The Labyrinth (Greek)

Apr 30, 2010 at 11:45 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Current Download

p99897-0-labyrinthpix.jpg

I decided to start a mod based off of the Greek Mythologies Labyrinth, The maze.

Archives:
-Kings map changed
-Choice to keep the string or give it to Pit
-New modified machine gun "Pistol" Trying to find out how to make the reload slower
-Working on the first area with enemies
-Made it so you can't leave the room with Pit without the String
-Two separate endings one with string one with Pit decided on of course not released yet.
-New "Poisoner" added modified bubbler
-Area with enemies finished. Sheep.
-First boss "Prized sheep"

May 1, 2010 at 12:14 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
So in this mod, everyone is human sue?!?

Guess I'll give it a download.

May 1, 2010 at 12:17 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
So in this mod, everyone is human sue?!?

Guess I'll give it a download.

You just had to spoil the bad ending (kidding)

The main character is going to stay like that but after a while and when I stop being lazy I'll probably change everyone else who's an edit of human sue (Changes blonde dude to edit of curly)

May 1, 2010 at 12:26 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
This is pretty good. It isn't the best around, but this could become a really good mod with some tweaks and improvements (and more game, of course)

A few errors in grammar (Congradulations!) but most aren't that distracting from the gameplay.

Sometimes, it felt like: "Okay a room. Okay I beat it." or something like that. That's probably because of the mod being easy.

So, yeah, I'll stick around and play the next demo once it's released.

EDIT- Oh, and there were some things where I was like "(XD) That was awesome." One of them was the portrait where the main character is underwater trying to breathe. Hard to notice, but really cool.

May 1, 2010 at 12:49 AM
Azurillkirby said:
Sometimes, it felt like: "Okay a room. Okay I beat it." or something like that. That's probably because of the mod being easy.
I greatly underestimated the general mod-playing population x] I only thought around half were used to the hardness of most mods I'll plan to make harder rooms even though I'm not that great at cave story myself..
Azurillkirby said:
EDIT- Oh, and there were some things where I was like "(XD) That was awesome." One of them was the portrait where the main character is underwater trying to breathe. Hard to notice, but really cool.
Thanks I just thought that when
the main character hits one of the unlucky doors it would be funny to havea drowning portrait to go along with the "No! Noooo!"

May 1, 2010 at 12:54 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
WhosTony said:
I greatly underestimated the general mod-playing population x] I only thought around half were used to the hardness of most mods I'll plan to make harder rooms even though I'm not that great at cave story myself..

Thanks I just thought that when
the main character hits one of the unlucky doors it would be funny to havea drowning portrait to go along with the "No! Noooo!"

Wait, why does he still have the portrait when he says:

"Finally" or something like that when he enters the correct door?

May 1, 2010 at 12:59 AM
Azurillkirby said:
Wait, why does he still have the portrait when he says:

"Finally" or something like that when he enters the correct door?

I didn't want to use it in just one condition :) it fits all underwater scenes right?

May 1, 2010 at 1:07 AM
WhosTony said:
I didn't want to use it in just one condition :p it fits all underwater scenes right?

Mm... yeah you have a point.

Oh, and one other thing I forgot to point out about this.
This is a good mod in the sense it's only platforming. No shooting.
I think it might be a better thing to keep it like that, it might also be a bad thing.

May 1, 2010 at 1:19 AM
Azurillkirby said:
Mm... yeah you have a point.

Oh, and one other thing I forgot to point out about this.
This is a good mod in the sense it's only platforming. No shooting.
I think it might be a better thing to keep it like that, it might also be a bad thing.
I was going to have shooting but keeping it very limited I had a spear weapon where you have 10 and only get more when for special events so that its very limited but it was buggy so I didn't include it in the first release

May 1, 2010 at 11:28 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Just played through your mod.

Not bad for a first release, but it still needs a lot of work. The first time I tried giving the wool thingy to blonde Sue she didn't take it, and sometimes the blocks didn't spawn in the Hell room.

Other than that, it was fun playing it.

May 1, 2010 at 7:40 PM
He's a guy.
I thought I fixed the spawn issues.
And my friend just told me about the string not working....
I'll check it out.

May 5, 2010 at 5:36 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Oh, finally. Somebody who knows how to place save points at appropriate places. You have no idea how many otherwise fun mods have been ruined by there not being a save point somewhere close to a very difficult area.

May 5, 2010 at 11:50 PM
Thank you I was wondering if I did exceptional with the saves.

