The 2014 thread

Dec 31, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
2013 is ending soon... where will you spend it's last hours? At parties or home with your family/friends? What are your plans for the next year?

Best wishes for 2014 everyone :)

Dec 31, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Melon Lord
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Personally, we're gonna spend it with my Uncle's Family. Least from what I heard. Usually we get Steaks, Tacos, Beans, Mashed Potatoes...massive feast. Red Velvet Cheesecake is the best.

Dec 31, 2013 at 5:29 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Currently on the fence about who to spend it with. I'm sure it'll be fun,either way.

I'm pretty excited about 2014. This month has been great and I'm optimistic that things can only get better. I'll have a few opportunities to trAvel this year, which I am really excited for. I also may bite the bullet and attend college in fall. Not sure yet though. I'll also be 21 one, meaning I'll be a "full adult" and be able to do things I normally couldn't (not just drinking, mind you.) But yeah overall, I'm really looking forward to what happiness this year could potentially hold :3

Dec 31, 2013 at 5:33 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
With my family at home.

Time goes by so fast anymore, it's like I found this place almost a year ago now....

My plans for next year are...

#1 Finish Sue's Story

#2 Start on that other mod.

#3 Learn C++

#4 Master ASM (make a fully functional boss)

#5 Get my drivers permit

#6 Get my drivers licence

#7 Do more with my Youtube channel

#8 Get closer to God

#9 Spend less time on the computer, but get more done.

#10 look back on the past year and reflect on where I am, where I was, and who I have become over the past cycle of the earth around our star.

Dec 31, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
I'm going to be at a boring party, I'm afraid. Not terribly exciting... :droll:

I guess I'll be checking back on the Well when I can, but really, everyone's going to be out doing stuff. :p I don't think anyone will post anything with substance. So maybe I'll just relax. ^_^

As for 2014, though, I'm quite optimistic. I've learned so much this year, it's kind of odd to look back on. I think next year will be more of the same, with some new things ingrained. But the same is looking to be quite nice now...:3

Dec 31, 2013 at 9:59 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I'll be on my laptop the entire day, in my room. I'd really hate to belittle the day, but it's not as if this occasion is going to present anything exciting. Every New Years appears to be congruent compared to the last, all we do is watch fire-works on a television. A year ago we watched fire-works outside, but to our dismay a tree obstructed most of them. I have something to work on, at least. I'm nearing completion with NES Remix, a collection of challenges set onto small portions of NES games. I'd explain how frustrating Clu Clu Land is, but I'll leave that unsaid.

On a side note, I've made many decisions this year. Decisions on the topic of grammar. I've come to the conclusion that an ellipsis isn't conclusive, question marks and exclamation points can not be in pairs, two dashes represents a break, and that commas can occur before and.

Jan 1, 2014 at 12:34 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
About 90 minutes in the year 2014 over here, but before that happened:
I lit some small end fireworks, nothing big but i was kinda panicking it up when one of those spinning flowers suddenly zipped everywhere and blew up near my fireworks stash. The plastic packaging around it melted, that's how close it was to exploding in my face. Still have about a fistfull of sparklers left.

Then we read some tarot cards with my family for our imminent future: I got Overflowing(now), Daughter of wands(3 months from now) and Love(6 months).
It was only after i took the cards i learned there was a significant difference whenever you picked them upside-down or not. Ah well.

Then we played Monopoly untill the countdown came on television, good timing too as my brother was about to go bankrupt with me in second-last place.

Hope you guys have fun, too.

Jan 1, 2014 at 2:08 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Polaris said:
I guess I'll be checking back on the Well when I can, but really, everyone's going to be out doing stuff. :p I don't think anyone will post anything with substance. So maybe I'll just relax. ^_^
ur fuckin on m8, im gonna be at a boring party with wifi

Jan 1, 2014 at 2:17 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Yeah I was totally wrong. :D

I'm working on them right now. So far, everything's better than expected...

Jan 1, 2014 at 2:55 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
So far my New Years has consisted of my friends and I wearing robes and reading tarot cards, enjoying dank kush, playing Cards against humanity, and playing dungeons and dragons. It can only get better from here.

Jan 1, 2014 at 6:19 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Sit in a corner of my bed doodling, animating, checking the forums, maybe play a game or 2..pretty much everything I do on a regular basis.

Jan 1, 2014 at 8:05 AM
Melon Lord
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Happy New Year from Rialto California everyone. Huge fireworks caused car alarms here to go off. Wonderful.

Let's hope 2014 is a good year for us and the world.

Jan 2, 2014 at 9:02 AM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Went to a New Year's party hosted by a friends's family, played Pokemon Emerald some more (which is turning out to be great so far), and argue with Sable over whether character development should be prioritized in a game as opposed to gameplay. The usual, I guess.

Jan 2, 2014 at 9:09 PM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I was sick and running on two hours of sleep, so I stayed up just until midnight and then knocked out for the next 14 hours. I don't have much planned for this year, other than it finally being my "get my shit together" year.

Maybe another cavecon? :D

Jan 3, 2014 at 1:27 AM
"Huzzah!"
I did nothing for New Years. Just played some games for hours on end, which is something I haven't done in a very long time. In this year of 2014, I hope to make some big progress on my indie game, and I've also got plans to remix more k-pop music under the name K-PawUp with the goal of getting hired at a company called Areia Creations Global Entertainment. With those goals, all of 2014 is booked solid for me. I will not have a day of boredom, just a lot of days of frustration. :p

Jan 3, 2014 at 1:54 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Listened to a concert with my family and family friends, then went to this friend's party where I was sober but did random stuff like pretending his dog is a BMW and drifting with it and creating disgusting coctails. Also, saying: "Hey, I found this recipe on the internet, it's really good" makes you sound legitimate as hell. Almost as legitimate as: "Well I read it somewhere." But NEVER say that you saw it on TV.

Jan 3, 2014 at 2:20 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Yakkers said:
Maybe another Cavecon? :D
I'm sure that would be pretty awesome for all of you. ^_^

Time will tell!

Jan 4, 2014 at 10:28 AM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I didn't have any celebrations for New Year. As for this year, I'm not used to making achievements, so I'm not really looking forward to anything. One of the biggest achievements of my life doesn't even work properly. I just want to sleep, revise my hifz which was completed last year, try to survive around the horrific blob of pure evil in my house, the usual. I'm good in academics, but I've heard 9th grade is really serious, so I'm going to have to study and learn how to make my reduced computer time more efficient. Not really something I'm looking forward to. And I really wish I didn't have to learn how to ride a bicycle, practicing it is so hard.

I'm glad to see all of you in good health, though. Bye!

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:42 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
As of this week I have started my first real new job, which is going to run through to the end of May and therefore take up almost all of my working day time. I'll be around, but probably not when many others are (what else is new?).