov 27, 2007 at 6:27 AM
Hoxtilicious
andwhyisit said:
So what? There are also mods that had screenshots and never even had a demo.

This is what I want to prevent in the future, we don't need a shitloads of threads who are about mods, who will never exist.

Nov 27, 2007 at 10:43 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
S. P. Gardebiter said:
This is what I want to prevent in the future, we don't need a shitloads of threads who are about mods, who will never exist.

sorry if this sounds bad i just want to help with your english grammer
who are about mods, who will never exist... it should be " that are about mods, that will never exist "

also that is the right idea but if you just knock back someones idea straightaway how will some mods ever be started at all?

Nov 27, 2007 at 11:22 AM
Justin-chan
sorry if this sounds bad i just want to help with your english grammer
Learn to spell the word grammar before trying to help others with their grammar.

At least S.P. does speak in a way its readable, yours though... No offense, but I find you unreadable sometimes. ._.
also that is the right idea but if you just knock back someones idea straightaway how will some mods ever be started at all?
Fact.

Seriously, if you are going to throw every mod that doesn't even provide a screenshot in here, a mod might not even be able to be made at all. You should make a topic for scrapped mods, and those mods which are stopped, you merge them into that topic. Unless the creator is only on holiday, of course.

Nov 27, 2007 at 2:58 PM
Hoxtilicious
*yawns* you can post the ideas here and I released a topic for my mod after I had something done, I wasn't posting the idea only.

Nov 27, 2007 at 4:02 PM
Justin-chan
But what if they need help in spriting? Do they post here? They can't release screenshots without a done MyChar.pbm/.bmp...

Nov 27, 2007 at 4:15 PM
Hoxtilicious
They don't need edited .pbm's for a demo or a screenie.

Also whats the prob? They could post it here too.

Nov 27, 2007 at 5:45 PM
Justin-chan
Okay then. Shouldn't this also then be called a Request topic as well?

Nov 27, 2007 at 5:46 PM
Hoxtilicious
We just leave it how it is.