May 11, 2010 at 11:10 PM
-Kings map changed
-Choice to keep the string or give it to Pit
-New modified machine gun "Pistol" Trying to find out how to make the reload slower
-Working on the first area with enemies
-Made it so you can't leave the room with Pit without the String
I'll release the next demo when I finished the whole of the Cyclops's territory chapter.

May 12, 2010 at 5:06 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
There's a problem with the Download link...

its either there's something wrong with my PC...or I just fail

May 12, 2010 at 6:26 PM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
WhosTony said:
Thank you I was wondering if I did exceptional with the saves.

Yeah, you did quite well with save point placement. :]

What I liked:
- Water level layout (Especially the section with the air pockets). Very, very well done, considering it's passable without the Air Tank.
- "Pick a door" puzzle. It was VERY amusing getting poofed back.
- Good application of screen flashes, sounds and fitting music.
- Bah-ram-ewe. Riding sheep? Who'da thunk it? OSM.
- Pointy world is pointy. While some of the spikes were decorative (based on placement), the rest made it an interesting journey.
- Helpful signs. While a little illogical, they were helpful.
- Tubes. The tube ride thing from the Cyclops territory was hella-fun.
- Cyclops territory tileset - Very nice.
- Moving blocks / blocked passages.
- Adorable signs.

What I didn't like:
- Music in the cyclops area doesn't loop properly.
- Some jumps are impossible to make without getting hurt. Granted you put health refillers before such jumps, but still.
- 'Pistol' still displays the information for the MG in the inventory.
- A certain arrangement of blocks in the moving block area - The 4-tiered ladder like arrangement. Passible? Yes. Difficult? Not really. Annoying? Hell yes.
- Mandatory drowning death. It's annoying waiting the 100 seconds to drown in the door puzzle. Maybe poof the player above some spikes to speed it up?

Overall, more good than bad. Keep it up!

May 13, 2010 at 2:01 AM
DragonBoots said:
What I didn't like:
- Music in the cyclops area doesn't loop properly.
- Some jumps are impossible to make without getting hurt. Granted you put health refillers before such jumps, but still.
- 'Pistol' still displays the information for the MG in the inventory.
- A certain arrangement of blocks in the moving block area - The 4-tiered ladder like arrangement. Passible? Yes. Difficult? Not really. Annoying? Hell yes.
- Mandatory drowning death. It's annoying waiting the 100 seconds to drown in the door puzzle. Maybe poof the player above some spikes to speed it up?

Overall, more good than bad. Keep it up!
Thanks and for the compliments and I'll address the issues also yes there is a problem with the download I just realized I was deleting them and re-uploading to and forth for my laptop I'll fix it in the next release.
Some of the jumps aren't impossible just hard it get's easy when you know how to make the 2 at first I was going to make them impossible but I decided to leave them at hard in case you don't get all the heart capsules The 4 tier area annoys me as well I just thought everyone was better than me in that kind of jump :p I'll add some side tiles. The mandatory drowning I'll fix by making some steps up to some spikes.

May 13, 2010 at 3:24 AM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
WhosTony said:
Thanks and for the compliments and I'll address the issues also yes there is a problem with the download I just realized I was deleting them and re-uploading to and forth for my laptop I'll fix it in the next release.
Some of the jumps aren't impossible just hard it get's easy when you know how to make the 2 at first I was going to make them impossible but I decided to leave them at hard in case you don't get all the heart capsules The 4 tier area annoys me as well I just thought everyone was better than me in that kind of jump :p I'll add some side tiles. The mandatory drowning I'll fix by making some steps up to some spikes.

Wahoo! Upgrade!
It goes from Mandatory Drowning to Mandatory Suicide. XD

May 13, 2010 at 4:15 AM
UPDATE
-Two separate endings one with string one with Pit decided on of course not released yet.
-New "Poisoner" added modified bubbler
-Area with enemies finished. Sheep.
-First boss "Prized sheep"

May 13, 2010 at 10:41 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Okay so:
-Only one of the first three save points is really necessary. The camera also jumps around a lot in that first area, like right after the opening scene.
-Aaaah my own moving blocks have come back to haunt me D:
-If you give the string to Pit (and thus die) a new piece of string will appear where the old one was. Not sure why there's an option to give it to him anyway if you have to have it :/
-The water puzzle is nice, and the moving eye block room is really well-done.
-If you return the string to Pit he'll keep standing on the blocks you fall through, so if he does have more dialogue you can't see it. Also he'll act as though you took his string even if you gave it back to him and got a second.
-Sheepies! :>

Not bad so far, although the first few rooms could stand to be a bit more interesting. Also replace every "labryinth" with "labyrinth" for great justice.