The Community-driven Cave Story Fanfic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 25, 2019 at 6:16 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
You said no and then agreed with me?
No. I was saying, the text-adventure format is more predictable because there's only one person moving the story forward.

Sep 25, 2019 at 6:45 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
No. I was saying, the text-adventure format is more predictable because there's only one person moving the story forward.
To be fair its not too predictable based on suggestions and wether the writer decides to twist them or make things happen.
That and it makes 'suddenly' happen a lot less which is much better to me.

Sep 26, 2019 at 1:17 PM
To be fair its not too predictable based on suggestions and wether the writer decides to twist them or make things happen.
That and it makes 'suddenly' happen a lot less which is much better to me.
I still think the more chaotic "classic" system is better, because there's people not just making decisions, but there's more people (read: more than one) actually putting them into practice

Sep 26, 2019 at 2:27 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Still not a clue what you're talking about.

The phone rings out.
i think they're trying to say that the chaotic system is better because everybody involved is taking turns writing the story, rather than people suggesting things for one singular author to put into practice. i think?

Sep 26, 2019 at 4:52 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
So when you say the 'classic' system - you mean the 'everyone takes turns' system rather than 'there is a dungeon-master who hopefully cares about what's going on' system.
without some overarching plot i dont expect anyone to really be invested in the story. i guess it's fun just for everyone to add whatever random bullshit they want but that comes at the cost of coherence

the phone's still ringing! are you just gonna leave them hanging or what?

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:22 PM
So when you say the 'classic' system - you mean the 'everyone takes turns' system rather than 'there is a dungeon-master who hopefully cares about what's going on' system.
Yes. The "everyone takes turns" system is what I was talking about. I understand coherence is a problem, but it's fun for everyone to add whatever they want, like Xemous said.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2019 at 5:21 PM
I think text-adventure stories like the one you're doing should have their own threads.
Eat yourself.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2019 at 12:30 PM
somebody save this

Sep 30, 2019 at 11:17 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
You sit alone, contemplating the pros and cons of cannibalism. It's dark, and you wonder why you ever thought taking that Zero Hour Contract was ever a good idea.

Sep 30, 2019 at 3:23 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Your friend had told you that you'd ought to see a shrink, then you remember that that you killed him after he spiked your drink with LSD. Sleep deprivation seems familiar to you now, with sleep seeming like a distant memory...

Sep 30, 2019 at 4:02 PM
You open the door, and see the postman. Actually, he's the Terminator and he's staring at you forebodingly. Then you sucker-punch him repeatedly before choking him. You realise that you've just murdered the postman and you've got to go hide the body somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.