Terri's Night Out (0.22) Minor bug fixed!

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by TLinkan, May 19, 2016.

Old topic!
The last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.
  1. Jun 20, 2016
    naufragiat
    "Fresh from the Bakery"
  2. Jun 20, 2016
    TLinkan
    Totally not using an NSFW picture
    "Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
    Holy crap, I didn't think that would be exploited! Now everybody knows I'm a Toby Fox wannabe!
    I'll fix that when I can use my laptop again.

3. Jul 30, 2016
    TLinkan
    I apologize for the double post, but I do feel I should probably update you guys on some things.

The second part of the mod is still being worked on. It really feels like I haven't been doing much, because of Modcon 2016, and currently, I have all these graphics I have to make for a room that takes place before the next level, and I am not as good with making graphics as people say I am.

Hopefully the next part will be up by the end of August, if not, it'll have to be up on September. Thank you guys for waiting. Have a cat slime for now.
    [​IMG]
    Soon will be the time to fuck shit up again...

4. Jul 30, 2016
    Doors
    Professional Whatever
    "Life begins and ends with Nu."
    That's fucking adorable.

5. Sep 24, 2016
    TLinkan
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  6. Sep 24, 2016
    SuperJaws100
    Life is effort and I'll stop when I die!
    "In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
    I really liked this mod as usual, although the plot was a bit all over the place and confusing sometimes. All in all though, a ten out of ten in my book... the art, music, bosses, and level design are all enough for that.

7. Sep 24, 2016
    TLinkan
    Thanks, Jaws! :) The plot will all come together later on in the mod, if I manage to release a third demo, of course!

8. Sep 27, 2016
    TLinkan
    So um, I think I messed up on something. I thought I put the fixed bugs from the beta testing in the released version that I released on Saturday, I'm checking if they're gone now after moving the Stage data folder from the development version to the released version.

EDIT: Okay, the second demo has been fixed! Hopefully there aren't anymore errors that I have to fix! *sweats profusely*

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  9. Sep 28, 2016
    X-Calibar
    gigantic immortal cat
    "Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
    Terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrri, please don't be gone for another couple of years D:
    Staying trapped in the sewers all that time with Riku isn't good for you

Anyway, nice demo 2! I'm curious to see where her adventure "date" will take her...

You put together a lot of good elements: well chosen/transposed music, new SFX, graphics, bosses...
    Wild story though! I have no idea where it will go. But, I guess all I need to know is that when things get crazy... @TimeToFuckShitUp!
    Really enjoyed the occasional references btw.

Mmm...
    I like the new bosses, though they could use another element to add that extra edge of difficulty. Like spawning slimes in addition to the big boss' attack. To keep you on your toes! (An epic appearance btw.)

.... and Dark Terri caught me off guard with that first charge! But afterwards it was pretty straightforward, especially since Terri has the Dark Fireball. Just hop and spam. (Though you could just be showing us how different Terri is compared to what Dark Terri had prepared for...)

Loved the many different Terri(??) portraits.

Other than that let's see...
    I liked having the party and the icon for the party members in the inventory ;) Wished I could talk to them by clicking on it. Also went back to Riku's house to see if I could trigger something with her in the party, but nope...
    Oh and the mario pipe animation was amusing. lol nice.

There might have been two grammar issues I noticed but will have to replay it again sometime to make note of them. Other than that no apparent bugs.

Best save point in a game btw.
    Hope to see more!

10. Sep 29, 2016
    TLinkan
    I'm glad you've enjoyed it so far! ^.^ On the subject of save points, I've actually been meaning to put more stuff in the demo after the boss battle, including a save point after that boss, but the sewer level already became a lot for me to work on...

For right now, I don't really have a set date on when the next demo will come, meaning there will finally be a demo where the last save won't be before a boss! :D

EDIT:
    I will take your advice and consider putting in a couple more obstacles to make the bosses harder (despite Dark Terri being meant to be a pushover boss)!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  11. Oct 15, 2016
    TLinkan
    There was an oversight in the Sewer Boss room with one of the flags, so I fixed it and updated the download links.

Thank you Doors, for watching out for me! ^w^
    [​IMG]

12. Jan 9, 2017
    TLinkan
    So... it's been a while since the previous update, has it?

The next demo for Terri's Night Out probably won't be coming for a few months, because graphics and ORGs are a couple weak points that I have, and it usually takes a long time for me to work on those for the mod.

That being said, it'll probably come out sometime in April or May, I'll try to release sometime in either month, and it will be a much longer mod when it does come out. For the time being, have the next color change for the title and a few non-spoiler graphics for the mod so far.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Oh yeah, and the Final Level prequel is still being worked on. It's not being worked on as much though, because of TNO, sowwy.
    [​IMG]
    Judith loves to stare at that vase, don't judge her.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017