The Plan for MiraiGamer Forums

Jan 19, 2009 at 1:08 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
I realize that some of you all may be confused as to all of the various little side projects that seem to be going on with the forums, such as topics about new features being added, topics about grouping threads, a new forum for forum suggestions, et cetera. I'll do my best to try and explain some things so that it clears things up for people. I've been very busy lately with my own personal projects that have upcoming deadlines, so I apologize for not having explained much of this sooner.

First off, I should announce that Shirofan, one of the original four MG.Net Administrators that founded Miraigamer.net forums with me (I'm also one of the four) back in 2004, has returned to help us restructure the forum and revive the GameFlaws site and forum. Shirofan, originally designed most of how the original forum was set up and thus knows quite a bit about this forum as well as how to best go about pruning users, threads, setting up various forum functions, permissions and other related forum issues. That might explain why many of you have all of a sudden started seeing various topics about pruning members and forum suggestions being started by him. Please give him the same courtesy as you would to any of the administrators, especially since he's been a friend of mine for almost 8 years now.

Okay, so here's the plan:

MiraiGamer.Net was originally created to be a site and forum that gave a home to many other game related projects and websites. In a sense, it was and still is being designed as a general gaming community. What we are doing now is to restructure the forums so that everything is more organized and has a nice, new, cleaner feel so that we can start implementing some very cool new features, as well as possible other sites and forum categories that may end up joining the MiraiGamer community.

- Forum Sections and Categories -

1. We'll be having a general discussion section with various sub-categories, similiar to what is already here now, but much more organized and useful to members, including sections about art, music, videos, and homebrew/Indie games.

2. We will have a section for everything Cave Story, which will have forums and sub-forums so that anything can be found easily whenever you want to find it. The restructuring of that has already started, so please bear with us while be come up with the best solutions for how to organize everything.

3. We'll have a section for Gameflaws, which is a site that I used to run, but then later left untouched for awhole. Shirofan has expressed interest in revising what we had and starting things over with fresh a fresh start that should be a lot more interesting than how I first ran it.

4. We'll start up a new section for game development projects, 2-D and 3-D animation/modeling work that members can use if they want to learn more about game development, mod work (aside from Cave Story mods) or just have an interest for how to go about using some of the various 2-D/3-D software packages. It should be a great resource of information and tutorials when it gets set up. Originally, I set up the place so that it could be used for students that went to my college, but since it doesn't seem like many are interested in it, it would be better to just set it up so that all MG.Net forums can use it.

5. We'll have one for XyZ, which is a site that I work on occasionally that deals with the Xak, Ys and Zelda series as well as the genre of Action-Adventure RPGS.

6. We'll have a section for the gaming project, Zelda Quest for Calatia.

7. Two other possible MG community sites/forums may be added in time. But that's up to their respected creators.

- New Features and Additions -

1. Gaming Holiday System - Our plan is to add several games and original creation dates to the master calendar, so that on various anniversaries of the game's original publication date, they can be remembered and honored as they should be.

2. vBulletin Arcade - A complete Arcade Game System with many games that members can play and keep scores attached to their member profiles and compete with one another on leaderboards for trophies that can be displayed on a user profile.

3. New Forum Ranks + 50. This will make the ranks even more diverse.

4. New Style Templates and Template Options, that will give the board a new look and feel.

5. New Buttons and Features and a new upgraded Spoiler system.

5. More to come as we can find new features to add!

If you have suggestions of things to add or things you've seen at other forums that you think would be a good fit for MiraiGamer Forums, please let us know in the Forum Suggestions forum!

-SkyeWelse

Jan 25, 2009 at 6:49 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
A project for a game called Rosenkreuzstilette ~Blades of the Rose Cross~ has currently been undertaken by a group who will work on it through the Rosenkreuzstilette forum category here at Miraigamer Forums.

For those that don't know much about the game, you can view a trailer of it here at youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8lCpHpLB_4

The game pays a excellent homage to oldschool platformers such as Mega Man and Castlevania.

Currently the forums for that specific group are closed to the public until they are ready to open.

-SkyeWelse

Feb 17, 2009 at 5:18 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
First off, I should announce that Shirofan, one of the original four MG.Net Administrators that founded Miraigamer.net forums with me (I'm also one of the four) back in 2004, has returned to help us restructure the forum and revive the GameFlaws site and forum.

Welcome back Shiro! Good to see your metaphorical "face" around some forum or another again!

Feb 17, 2009 at 8:01 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Hey Zonder. Good to see you around again. : ) It's been awhile. We're in the process of cooking up some new features for the forums, but it'll be one hell of a barbaque party when it's done. : )

-SkyeWelse