Team to help release sequel to Jenka's Nightmare

Aug 17, 2015 at 1:00 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Hiya guys! I've played all the mods I can think of to Cave story. Yes even finished King: Strife and Sacrifice. (God that game is hard). Anyway I've decided I want to make my own. I'm not great at coding but do develop my own music in my free time. I've been working on a script and I'll give the gist of it here. Don't want to spoil too much though. My idea is using Misery's staff. Say she may have still been a little upset after the events of Jenka's nightmare.... Upset with herself, her mother and the island Misery has either left the island/ or locked her self up not to be seen. Her staff is left where the last battle takes place in cave story (last battle not being in the seal chamber, rather where the doctor possessed her and Sue). The staff, after eons of use has grown a mind of its own. It only gets stranger when old faces begin to appear...

I do intend on adding new characters to spice the game up a bit. The playable character won't be Quote however. It's a new character, to be shared with the team. I'm bringing old characters back from King: Strife and Sacrifice to add to the story as well. Hush, hush.

Anyways I'll need the following help:
(the more the merrier!)

Artists
People with experience using Cave Editor ( or any other cave story modding tool)
Musicians ( I can make music but I'd like help so most music is original!)
Animators
Pre-readers ( give feed back on overall plot)
Scripters ( Help with modifying script to insure game quality)
... and anyone else who would like to help!

I'll leave a link of a little song I remixed recently. You might know it.... https://soundcloud.com/stormriderfim4/torokos-theme-orchestration

Aug 17, 2015 at 1:15 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
That's exactly why I'm assembling a team. A group of people with different talents can come together and make something spectacular.

Aug 17, 2015 at 1:15 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
i, as the original creator of jenka's nightmare, refute your right to create anything stemming from my original content

Aug 17, 2015 at 1:21 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
It's nothing to do with Jenka's nightmare, or any storyline based upon Jenka's Nightmare. It's a separate storyline that is not caused by any events from Jenka's Nightmare.

Aug 17, 2015 at 1:27 AM
Banned
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
p204890-0-af86d75642.png

p204890-1-762b3cc669.png
p204890-2-200459f125.png

p204890-3-00c6e33dd7.png

p204890-4-200s.gif

Aug 17, 2015 at 1:29 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
The story simply takes place after Jenka's Nightmare. To clarify, the events of Jenka's nightmare will have no affect on the plot of the story. The placement in time is to make clear for others.

Aug 17, 2015 at 1:35 AM
Banned
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Aug 17, 2015 at 1:35 AM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Dude. No. We do not need a sequel. Not many people will help you unless you show that you actually know what you're dealing with. Learn how to mod Cave Story. It's simple, unless you delve into ASM, but it isn't nessecarialy needed to make a good mod. If you show potential and use that potential, you're plea for help could be answered. Also teams of people making mods usually fail, so it's not that good of an idea to do that.

Aug 17, 2015 at 1:37 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
yea got that the first time you said that... For anyone who still cares let me know! I want this to be for everyone not just for myself. ( I don't want someone to make the mod for me. I want to work with others so the mod can be the best it can possibly be.)

Aug 17, 2015 at 1:37 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Aug 17, 2015 at 1:38 AM
Professional Whatever
ok enough shitposting on my side here is a very important post for the development of the you
don't do this. you may want to do this but do not. make a mod by yourself - make it shitty. learn everything about modding and use your shittiness to stop being shitty. when you've learned more about the modding then you can ascend to a higher plane of being good at everything
you can do it i believe in you

Aug 17, 2015 at 1:55 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I'll do my best I guess.

Aug 17, 2015 at 2:57 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
It's one of the unwritten rules about this place. Most new modders talk big, overcommit, realise the level of work involved, and then don't even bother starting. Anyone that commits anything to said non-existent mods are left feeling like they've wasted their time. Given that over half of all mods never get started you should by this point understand why no-one will want to collaborate with you unless you have first produced something.

Start small and work your way up.

Aug 17, 2015 at 3:29 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
alrighty I get it. I'll work on getting the gist of making the mod and make it myself. No proof to back my name, that makes sense now that I think about it. People can be skeptical can't they. Allons-y!

Aug 17, 2015 at 3:30 AM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
All of that being said, as per usual dunc has managed to make the community sound abrasive and rude.

He did say "collaboration" to start with. Several times in his post. He never said "I have a mod request". He verily implied that he wanted to be a major contributor to the project.

Now that THAT'S been said, I'd like to say, I made a similar mistake when I started modding. I gave pretty much everyone on the forum shit because I asked for help with a project I hadn't barely started yet (namely, Doctor Who Story, which I have plans to re-do at some point in the future). My suggestion is to try and release your own mod first. A mini-mod or partial edit, not a full project. I've been modding for about 6-8 months now and I'm STILL not ready for a full project, despite numerous attempts.

ALL OF THAT being said, I will gladly provide beta testing services and I will also gladly make any ORGs you need. For me, ORGmaking is a pass-time, not a chore. So if you don't finish the mod, it won't be "wasted time" to me, as long as the product turns out well. I will not, however, do any TSC or plotline work myself. This mod should be AT LEAST 80% you and maybe 20% everyone else.

But once again, make a mini-mod or partial edit FIRST please.
Aeternum said:
alrighty I get it. I'll work on getting the gist of making the mod and make it myself. No proof to back my name, that makes sense now that I think about it. People can be skeptical can't they. Allons-y!
Any you literally just made my day with that last little sentence there.

Aug 17, 2015 at 3:32 AM
War criminal
SuperJaws100 said:
All of that being said, as per usual dunc has managed to make the community sound abrasive and rude.
Stating this only makes the community look more like so than you think it does.

Aug 17, 2015 at 3:36 AM
Professional Whatever
no jaws we know what he was saying
our stance is not different

Aug 17, 2015 at 3:59 AM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
TLincoln said:
Stating this only makes the community look more like so than you think it does.
Sure, it may, but think on this:

Dunc's original post plainly stated, "Nobody is going to make your mod for you." The obvious response from anyone not experienced with the community is going to be confusion. The original poster probably thought to himself, "Well that's not what I meant. I wanted a collaboration. Let me explain..." And that's exactly what happened.

That's exactly why I'm assembling a team. A group of people with different talents can come together and make something spectacular.
Dunc's next post, surely, was to explain what he meant by that post. To explain that he wasn't really referring to the thread as a request for a mod, rather that nobody wants to collaborate on a mod that hasn't been started yet.

But wait! Dunc's next post was yet ANOTHER useless post! He still didn't explain!

I have highlighted the important parts of your post, to help the OP understand
He wasn't helping the OP understand at all! That's four posts made, and dunc still didn't really explain himself. I had to do that. And out of those four, only one would have been necessary if the post had been accompanied by an explanation. It's a waste of the OP's time, it's a waste of dunc's time, and it's a waste of space in the thread.

Please, people. By all means, dump the shit. Pile it right on. But explain it afterwards, as I did.

Aug 17, 2015 at 4:03 AM
beep boop
I've been on this forum for exactly a year now, and I can confirm what Jaws said. Ambition can be a backstabber.