the OrgMaker patch won't work

Jul 15, 2008 at 7:21 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hello. I saw the Cave Story Tribute Site, and since I fell in love with Cave Story's music, I wanted to learn how to make some of my own with the same program. However, I can't get the English patch to work on the exe file. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I intend on using this with wine, since I'm using Linux. Cave Story and OrgMaker both work fine, but I can't read the text in OrgMaker. I tried using Linux's built-in "patch" binary, but I think that's only for ASCII files. What would I need to use in order to properly patch OrgMaker? I've googled for an already-patched version, but haven't had any luck. Could anyone help me? I posted it here because it seemed like the only place it belonged. Thanks to anyone who takes the time to help me out.

Jul 15, 2008 at 7:37 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
sporkbox said:
Hello. I saw the Cave Story Tribute Site, and since I fell in love with Cave Story's music, I wanted to learn how to make some of my own with the same program. However, I can't get the English patch to work on the exe file. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I intend on using this with wine, since I'm using Linux. Cave Story and OrgMaker both work fine, but I can't read the text in OrgMaker. I tried using Linux's built-in "patch" binary, but I think that's only for ASCII files. What would I need to use in order to properly patch OrgMaker? I've googled for an already-patched version, but haven't had any luck. Could anyone help me? I posted it here because it seemed like the only place it belonged. Thanks to anyone who takes the time to help me out.
Look at the bottom of this page:
http://www.miraigamer.net/cavestory/music.php

Jul 15, 2008 at 7:50 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
That's the page that I got OrgMaker and the patch from. Do I need some sort of special software in order to patch it?

Jul 16, 2008 at 4:28 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Jul 17, 2008 at 1:26 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
JacobX891 said:
Oh yeah, wtf do you do with an .ips? I promised some guy I'd LP his SMW hack and he gave me this .ips file and I'm like 'WTF?'

Btw, if I go to the site, and click on the thing that says download, it doesn't do anything.
The link for download works for me... but just uh google lunar ips, lots o sites have it~

Once you download Lunar IPS you just select the .ips and the game you want to use it on [only use it on the one it's supposed to be used on...]
[some games have a bunch of different roms for a single game, and then there's the whole header or no header deal... for some roms, pay attention to the readme if it's in english lol it'll save trouble hopefully]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Neko-Arc Chaos!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv0sHZx-m58 - Neko Arc Chaos Mid Boss...
(can't wait to read that in english lol)

EDIT : oh dang thought this was teh happy birthday thread

Jul 17, 2008 at 3:50 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
X-Calibar said:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Neko-Arc Chaos!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv0sHZx-m58 - Neko Arc Chaos Mid Boss...
(can't wait to read that in english lol)

EDIT : oh dang thought this was teh happy birthday thread

Thats in one of the story lines D:? wow..... ive only played the arcade(story) with kohaku ^^;.... i gotta play that, im shit with neko Arc Chaos but the computers suck so it should be fine, and Neko Arc chaos is funny as when his making noises, X calibar get the freakin game so i can play you online!, If you need a link on where to download it just ask... its only 500mb or so and it comes with the whole sound track in MP3 format as well, Or i think you can get a 300mb one

Jul 18, 2008 at 11:15 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Wait I don't remember having to patch anything to translate the Orgmaker to English.

I got this English version from a thread Xaser made.. something like that.