• Most people probably don't realise this, but this forum has had two editors for a number of years. One is the xenForo default editor, and the other is a custom editor I made years back I called BBCEd.

All the settings for which editor you use was lost during the upgrade. You can find the setting under Account Settings > Preferences > Editor.

The Mimiga Hero

Nov 29, 2018 at 4:06 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! ALMOST 1,000 VIEWS!
Thank you guys so much for checking this mod out

Aug 26, 2019 at 5:21 PM
Well folks, after two months of delays, The final update is complete....I think... honestly everything I wanted to do with the mod is done, any more updates would be sprite edits and
bug fixes. click the dropbox link at the top.

I just want to thank zxin, Rosa and Walrus_Guy for the technical stuff and a HUGE thank you to Mister Hex, Who made the edited credit pictures and the new Quote face Sprite that I slightly edited to have a nose.

So uh yeah...it's done...for real...no more added things after this

Aug 26, 2019 at 6:20 PM
"Huzzah!"
Well folks, after two months of delays, The final update is complete....I think... honestly everything I wanted to do with the mod is done, any more updates would be sprite edits and

I just want to thank zxin, Rosa and Walrus_Guy for the technical stuff and a HUGE thank you to Mister Hex, Who made the edited credit pictures and the new Quote face Sprite that I slightly edited to have a nose.

I’ll be sure to give this a try! My day’s booked, but I’ll be able to play as soon as work is finished tomorrow

Aug 26, 2019 at 8:40 PM
"Huzzah!"

Guess I'll be playing it now, it look different enough for me to take the shot.
ᵂʰʸ ⁿᵒᵗ ʳᵉᶜᵒʳᵈ ᶦᵗ...

Aug 27, 2019 at 12:08 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
i played a bit today, up to egg corridor - it's pretty cool so far! quote's facepic is pretty cute and i liked the altered dialogue/lore, though it's cut off a lot at times in the textbox.

my only issue is the way you save - it's a cool idea, but removing all markers that you can save in that particular room is a bit frustrating (having to check the inventory and go through the dialogue every time). i know i should probably remember where the save points are by now but my memory is awful lmao

oh, and i don't know if this was intentional but i couldn't save in the room next to Egg. 00, or the observation room and after beating igor i got one-shot by a bug and sent back to cthulhu's abode (the last place i could save) which was kinda annoying.

once i get over being salty about that i'll try the rest of it out, i'm excited to see where the altered story goes!

Aug 27, 2019 at 2:27 PM
thank you for letting me know!
Yeah, the cut off text, oband side room, are bugs but I'm going to get them fixed
real soon.
As for saving. I'll fix that too

Also 2,000 view milestone! Woo!

Aug 27, 2019 at 5:13 PM
Dialog and Save bugs fixed

Aug 28, 2019 at 3:04 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
hella! i'll check it out and give it a better review when i'm home this afternoon, then

EDIT: there's still some issues with text being cut off -

Screen Shot 2019-08-28 at 5.36.54 pm.png

...as well as 'from somewhere, a transmission...' in the hermit's lair (quote's facepic cuts it off), i'd recommend doing a <FAC0000 with stuff like this.

EDIT 2 electric boogaloo: same thing happens to the missile launcher. on the plus side, i managed to get past egg corridor and saving works in those two rooms!

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 12:30 PM
I working on fixing the bugs, but as you know, school's back up again, so It'll take longer

Sep 6, 2019 at 1:52 PM
Sprite edits and bug fixes coming soon

Sep 16, 2019 at 1:28 PM
Sprite change and dialogue fix!
Now with 75% more mimiga!

Sep 18, 2019 at 6:32 AM
Perfectionist
CS Beta Content Discord Admin
CSE Discord Moderator
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Don't remember what I wrote last time (so I might be a broken record here), but here are my notes on the new version.
-You don't need to include the manual from the original game, nor a copy of OrgView. Also including error.log and window.rect is weird.

-Ahh God dang vanilla intro.

-Interesting facepic. The ears are pretty odd.

"transmission"
-I think either this text is going off of the screen or you forgot a full stop.

"I keep my diary here" etc.
-This text has 4 lines without a <NOD, leaving the start of the text unreadable if you hold Z/X. This is bad practice, although moreso in one-time dialgoue, but no matter what it's best to avoid doing this.

"ago...."
-An ellipses is 3 dots. What's 4 meant to be?

"I'm going to need thi"
-*please check that the text fits within the textbox*

-Okay, this is a 'save at any time' item. This could be massively problematic, but let's see.

"Locked"
-Gotta remember those full stops.

"I can't save here."
-Okay, glad that's a thing... but why I can't I save in the Start Point.

"Docter"
-Okay I think you just need to proof-read more in general. We'll leave that there.

-The slopes next to Amaya's home let me glitch through them. You can't use the larger slope tile without connecting it to a smaller one, and leaving the side and bottom (or top if it's a roof tile) closed or people can glitch through them.

-The Life Capsule still has the ridiculously long <WAI on it, even though there's no music. Pisss annoyyingg.

-Okay, why are they talking during the fanfare? That totally ruins it.

"a transmiss"

-BORING. SKIIIIPPP!

-The save thing is a cool idea, but since it's just restricted to certain areas anyway it's just an extra step that gets in the way. I really think the save point system was more convenient.

-You forgot a <NOD in King's new dialgoue here. And obviously there are more typographical errors...

"Toroko wait"
-She probably didn't even hear you. Try facing the people you talk to, st00p1d m1m1g@.

-Uhh... this is basically just what happens in the original game.

-TOROKO PLEASE STOP TALKING. ;3;

"Opened the chest."
"Now I can tell where I'm going!"
-But how? How am I supposed to know waht the thing you just picked up is?

-Okay so I've gathered that this is just a "not-Cave Story" mod, so I'm stopping here.

Sep 18, 2019 at 12:15 PM
Thank you for pointing those out. I will send a proper response soon but as of late I have school so my attention is all divided.