Suu No Monogatari ~ Sue's Story 0.2.0.1

Jul 17, 2013 at 7:08 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Bombchu Link said:
ha ha, Someone found the balrog bug. :balrog:

I found it too.
Glad I had the

Hidden text highlight (or click) to view:

Missile Launcher That Toroko gave to me

So I could beat him. BUUUUUT I talked to Toroko again and it kept happening. I didn't

Hidden text highlight (or click) to view:

Have Enough Missiles

To beat balrog again. But he spawned on the roof. Teehee.

Jul 18, 2013 at 12:50 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
I dunno guys, modding is hard. . . I think I'm going to give up. . .

Just kidding :p

DEMO 0.1.1 IS READY!!!

~removed~

As always, open dou-config and hit OK

I've been hard at work getting this ready. It even has 1 of the 4 endings complete!

and If anyone actually reads this, I'd like a media fire mirror ASAP. (sendspace sucks)

Jul 18, 2013 at 4:45 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Copyright infringement! You do not own this tactic of releasing mods, and therefore you shall be condemned for your actions!

...maybe I'll check it out tomorrow...

Jul 18, 2013 at 4:52 AM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
EnlightenedOne said:
Copyright infringement! You do not own this tactic of releasing mods, and therefore you shall be condemned for your actions!

...maybe I'll check it out tomorrow...
ha, ha. Oh snnaaaaap. . .

When you actually try it, see if you can find the secret ending and/or the secret item. :D

Hint:
pay attention to detail.

Jul 18, 2013 at 5:01 AM
Or you could... You know... Keep it a secret...

Though I was never good at that... For me... If something is that awesome, it has to be shared... It's hard for me to restrain myself about giving away the details about my mod plans...

Jul 18, 2013 at 5:09 AM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
EnlightenedOne said:
Or you could... You know... Keep it a secret...

Though I was never good at that... For me... If something is that awesome, it has to be shared... It's hard for me to restrain myself about giving away the details about my mod plans...
What's wrong light?

Having a weak moment?

here let me-

*scuffling noise in background*

ugh, sorry. I should let my other evil self alone on the computer.

I know, It's hard to keep secrets to yourself. :p

And In advance: have fun! :D:D:D

Jul 18, 2013 at 5:23 AM
OLD.pbm.... Why would a pbm be in cavern tale when everything else is in .bmp?

I'll give you a report when I test it tomorrow. Goodnight :D

Jul 18, 2013 at 5:27 AM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
EnlightenedOne said:
OLD.pbm.... Why would a pbm be in cavern tale when everything else is in .bmp?

I'll give you a report when I test it tomorrow. Goodnight :D
sleep well, I will be eagerly be waiting. ;)

Jul 18, 2013 at 7:47 PM

p169092-0-thing.png

PART 1

[/Heavenly Choir]

So... first I would like to point something out...
p169092-1-stuffy.jpg
Even though my actual Security found nothing wrong, Chrome for some reason pops a warning...
Replaying what was in the first Demo, I like what you did... you fixed all the bugs pointed out and it ran much fluidly... This mod is really good, yet due to time constraints I didn't finish it (So this is my review so far...)

(Pasting in from my .txt file I wrote as I played it):
X BUG: Going into Momorin's helicopter during the night... locks you in (requiring a reload of my save)

- Oh... Okay so Shadow is here at night... sweet.

- "The doctor was a very good cook back then..." Oh you...

- Random debug cat... sure...

- Itho apparently sleeps with his eyes open.

X Okay... so I had some difficulty with replaying the waterway part (I kept inst-death-ing on the spikes)
Maybe put a save point right before it? I remember there being a save point by taking an alternate path
in the waterway in the first demo, but after restarting back at the cliff about three times
(I actually only had a limited time to play it for now.) I just decided to load my previous save with
the first demo...

So beyond this point... There could be some errors because of that (in which a real save would work).

but anyways... skipping to where the first demo ended...

- oh... a game of hide and seek (with... apparently a human sue... sure.)

