Ten Bloody Years

Aug 24, 2016 at 2:30 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
As for questions... any long departed forum members you miss in particular?
The members from way back when I first joined (Chaddykins, Osmose, Shmitz, SeriousFace etc) I always thought were pretty chill and sensible, which really helped the tribute site find it legs. Beyond that, in order for someone to feel long-departed for me it really has to be someone old who doesn't still pop up occasionally, i.e. usually very obscure now. I could say Atravir and Lyger, they both seemed like really good contributors I unfortunately never got to know that well. Or slightly more recently there were WhosTony and Uncy Dave. Lowell was turning out to pretty decent too by the time he poof'd. Oh and Kaeso, there's no way he'll ever show up again

Anyways, what is your favourite forum meme of all time
I really haven't been able to think of any one, we have so many now and they're all extremely dank

Is there anything about Miraigamer in general that you would have liked to stay on with the Cave Story portion?
I always liked the idea behind GameFlaws, especially if it had a focus on solving and improving, although it would really need a sizable community to work properly (at which point preventing it from becoming toxic would become increasingly difficult). Hope those Zelda guys can finally finish their thingy one day as well.

(Response to Jaws will come soon)

Aug 28, 2016 at 1:01 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Have you noticed the repeated, identical development in maturity of the average CSTSF member from the time they arrive onward? And if so, can you try and make exact sense of the stages and events that members go through after they join? I'm trying to make sense of it, because I am definitely noticing a pattern, but I'm guessing someone with more history on the site can describe it better.
It depends on what they're like when they join, even if we do get a lot of members going through their developmental years. Usually I would say there's a somewhat shaky period near the start, then they get a feel for the forum culture and how things are run, then more or less gradually keep maturing or plateau as time goes on. (Then possibly eventually lose interest (or go slightly mad).) This isn't really that different from any other forum though, aside from the fact that we're run better than a lot of them of course :awesomeface: Personal issues can make a difference as well, albeit it more on an attitude side than an outright maturity one. How they're perceived by the rest of the community follows a similar pattern, although older members are more likely to become more accepted over time regardless.

On that note, I don't know how many people come here as their first community/one of their first or have some prior experience. I've been 'used' to joining new forums for years which helps me a lot, at least.