Team Fortress 2 Cave Story Pack

Oct 25, 2011 at 12:42 AM
A old relic from older days
"..."
It bothers me a little that the strong-red hue of the hat is inconsistent with the more creamy red on his pants/found on most RED team members. It's wise to try and match the game's pre-existing aesthetics as much as possible, within reason of the scope of the project. Also, maybe it's just the angle, but the polar star looks a liiiittle big.

Otherwise, it's lookin' pretty awesome. Keep it up!

Oct 25, 2011 at 5:18 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Cripplechair said:
It bothers me a little that the strong-red hue of the hat is inconsistent with the more creamy red on his pants/found on most RED team members. It's wise to try and match the game's pre-existing aesthetics as much as possible, within reason of the scope of the project. Also, maybe it's just the angle, but the polar star looks a liiiittle big.

Otherwise, it's lookin' pretty awesome. Keep it up!

I gotta agree with this.
One of the problems I see with the polar star model is that face that you're using both team colors on one weapon, which is a big no-no according to the Valve guide to creating weapons D:

Oct 27, 2011 at 4:30 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
cultr1 said:
I gotta agree with this.
One of the problems I see with the polar star model is that face that you're using both team colors on one weapon, which is a big no-no according to the Valve guide to creating weapons D:

As mentioned before, Jalcober is going to re-do the texture for the Polar Star. And I'll pass the info off to the guys about the colors.

Nov 2, 2011 at 5:31 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Oh man a lot has happened recently:

1) Jalcober has redone the Polar Star completely, and it looks amazing.
p138321-0-vzvuk.png

diph.php

2) NICALIS RESPONDED

NIcalis said:
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd305/zombieplasticclock/MachineGun.png[/IMG]

It even has custom animations! It'll be a primary (NOT Shotgun!) weapon for Scout

Nov 2, 2011 at 6:25 AM
Been here way too long...
A machine gun? For the Scount? This is what I have been wishing for! Fuck accuracy! I don't know if a machine gun already exists for him, so maybe I sound stupid right now.

Also hopefully CS+ beta testers will get the guns anyway.

Nov 2, 2011 at 4:29 PM
Captain Fabulous said:
A machine gun? For the Scount? This is what I have been wishing for! Fuck accuracy! I don't know if a machine gun already exists for him, so maybe I sound stupid right now.

Also hopefully CS+ beta testers will get the guns anyway.

No, there isn't a Machine Gun for Scout, although he was planned to have one when TF2 was in development. I'm sure it wont be terribly hard to implement.

CS+ Beta testers? You saying you're beta testing the Steam Cave Story?

Nov 2, 2011 at 7:08 PM
Been here way too long...
Yup, we'll have beaten it several times before it comes out. All the magic is ruined! Huzzah!
Just yesterday I was wishing the Scout had a machine gun, because I'd really be able to do some damage like that. Hopefully it won't imbalance the game.

Nov 2, 2011 at 7:21 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Wow, Cave Story weapons actually implemented as pre-order bonuses in TF2. The two things I started getting more involved in last March are coming together.

Nov 3, 2011 at 10:54 PM
Captain Fabulous said:
Yup, we'll have beaten it several times before it comes out. All the magic is ruined! Huzzah!
Just yesterday I was wishing the Scout had a machine gun, because I'd really be able to do some damage like that. Hopefully it won't imbalance the game.

You lucky! How'd you get to be a tester?

Nov 3, 2011 at 11:13 PM
Tyrone made a thread a while back.
I've already completed it because I'm running it on a Mac, so :3

Nov 17, 2011 at 12:56 AM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
I cannot say anything more after seeing Medic's hat...

Nov 18, 2011 at 4:07 AM
Member Title
So... How has development been going?

Nov 25, 2011 at 7:05 PM
Member Title
Nov 25, 2011 at 10:12 PM
inside is yello
"..."
It looks great! One thing, the Demon Crown looks a bit ... dull.

Nov 25, 2011 at 11:38 PM
*The creature who wears this crown

Jan 26, 2017 at 6:00 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
I know im really late but i always had this mod and i saw that it isnt working anymore so i took it from an another pc of mine but it still did not work i would really love it if you fixed it but i can see if you don't