X BUG: Talking to jack, you say
"that's the name of the witc
that tried to kill me!" (It cuts off a letter.)

then it shows a blank message box, and a <NOD after it (this: <NOD<CLR<NOD<CLO)

- Let's say hi to Kanpachi... Oh, haha... That was a really well executed joke...

- Found human Sue, 9 more to go...

- Chinfish, or yellow flowers? [>yes / no]... uhh... chinfish... so does that mean I select "Yes"? *selects "yes"*
OH... so that means equally...
(reloads recent save), *selects "no"* oh... that was not worth the reload...

- Toroko has a lot of dialogue ehh? Lets get started *grabs some tea*

- Wait...did she say "whoever made this mod"... that means Toroko can see beyond the fourth wall...

- PFFT... what?!?! only three messages and she gives me the missile launcher? dude, I would have gone to 30...

- Mud zone... ok...

- (ignores floating blocks and advances to the right)

- Oh... so now we are going to fight a reskinned Balfrog... This will be-*sees boss*
...That was unexpected...but it's buggy! (probably missing a frame)

X BUG: When you enter the boss room or fighting the giant mud critter, you can walk off the map...
and I killed it... nothing happened... I'm stuck in this room that I saved in.

- Looks like I'll have to reload my old save... but I don't have time at this moment... so this is Part 1 of my playthrough

[/part 1]
It looks really cool... A few messups... but good (and more comical than I thought... hehe... Kanpachi...)

Jul 18, 2013 at 8:58 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
EnlightenedOne said:
p169092-0-thing.png

PART 1

[/Heavenly Choir]

So... first I would like to point something out...
p169092-1-stuffy.jpg
Even though my actual Security found nothing wrong, Chrome for some reason pops a warning...
Replaying what was in the first Demo, I like what you did... you fixed all the bugs pointed out and it ran much fluidly... This mod is really good, yet due to time constraints I didn't finish it (So this is my review so far...)

(Pasting in from my .txt file I wrote as I played it):
X BUG: Going into Momorin's helicopter during the night... locks you in (requiring a reload of my save)

- Oh... Okay so Shadow is here at night... sweet.

- "The doctor was a very good cook back then..." Oh you...

- Random debug cat... sure...

- Itho apparently sleeps with his eyes open.

X Okay... so I had some difficulty with replaying the waterway part (I kept inst-death-ing on the spikes)
Maybe put a save point right before it? I remember there being a save point by taking an alternate path
in the waterway in the first demo, but after restarting back at the cliff about three times
(I actually only had a limited time to play it for now.) I just decided to load my previous save with
the first demo...

So beyond this point... There could be some errors because of that (in which a real save would work).

but anyways... skipping to where the first demo ended...

- oh... a game of hide and seek (with... apparently a human sue... sure.)

X BUG: Talking to jack, you say
"that's the name of the witc
that tried to kill me!" (It cuts off a letter.)

then it shows a blank message box, and a <NOD after it (this: <NOD<CLR<NOD<CLO)

- Let's say hi to Kanpachi... Oh, haha... That was a really well executed joke...

- Found human Sue, 9 more to go...

- Chinfish, or yellow flowers? [>yes / no]... uhh... chinfish... so does that mean I select "Yes"? *selects "yes"*
OH... so that means equally...
(reloads recent save), *selects "no"* oh... that was not worth the reload...

- Toroko has a lot of dialogue ehh? Lets get started *grabs some tea*

- Wait...did she say "whoever made this mod"... that means Toroko can see beyond the fourth wall...

- PFFT... what?!?! only three messages and she gives me the missile launcher? dude, I would have gone to 30...

- Mud zone... ok...

- (ignores floating blocks and advances to the right)

- Oh... so now we are going to fight a reskinned Balfrog... This will be-*sees boss*
...That was unexpected...but it's buggy! (probably missing a frame)

X BUG: When you enter the boss room or fighting the giant mud critter, you can walk off the map...
and I killed it... nothing happened... I'm stuck in this room that I saved in.

- Looks like I'll have to reload my old save... but I don't have time at this moment... so this is Part 1 of my playthrough

[/part 1]
It looks really cool... A few messups... but good (and more comical than I thought... hehe... Kanpachi...)

