The first two crown holders.

Sep 20, 2012 at 9:50 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Who (or what) were they??
The Halda looks like a alien Mewtwo thing.
The Annachponae looks like a undead crocodile.

What did they do(or try to do) Take over the planet? Seek revenge on someone? Demand riches from the surface?

Sep 21, 2012 at 2:41 AM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I want to talk about this, but...

Anyone can get a screenshot of their statues, especially in double res? If no one does it by like, tomorrow, I'll grab a screen myself from CS+, it would aid the discussion a bit more.

I have no idea what's up with Halda and Annachponae, but that's why I love it. We know a bit about Miakid and a lot about Date, but not those first two. I think it makes for a great deal of speculative fiction. And I like the implication that the Cave Story universe beyond the caves (the surface) is probably a mish-mash of a ton of different races, because Halda/Annachponae don't seem to be human.

So... is it just me, or does Halda totally seem like a female, and the only female crown bearer? Halda is a feminine name, but I notice that everyone in the fandom as well as the CS wiki refers to Halda with male pronouns. Also, I have no idea if it has any significance, but it literally means "to hold/bear" in old Norse... As in, holding/bearing the crown. That's only kind of sort of fucking awesome.

I have no idea at all about Annachponae. The CS Wiki actually has a solid paragraph on him (it?) but it looks... made up.

EDIT:
p157779-0-1424.png

Yeah, Halda and Annachponae look like two completely different species to what we've seen in the CS universe. And Halda totally has a feminine build, so I'm sticking to my guns unless WoG says otherwise.

EDIT #2: Wait... Halda's tail and hands look an awful lot like enraged Misery. If her (his?) face was different, I'd be flipping out right about now. New absolutely baseless theory for discussion: Halda's male, was Jenka's husband and is Misery's father. Boom.

EDIT #3: INTERSPECIES SEXING/BABYMAKING YES??? Yeah I'll shut up now.

Sep 21, 2012 at 4:54 AM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
How was Jenka able to have sex with another species?

Sep 21, 2012 at 10:27 AM
^ +1, flawless response.

Sep 21, 2012 at 9:05 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Different species doesn't disallow offspring, it just means that the offspring won't (typically) be fertile. example: mules.

Sep 21, 2012 at 11:26 PM
"..."
My video response notwithstanding though, I don't believe Halda had anything to do with Misery at all, apart from her transformation that is.

Let's say the Crown bearer is the Avatar like the TLA or LoK, when the crown's power goes full on their mind get infused together.
The Doctor infused Misery with Halda, which is why she had a striking resemblance to the first bearer.

Or maybe it may just be that Halda dominate the crown and is a really powerful demon who took over the Doctor and turned him into superman.

Sep 22, 2012 at 3:44 AM
Different species doesn't disallow offspring, it just means that the offspring won't (typically) be fertile. example: mules.

Yeah, you're right. I didn't consider it that way.

Sep 22, 2012 at 5:47 AM
EDIT #2: Wait... Halda's tail and hands look an awful lot like enraged Misery. If her (his?) face was different, I'd be flipping out right about now. New absolutely baseless theory for discussion: Halda's male, was Jenka's husband and is Misery's father. Boom.
Different bassless theory: the Crown made Misery look like Halda on purpose, for reasons we don't know because we don't know what kind of relationship Misery and Halda had.

(not that kind of relationship, Dinny)

Sep 22, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Different bassless theory: the Crown made Misery look like Halda on purpose, for reasons we don't know because we don't know what kind of relationship Misery and Halda had.

(not that kind of relationship, Dinny)

My perception of Misery's interactions with the crown bearers has been ruined forever after someone pointed out to me that they could technically make her do anything, and that at the very least three of the four were male.

(Misery isn't the relationshippy type, I don't think!)

Sep 22, 2012 at 12:10 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Helda looks like a bit like a fox and Annachponae like a krokodile i think.
and maybe they were the crown holders together, why didn't think anyone this?
(And a bit crazy: why is there only the place for 4 people/things?)

Sep 22, 2012 at 1:11 PM
Helda looks like a bit like a fox and Annachponae like a krokodile i think.
and maybe they were the crown holders together, why didn't think anyone this?

It makes me wonder if Annachponae is related to the sand crocs somehow.

While it's not impossible, do you really think someone power-hungry would be willing to share their power? :p

Sep 22, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Numahachi has to expand the statue chamber every time there's a new crown bearer. It's a tough line of work, he only gets employment once a decade :droll:

Sep 22, 2012 at 3:10 PM
I always liked to think that the crown bearers ascended in jerkiness. So Halda would have been the least jerky, and may have used their ridiculous powers for good/neutral.

Sep 22, 2012 at 6:43 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Maybe pixel was trying to symbolize evolution.
From WTF is this???(Halda) to a funny looking man(Miakid) to regular looking person(The Doctor)

Sep 22, 2012 at 11:51 PM
"..."
I remember somewhere people said that Pixel based them off his pets and his dad.
But I don't think somebody would have a pet crocodile and ape.

Sep 23, 2012 at 1:05 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Haha! I was about to say. But anyways why would that guy carve them into statues, and what and how did they affect the island, and the village?

Sep 23, 2012 at 2:49 AM
I remember somewhere people said that Pixel based them off his pets and his dad.
But I don't think somebody would have a pet crocodile and ape.

Oh what, that actually makes perfect sense.

Halda = A cat

Annachponae = lizard/reptile sorta pet

Miakid = Huge dude!

Sep 23, 2012 at 3:55 AM
"..."
I actually thinks Miakid is based off an ape and the Doctor is Pixel's dad.

Now that I think again maybe Miakid is based off Pixel's uncle.

Sep 23, 2012 at 8:50 PM
The Theories section is for headcanon, not dumb things like reality. More theories, kids.