The Docter Lives!?

Dec 4, 2011 at 8:34 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Ohay. I'm new here,and I just thought of this.
''The Doctor's still alive...!''
Remember when he tells you about how his body was destroyed,
but he was still able to exist by the sheer power of the Red Crystal? Well,
after you beat him The Core is destroyed,the island collapses, and :muscledoc:?
well,I think that when the island finally crashed the Red Crystal survived,causing the doctor to live within the crystal before finding a host,(a Mimiga?) and taking over that body. Now,think about it. The Red Crystal is
freakin godsend,nothing breaks it if you shoot it,so it should be able to be fine.

OR perhaps the doctor's spirit resides in the crystal,and patiently waits in the darkest corner of the island for a host so he may gain vengeance on Quote and the others...

Do I have a screw lose thinking this? Maybe The Crystal was destroyed and I didn't see it? I dunno. What do YOU think?

Dec 4, 2011 at 8:46 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
1. By making an account and posting, we will assume that you have beaten Cave Story fully, and are at least 13 or have an equivalent maturity level. There will be unmarked spoilers regarding the game and, in some sections, swearing.
You broke a rool.

Dec 4, 2011 at 8:49 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
dunc what the christ are you on about

Dec 4, 2011 at 8:56 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Dunc2403 said:
If that happened he hasn't beaten Cave Story fully. He has beaten it, but not fully. But this is pointless.

I completed Cave Story with the Bad Ending and Normal Ending,and I watched the best end on Youtube. I miss details sometimes,however when you enter that hut the island is still collapsing,yes? after getting through The Sacred Grounds and winning you get saved by Balrog. But the island still collapses,right?
you destroyed The Core-meaning the island is falling. Am I correct?

Dec 4, 2011 at 9:01 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Nope. Ballos's negative energy was apparently making the island fall, and the core was put in place to keep it up. When you destroy the Core, the island begins to fall. When you kill Ballos, his negative energy goes away. Or maybe I just made a mental boo-boo and that's not it at all.

Dec 4, 2011 at 10:00 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
So maybe we can just pretend this is a normal-ending theory
problem solved

Dec 4, 2011 at 10:58 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I think the doctor lives because of the great power of the crown,
and the crown still exists because ballos is alive
and you should play Lost lands if you haven't yet :muscledoc:

Dec 5, 2011 at 5:53 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
L Lawliet said:
Ohay. I'm new here
YOU PERVERT!

Dunc2403 said:
However, I believe that the Red Crystal was powers by Ballos indirectly.
How was it powered by Ballos? It was an extract from the red flowers which the doctor concentrated into a crystal? I kinda got the impression that the doc was made permanently dead after you killed him the third time - in the very least, I doubt he'd ever be heard from again even when going by the normal ending.

Dec 5, 2011 at 6:52 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Feldire's right, Dunc you're not making any sense. Why would the Red Flowers' power be affected by Ballos' existence? They're simply the flora of the island, the wizard's life force (while loosely connected to the island's attachment to gravity) has nothing to do with what chemicals are within the flowers, and by extension the crystal.

In regards to the first post, yes, I do suppose the doctor's essence could have survived, but I'm assuming defeating the possessed core and the cleansing of Misery and Sue indicated the doctor's final death.

Dec 5, 2011 at 1:33 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
I don't know what I meant by that either. I posted that like 12AM.
Let me start over.
I think the Red Crystal would have lost it's power when the Core was destroyed because iirc Kazuma said the enraged Mimigas would turn to normal after destroting the Core, which means it would negate the powers of the Red Flowers, and in turn, the Red Crystal.

Dec 5, 2011 at 5:51 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Felidire said:
YOU PERVERT!

...Wait,what?

N0obxD said:
and you should play Lost lands if you haven't yet :o

Lost Lands? I guess I'll give it a try...Maybe.

Dunc2403 said:
irc Kazuma said the enraged Mimigas would turn to normal after destroting the Core, which means it would negate the powers of the Red Flowers, and in turn, the Red Crystal.

Well,the Red Crystal would still have the doctor. It would lose power possibly,so the Mimiga's wouldn't be enraged but it wouldn't destroy the Red Crystal,right?

Dec 5, 2011 at 6:01 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
No, because clearly
"Does who die DISAPPEAR"

Dec 5, 2011 at 7:03 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Mmmm (I should probably rewrite the following into something more legible)

I figured the Red Crystal was used up after transforming Enraged Sue into her form. It had already saved the Doctor by turning him into the Red Mist, so unless it has unlimited uses; I would imagine the Crystal is gone now.

[On the off chance, that the crystal comes back to life after the Doctor and Sue are defeated, then... Well...]

On Ballos and the Red Flowers (Crystal). Many old theories exist on this, and how they are probably connected to Ballos. Also, many theories about how the Core/Ballos make the island float or fall. Use the quicklist or beg me for a lot of links ><

I think that Ballos was sealed by Jenka in that Sealed Chamber, and in that chamber are all the dead skulls and bodies of Ballos' victims. Jenka probably put them there, and they probably act as some kind of seal; the dead trying to drag Ballos to hell or something for destroying a kingdom worth of people, but since Ballos' wild magic is so powerful even the dead cannot take Ballos even if he wants to die himself. In the end though, when Quote weakens Ballos the dead seem to close in and maybe finally take Ballos. "So hot, the pain..." etc (That or Ballos or The Doctor will live yet again!)

Anyways, although Ballos is sealed; his wild magic seems to be able to leak out. The Demon Crown for instance, is probably a good example of this. It will return again even if destroyed, and again as long as Ballos lives. This probably means there is some link to Ballos' direct energy. (Unless it's like how a curse works, as long as the curser lives, it keeps happening?)