How in the world did you get to mud zone????

And never, never, never, use profile.dats from 0.1, I re-flagged everything.

So yeah, you were suppose to go to the flower cavern (flags from 0.1 profile). . . and that's also why jack says weird things.

Tokoro says more, not much, but you profile is really screwing things up at this point. . .

I downloaded and played my own demo and was able to get to the cavern, so I guess that your profile did the messing up there.

the kapatchi joke is extended more then that but because of a flag error and stuff I didn't put it in. (didn't want to hold the demo up over it)

And hide and seek. . . well, I forgot to change the debug cat (sue's sprite) into chuthlu chuthululu chalalulsu the green guys with the cat's sprite.

*sigh* I'll fix the helicopter thingy. (I played through the game TWICE to make sure that nothing would happen!)

Shadow has more to say.

find the secret ending.

Jul 19, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I expected as much...

But yah... I've been gone all day today, so tomorrow I'll maybe go over it properly (in my opinion I still suggest there be some way that waterway be less jarring... Though usually it's not a problem... But it's like the 2nd area where you can take damage and the save point is 5-8 minutes before it... But whatever... Things will get done properly soon).

I can't reveal the purpose of these fetch quests... But believe me... Do these tasks correctly... And all will be revealed...

I found game breaking Bugs! :(

Though, since its really complexing on what one of the bugs does (and how to activate it)... I'm going to make a video after typing this (because you will probably have no idea what I'm saying if type it out.)

SO... here is Part 2 of the write up... Though all the things that will be covered in the video will be striked-through (so don't worry too much if it doesn't make sense as text:

(copy pasting from a txt file)
Ok... I'm an idiot for wasting that amount of time... Waterways is actually easy And I was just being stupid,

Let's do this correctly now! :D

Sue still messes up what she says...

p169094-0-reportpic1.jpg

And it still shows a blanks message box before a <NOD...

Kanpachi says the same... its pretty much the exact same so I'm just going to report once I get to the actual teleporter place I'm supposed to be at.

Toroko still has not that much dialogue... but oh well... (this is due to the bug that I'll explain)

And... no permission to teleport? what?

Toroko says the same thing "have fun with it", so I go looking for something I could have missed..

lets talk to the human sue aagain..
...and bug? She re-asks if I want to play hide-n-seek and dissappears again...

Okay... that was wierd... I redid the whole hide-n-seek thing again... but I can't get it to do it again
(so I can't pinpoint the problem)...

whatever... I'll just figure out why it won't let me teleport.

I actually think I know why it didn't let me teleport...

*Restarts from the very beginning*

Possible Continuity error: You just woke up Itho in the cockpit, and you walk past the Prefab house, then as misery appears and your running back, Itho comes out of the prefab house...

The only possible way this could be explained is if Itho walked and went inside the prefab house during the 30 secs
that Sue is watching the Doctor and Misery...

replaying... wait a minute... I think I just realized possible bug!

"connect to flower cavern" *Selects NO* "Connected to flower cavern" :p well okay then...

And... no permission to teleport :C (This is explained later)

And now toroko has a lot more lines to say...

*restarts from backup save because of "no teleport" lockout

Got to the water cabin by taking the alternate route!
got the... polar star? (I skipped it on this run)

but I wanted to go without a weapon... (reloads save)

okay... for some reason i keep getting weird things going on... but whatever... everything is apparently working now...

DEFINITE BUG:
When the computer asks the question "Connect to teleporter in Flower Cavern" saying "No" will close the event, and you're now stuck in mimiga village forever.

Another Definite Bug:
You can go all the way to Balrog without a weapon... doing so... makes it impossible.. You could go back and grab the missile launcher... but with only 10 missiles... it's probably something you need to fix

(tile 43 star blocks are what I'm thinking...)

Also this:

p169094-1-reportpic2.jpg

The chest in waterway cabin still gives you a duplicate polarstar... change that maybe?

