"All your forum are belong to us!"
andwhyisit said:
Oh and VM's are called profile comments in IPB

diph.php

I'll manage.

Dec 12, 2011 at 1:36 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Oh? We're gonna have a reputation system now? What fun.

Dec 12, 2011 at 1:43 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
WD said:
Oh? We're gonna have a reputation system now? What fun.

*ahem*
WD said:
Oh what fun
it is to ride in a one horse open sleigh! Hey!

Anyways I believe they're easily disableable. We had one on here for like a week. Got rid of it.

Dec 12, 2011 at 1:50 AM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
The reputation system sounds like a good idea nowadays (or possibly the worst idea in existence). But, just to be curious, why was it taken down?

Dec 12, 2011 at 1:55 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Lace said:
and what of photo albums?
I kinda forgot about those. It says that those can be converted if you have IPGallery installed with IPBoard. The things I do for you guys, eh. :critter:

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:28 AM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Dunc2403 said:
trollfest.
I don't think you quite understand what that word means

and no, it's because reputation systems are fucking stupid; people shouldn't predispose judgement on someone because of some number next to their name, but because of how they post, if you like their personality etc etc.

for instance, if say, you were to have a bad (forum counted) reputation, everyone, new or not, before reading your post would think "this guy is probably pretty stupid and I should disregard their opinion!"

that and they look gaudy and clutter up space and look ugly and ughhh.

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:53 AM
daughter of chivalry
I actually have to agree with sexpy, he does bring up a good point. And since there are certain members of this forum who are close to one another and tend to pick favorites/not-favorites, it'd just be the same people positive/negative repping each other and circlejerking, though there are limits of course. Not like it matters how much rep you have, but still....

Reputation systems, I find, are more fitting on image boards. I used to be a part of a site of a certain nature in which people would contribute images, and in turn they would receive reputation for their contributions. It sure as hell is an ego-booster, but on a site like this I don't think it would be necessary.

Not like the topic at hand is arguing whether or not to have a rep system, but that's just my 2 cents I guess.

Dec 12, 2011 at 3:01 AM
WD said:
Not like it matters how much rep you have, but still....
ofc, postcount doesn't really matter either and people still try to do that excessively.

Dec 12, 2011 at 3:27 AM
Lace said:
ofc, postcount doesn't really matter either and people still try to do that excessively.

So we can tell just by looking at that how horribly a reputation system would be abused.

Andwhyisit: are warn logs anything like the infraction system we have in place now? I really like the infraction system, so I hope we can have something like that with IPB.

Dec 12, 2011 at 1:24 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Captain Fabulous said:
Andwhyisit: are warn logs anything like the infraction system we have in place now? I really like the infraction system, so I hope we can have something like that with IPB.
Similar except minus the automated banning.

Dec 13, 2011 at 5:54 PM
daughter of chivalry
I have a suggestion. I posed it in the IRC and it got negative reception, but I just wanted to throw it out there.

On Maiden's of Kaleidoscope, they make you answer a simple Taohao question each time you post. Just simple one word answer.

Do you think we could do the same to ensure extra protection? I know it's a pain in the ass, but it'd just be simple questions like: "What is Curly's last name?" or "Who is the protagonist of Cave Store?" or something. It'd only take like 2 seconds.

Not sure if it would work, but meh. Just thought I'd mention it.

Dec 14, 2011 at 4:04 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
I think we should wait and see if spamboots will even still be an issue first

Dec 17, 2011 at 12:51 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I can't wait for this switch, since I've been banning about 2 or 3 spambots a day every day this past couple of week.

Dec 18, 2011 at 6:23 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Well I am about half way through converting themes.

Here's what I've done so far:

csargghprev.jpg

CS Arggh

csliteprev.jpg

CS Lite

csdarkprev.jpg

CS Dark

CS Dark may look like a simple edit, unfortunately however it was anything but. The IPB default was never made to work with a dark background.

Dec 18, 2011 at 6:44 AM
I don't want your work to all be for naught, but CS Lite does look better than Dark to me now. But you did a pretty good job! The Cave Story skins don't look all boxy anymore. In fact, they look downright sexy. vBulletin's boxes and squares will always have a place in my heart, but I'm okay with moving on to the voluptuous curves of IPBoard.

Dec 18, 2011 at 7:00 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Captain Fabulous said:
I don't want your work to all be for naught, but CS Lite does look better than Dark to me now.
The work needed to be done anyway as a basis for converting the remaining themes (bluepearl, gameflaws, and the miraigamer default) to IPBoard, since they all use medium to dark backgrounds and white text.

Dec 23, 2011 at 2:08 AM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Those look great! I currently use "Arrgh my Eyes!", IMHO the others look either a little too busy or a little messy. They're fine design-wise, but the colors are just not to my taste. What I mean to say is that all three of those new skins look great.