The Red Flowers, the Core and how the island floats.
What are the Red Flower's power? Gain wild strength and power at the loss of control. Sound familiar? Ballos let his magic run wild and became invincible, but he lost control of that power and cannot even die if he wants to...
I would think the Red Flowers are connected to Ballos indirectly somehow. Maybe Ballos' wild magic can leak out of the Seal Chamber like radiation.

If the island is under constant threat of Ballos' radiation, shouldn't the island be completely infested and wild? Well, no; not exactly. The Core.

The Core is said to make the island float. It starts falling when destroyed as well. But, the island stops falling when Ballos is destroyed; and Curly says it might be because of the wild/negative energy of Ballos.

I think the radiation is absorbed or fed upon by the Core. It is able to naturally stop Ballos' energy from wreaking havoc on the island. When the big Core is destroyed the energy is free to shake the island and send it plummeting to the ground. It probably would become like a virus and spread into the earth if it were to crash...

On the island's floating and the Core...
Does it make the island actually float? Or is there something else? (If you take Booster, Kazuma, Misery's word for it literally, then yes. And perhaps the little cores that circle around the Big Core allow the island to float; but without the Big Core, Ballos' power is too strong and is sending the island crashing down...)

Back to the Red Flowers and their transformation.
When the Core is destroyed, Kazuma says that any Frenzied Mimigas affected by the Red Flower will return to normal. Perhaps, Ballos' energy leaks out of the Seal Chamber in raw form, but then the Core absorbs and changes this energy into something it can use.

Now is the Core the Heart of the island, and Ballos' energy the Blood that runs through it? If so, perhaps the island is connected to the Core and is sometimes infected by that wild energy, even though it should be rendered harmless by the Core. (Maybe the Demon Crown has something to do with that?)

Alternatively, the Flowers could be a creation of Jenka; if you believe she created the Core, then perhaps the Flowers also had some kind of purpose?
Connected to the Core because, the effects of the Red Flower disappear upon the Core's destruction.

NOW BACK TO THE RED CRYSTAL!

If Red Crystal is Red Flower refined, then the Crystal is probably rendered useless with the Core's destruction.

If Ballos -> wild magic -> Core -> processed magic -> Red Flowers -> Red Crystal

Then, in the best ending there is almost no hope that the crystal is intact with its power. (Still, there could be a chance that by crystalizing it, it acts independently...)

Lastly, on the Doctor and the Demon Crown.

Both, The Doctor and Ballos seem to live even after being destroyed. Assuming everything about Ballos, the wild magic and the flowers and core is true. Then like the Demon Crown, which is reborn everytime it is destroyed. And how Ballos cannot die, and even when destroyed might have been speaking "So hot... the pain...". The Doctor might still be alive, until Ballos is destroyed. However, IF there is a magical connection to the Core. If the red flower transformation disappears when the core is destroyed and the crystal is connected as well... Then I would imagine, the power of the transformations/the Doctor Red Mist himself would return to the source of the power... aka Ballos.

You could argue that at the very end, the is Doctor speaking, "So hot... the pain..." And in that case perhaps he is finally dying. OR PERHAPS THE DOCTOR IS NOW INHERITING BALLOS' WILD MAGIC (with Ballos' demise)! The Doctor will lose his sanity and gain Ballos' curse, but a terrible power might be born... Perhaps his bodiless form can even leave the Seal Chamber?

That, or he is dragged to hell along with Ballos in the end.

TL;DR version :

The Red Flowers are connected to Ballos.
The Doctor might or might not be alive!
The Red Crystal is probably destroyed though.

Dec 5, 2011 at 8:49 PM
/end
I think the doctor is the one who saved the island after you beat Ballos.

The Doctor was a good guy all along and you were just a little jerk bad robot being mean.

Dec 5, 2011 at 10:28 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
MetaSeraphim said:

The Doctor was a good guy all along and you were just a little jerk bad robot being mean.

Seems legit.

Dec 5, 2011 at 10:51 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
MetaSeraphim said:

Ahh... like the Terminator! I see now!
*Ominous Intro*
The world has suffered at the hands of the robot meance.

Killer Robots with no regard for their creators...

Ten years ago, a human hero found a way to fight them...
The Mimigas and a Legendary Crown.

With the power of the Mimiga creatures and the Crown to control them, the robots were finally being pushed back.

But, the hero was defeated by a pair of killer robots.
A ghostly pale girl with blonde hair, and the boy with the Red Hat.

"Hahaha, the humans are the bad guys!" *sound of machinegun*

With most of the population wiped out, the robots mission was accomplished and they entered sleep mode.

...But The Doctor knew it was only a matter of time before the robots would awaken...

Only The Doctor could give us a fighting chance! By befriending the treacherous Sakamoto family he made it to the forbidden island.

And at last he discovered a way to give humans a fighting chance.

"The Red Crystal works on humans ... Do you realize what this means?!"

"So hot... the pain..."
In the end, the Doctor used the last of his power to save the island, the mimigas and hope for humanity.

Farewell good Doctor... Farewell....

Dec 12, 2011 at 5:31 AM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
@X-Calibar
That sounds like something the shovel brigade would say.
By reading your lecture report essay idea, I think there are a new fact we found out.
The red flowers are Ballos's magic.
But they're the Core's product, and that means Ballos cannot control the flowers and enraged mimigas, while the Demon Crown can.

The Doctor wore the Demon Crown, AND was controlled by the Red Crystal.
That would break the cycle and allow the Red Crystal to become sentient.
Therefore the Doctor might still lives, but batshit crazy.

Jan 8, 2012 at 2:37 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I always thought that the reason why the Crown is considered powerful is because the otherwise uncontrollable Enraged Mimigas are bound to its wearer's will, like Misery is.

This would explain why the Doctor needed the Crystal to fight Quote directly.