And also the chest in water cabin never shows empty, even though it says it's empty

p169094-2-reportpic3.jpg

(THIS NEXT PART is where I start writing what happened, but I doubt you will understand what's going on... so expect a video soon)

AND ANOTHER DEFINITE BUG!:
After the big cutscene where sue drowns, wakes up, and is taken to in front of Arthur's house,
your SUPOSSED to go inside... (I bet you can see exactly where this is going) but if you DON'T, and
instead find Human sue in the graveyard, and then LATER go into the house for the first time...
It acts like you already connected to the Flower Cavern, but since you never did, it won't let you register the cavern
to the teleporter menu.. (another game lock)

AND THIS LEADS TO ANOTHER BUG (though removing the first bug should just fix this)
After you do go into Arthurs house (and its all messed up), simply leaving and returning to the shack, then talking to human...

screw this I'm making a video.

TL;DR - You can reach Balrog without a weapon, the chest in waterway shows always full (and always gives you the polar star regardless if you already have it), saying "no" to "connect to Flower Cavern?" will lock you out, and a video will explain the crossed out stuff.

EDIT: Speaking of videos...

Jul 19, 2013 at 10:55 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
EnlightenedOne said:
I expected as much...

But yah... I've been gone all day today, so tomorrow I'll maybe go over it properly (in my opinion I still suggest there be some way that waterway be less jarring... Though usually it's not a problem... But it's like the 2nd area where you can take damage and the save point is 5-8 minutes before it... But whatever... Things will get done properly soon).

I can't reveal the purpose of these fetch quests... But believe me... Do these tasks correctly... And all will be revealed...

Though, since its really complexing on what one of the bugs does (and how to activate it)... I'm going to make a video after typing this (because you will probably have no idea what I'm saying if type it out.)

SO... here is Part 2 of the write up... Though all the things that will be covered in the video will be striked-through (so don't worry too much if it doesn't make sense as text:

Ok. . . here we go

I found game breaking Bugs! :(

:momo:

Sue still messes up what she says...

p169094-0-reportpic1.jpg

And it still shows a blanks message box before a <NOD...

I'll look into this.

Possible Continuity error: You just woke up Itho in the cockpit, and you walk past the Prefab house, then as misery appears and your running back, Itho comes out of the prefab house...

The only possible way this could be explained is if Itho walked and went inside the prefab house during the 30 secs
that Sue is watching the Doctor and Misery...

HE RAN TO BREAKFAST! (And locked the door so no-one else could steal it from him!)

"connect to flower cavern" *Selects NO* "Connected to flower cavern" :p well okay then...

It doesn't like negative responses.

Got to the water cabin by taking the alternate route!
got the... polar star? (I skipped it on this run)

but I wanted to go without a weapon... (reloads save)

Yeah, I don't know what to else to put in there. (maybe a snake)

And don't go without any weapons. . .

DEFINITE BUG:
When the computer asks the question "Connect to teleporter in Flower Cavern" saying "No" will close the event, and you're now stuck in mimiga village forever.

I will fix it. another flag error

Another Definite Bug:

You can go all the way to Balrog without a weapon... doing so... makes it impossible.. You could go back and grab the missile launcher... but with only 10 missiles... it's probably something you need to fix

(tile 43 star blocks are what I'm thinking...)

your right. I'll make it so that you have to the the polar star in the first cave.

Also this:

p169094-1-reportpic2.jpg

I'm sorry, I cant fix that. . .

in more then 5 seconds that is.

The chest in waterway cabin still gives you a duplicate polarstar... change that maybe?

And also the chest in water cabin never shows empty, even though it says it's empty

p169094-2-reportpic3.jpg

is it just the sprite that doesn't change, or can you get multiple polar stars?

(I'll assume the earlier)

(THIS NEXT PART is where I start writing what happened, but I doubt you will understand what's going on... so expect a video soon)

AND ANOTHER DEFINITE BUG!:
After the big cutscene where sue drowns, wakes up, and is taken to in front of Arthur's house,
your SUPOSSED to go inside... (I bet you can see exactly where this is going) but if you DON'T, and
instead find Human sue in the graveyard, and then LATER go into the house for the first time...
It acts like you already connected to the Flower Cavern, but since you never did, it won't let you register the cavern
to the teleporter menu.. (another game lock)

AND THIS LEADS TO ANOTHER BUG (though removing the first bug should just fix this)
After you do go into Arthurs house (and its all messed up), simply leaving and returning to the shack, then talking to human...

screw this I'm making a video.

