The Adventurer's Forest 3: Alternate Fantasia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2015 at 2:20 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Alright, so Dunc and I have been planning this for a lo~ong time. A long time. It's been top secret and we've spent a lot of work on it.

So finally we will begin the thrilling conclusion to the trilogy of forum games with TAF3:AF(RE:RCh2Ch3Br)R the game the forum the movie.
p102682-0-l2ehe.png

Rules
Commands from players will be dealt with in the same format. Players will post their desired action, such as "attack" or "defend". Once all or enough players have submitted their action, one of the GMs will make a post detailing what happens. This will repeat until the game is done.

There will be no shitposting and no outside responses on how much you may not like the game. If you don't like it then ignore the thread.

Information such as damage calculations and crafting items will not be shown to the players. You have to figure out the latter for yourself and deal with the former.

A maximum of five players can play the game.

You will be kicked from the game if you are absent for more than a week.

The word of the game masters - Dunc and I - is law. Any act of aggression towards the GMs will result in an immediate ban. From the forums. I have people in high up, don't think it won't happen

Story
After your encounter with the demon lord Felix, your once-comrade from decades past, you are overpowered and locked away in a cell deep underground. Security is tight, and your belongings have been taken. Your abilites and magic have been removed from you, but you each managed to retain a small amount of magic ability - enough for one weak type of spell. With this and a single lockpick at your disposal, your first mission is to escape the prison and make your way back to Felix.

Players
1. Attheshows
2. COOL
3. Silverpaw19
4. TekNerd
5. Polaris

Apr 2, 2015 at 3:01 AM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
i'll join the thing i guess

Apr 2, 2015 at 3:09 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Do I need to have read/played the past two to join this one?

Apr 2, 2015 at 3:12 AM
Professional Whatever
They're certainly quality reading material though

Apr 2, 2015 at 3:13 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Okay I'm in I guess.

Apr 2, 2015 at 3:18 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Ooooh looks interesting. I'll join in.

Apr 2, 2015 at 3:22 AM
Professional Whatever
Still have room for one more. Step right up and seal your fate.

Apr 2, 2015 at 3:27 AM
i am perfectly willing to give up my spot to whoever else wants one
having read a good amount of the previous threads i'd be perfectly fine not being in this

Apr 2, 2015 at 3:41 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I've been in for several years now. :v

I understand the ramifications of this thread being made on the 1st of April, but hey! I still like RPGs. I've had lots of fun with Apocalyptic Tower, and there's no real harm in trying to be a part of this. I think.

Apr 2, 2015 at 3:53 AM
Professional Whatever
And with that we have five merry (imprisoned) adventurers.

Before we start, you guys will have to pick your classes.

There are five different classes. Each can only be chosen once. If you want the class then speak fast because the first person gets it. No fistfights until the game begins.

Black Cat - Skills are used by consuming Soul Points, or SP. Physically attacking successfully (over 0 dmg) gives one SP. Touching a deceased figure or causing fatal harm to a beast gives two SP. Opponents killed by the party will not be able to be interacted with. Maximum SP is relative to the player's level. Negative SP can be reached, however if SP is less than -10, skills other than “attack”, “defend” or “split” cannot be used. While in negative, all SP yield is cut to one third. SP-restoring items cannot be used in this state. This is the black mage class.

Esper Bunny - Mana regenerates naturally per turn. Can not attack normally. Esper Bunnies rely on an Anarchy Scale. As they use skills from either skill set, they tip the balance of the scale in a specific direction. Skills from Accursed Tree are significantly more powerful on the left side, and weaker on the right. This is mirrored for skills from Blessed Tree. If the scale is tipped too far, damage is dealt each turn to the player. This is the white mage class.

Kitsune - Handy with potions and salves. Can learn a wide variety of recipes and use potions to support friends or assault enemies. Relies on items.

Squirrel Knight - Active skills use health to cast. Health is drained from enemies by attacking. High defense. This is the defender/warrior class.

Hello Penguin - Master of repetitive slapping. Physical attacks and magical attacks increase in power the more they are used, but using one type will reset the power of the other. Defending resets both. Starts out each fight weaker, but has a higher potential.

And a quick explanation of battle commands:
Attack - obvs.

Defend - Guard for a turn for halved damage.

Save - Guard another player from attacks, taking more damage from all sources. The saved cannot act, and the saver cannot defend. Don't put your white mage in front of your tank you shit.

Split - Either the saved or the saver can use this when being saved. Unsaves the saved player.

Run - Get the hell out of there. Works better if more players use this action.

Any questions?

Apr 2, 2015 at 4:00 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Perhaps I'll think of some later! For now, I'll be a Black Cat :3

Thinking of Esper Bunny, because that's what I usually do for everyone, and actually yeah I'd like to keep people healthy.

Apr 2, 2015 at 4:02 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I'll take Kitsune. owo

Also question about Kitsune. Besides potions and such what other items can I use? As well as what is the command to use these items?

Apr 2, 2015 at 4:04 AM
I'll go with Penguin.

Apr 2, 2015 at 4:05 AM
Professional Whatever
Kitsunes can use pretty much any item for an enhanced effect inside and out of battle (which i prob. should have mentioned, my bad), but potions are the main item type that you'll worry about for combat. You'll have a skill called throw potion that you can use to yeah.

Apr 2, 2015 at 4:07 AM
hey my friend tpcool wants to join can he take my place

Apr 2, 2015 at 4:08 AM
Professional Whatever
yes

Apr 2, 2015 at 4:19 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Esper Bunny. I've always liked black mages and fancy offensive magic, and Black Cat would probably be more satisfying, but I also like soft and friendly healing magic, and without the ability to do both (this isn't FF6, after all), I think I'll go with the role that suits my nature more.

Status
Not open for further replies.