The fog animation at the Balcony.

Apr 11, 2013 at 4:24 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I read somewhere on "thespritersresource" that there may be a specific config file that activates the fog animation in the background of the Balcony and the dark moon one that's located with Kazuma's dragon (forgot the actual name of the map).
If there's a .gif of it or something or some way I could extract it with Cave Editor that'd be nice, since I'm still a newbie at Cave Editor and all.

NOTE / EDIT: I plan to use it for animation, not actually modding the game.

Apr 11, 2013 at 4:39 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Oh that
Actually it doesn't matter which image you use for the animation. It all depends on the background animation settings you choose for the map you're editing.
(This can be illustrated by replacing the background in Balcony or Outer Wall with a different one and playing the game)
If you need more of an explanation I can tell you more, I just don't know how deeply you've gotten into modding yet.

Apr 11, 2013 at 4:57 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
MagicDoors said:
Oh that
Actually it doesn't matter which image you use for the animation. It all depends on the background animation settings you choose for the map you're editing.
(This can be illustrated by replacing the background in Balcony or Outer Wall with a different one and playing the game)
If you need more of an explanation I can tell you more, I just don't know how deeply you've gotten into modding yet.
I don't really plan to use it for modding, more or less just animating sprites in Flash. I should've mentioned that in my earlier post, sorry 'bout that.

So if there's a direct way I can export it it into a .gif or maybe into individual frames that'd be great, but I'm not sure if Cave Editor gives you that option or if there's a certain code for that background I can copy and paste into my favorite pixel editor.

Apr 11, 2013 at 5:05 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
it's just a parallax scroll, each layer moves left at twice the speed of the one above it
No editor lets you export the background image scroll as a gif because what why would that even be an option
just look at the image file in the data folder it should be fairly apparent how it works

Apr 12, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
If you are using flash then scrolling it yourself would be more efficient than using a gif.

Apr 12, 2013 at 7:25 AM
Been here way too long...
You'll have to animate it yourself, since the parallax scrolling is done by doukutsu.exe and no one has written a program that replicates the effect in .gif form. The background is just a still image sliced into 4 strips that move at different speeds, which doesn't sound too hard for you to do.