I will wait before saying anything about this.

except that the hide and seek was SUPPOSED TO BE A REMOVED IDEA.

I can just see all the conflicting flags. . . -_-

TL;DR - You can reach Balrog without a weapon, the chest in waterway shows always full (and always gives you the polar star regardless if you already have it), saying "no" to "connect to Flower Cavern?" will lock you out, and a video will explain the crossed out stuff.

priorities that will be fixes ASAP.

Ok, I watched the video. . .I already knew that they were conflicting flags. ( it was still fun to watch though).

And RUN CAUSE IN THREE DAYS ENLIGHTENED SCREWED UP THE GAME.

I can fix it in a few minutes.

(your most likely posting as I write this so, I'll let you respond first.)

BIG EDIT:

try this:

~removed~

all of the error's pointed out have been fixed. (hide and seek has been removed.)

Jul 20, 2013 at 1:37 AM
... Your welcome...

So I played through the whole thing (beat balrog, said there was nothing else...)

The only other problem I noticed is that Toroko misspells "Basement" as "bacement" when she talks about the flowers in Arthur's house.

(And I'm pretty sure that I'm missing something still... One of the maps had another area... Hmmm.... Sadly I'm leaving Sunday morning.)

Good luck... And Have fun if your taking a short break from modding afterwards... (I spent one playing Black Mesa: Source a few weeks ago)

Jul 20, 2013 at 2:54 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
There one more problem a BUG about a night and right helicopter for where Sue's Mom; can't get out instead to cockpit will stuck forever.

And I talk to "Shadow the Hedgehog" a night.

What kind cat here? in "?" (First Cave)

I played test your new version and nice fixed everything in Mimiga Village.

Good luck for a hard work.

Jul 23, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
EnlightenedOne said:
... Your welcome...
It's "You're welcome". "You're" is a contraction of "you are" (i.e. You are welcome). "Your" is possessive, belonging to you, and from Bombchu Link's position what you wrote translates to "My welcome", which makes no sense. The rule of thumb is that if you can substitute it with "you are" and still make sense then it is "you're", else it "your".

Too many people these days don't understand contractions. If people are not learning such a basic aspect of our language then what are our teachers even doing?

Jul 28, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hello, I finished the demo and I think it was good !
So I have a little list of things that I observed while playing :
-If you get to the cockpit of one helicopter, you get stuck inside forever, the exit door will lead to the cockpit instead of the balcony.
-When you get out of the second helicopter, you can hear the text display sound.
-When Sue wakes up, you can see the sprite of the "lying-on-floor" mimiga Sue, but she is still a human at this moment. Was this intentional or do you just lack the "lying-on-floor" human Sue sprite ?
-The camera is acting weird
-What the hell is Shadow the Hedgehod doing here at night ? Is this some kind of easter egg or will he bother you during all the game ?
-There are a lot of spelling mistakes

Aug 2, 2013 at 3:05 AM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
Hey guys, I though I might as well tell you what's going on.

Take a look at the newly added options menu!
p169044-1-suesstoryscreenshotzps0edf66b5.png

Aug 2, 2013 at 3:34 AM
Oh.... That's actually really good.

That background is really amazing with tying in the mod.

Aug 2, 2013 at 4:08 AM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
EnlightenedOne said:
Oh.... That's actually really good.

That background is really amazing with tying in the mod.
Thanks, I actually had this picture as my desktop background as soon as I found it.

It's almost if it was made for this mod. Isn't destiny great?

EDIT- and by the way...

THEEND_zpsdb8cbab5.png

Does this screen look familiar?

Aug 2, 2013 at 4:13 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Didn't you JUST ask about who made that image in another thread
You do know there's such a thing as asking permission, right