Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP

Jan 13, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
There was a thread on this game but it died a year ago and no one had anything to say.

Anyway, Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery, it's an audiovisual style game with some pretty awesome humor and story here and there, amazing graphics, interesting puzzles, meh-'kay glorified quick-time event combat, and the BEST SOUNDTRACK YOUR EARS WILL EVER BE BLESSED WITH.

So, um, trailer.

It's currently out in Appstore and Google Play stores for iOS devices, along with the PC version on Steam, if you've never heard of it.

And if you've completed the game, then forgot about it, it looks like they have some potential ARG stuff.
One of those creepy sites that's more-or-less similar to the first Portal's Aperture Science website. http://seeyouinheavenhighfive.com/
You can try calling (408) 6342-806 on a phone for ear-rape, too.

Jan 14, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Code:

Its currently out in A..." />
   <meta property="og:description" content="Superbrothers: Sword &#38; Sworcery EP - posted in Indie Games: There was a thread on this game but it died a year ago and no one had anything to say.
&nbsp;
Anyway, Superbrothers: Sword &#38; Sworcery, its an audiovisual style game with some pretty awesome humor and story here and there, amazing graphics, interesting puzzles, meh-kay glorified quick-time event combat, and the BEST SOUNDTRACK YOUR EARS WILL EVER BE BLESSED WITH.
&nbsp;
So, um, trailer.
&nbsp;&nbsp;
Its currently out in A..." />
I am not sure how you managed to achieve this.

Do you need some help with the YouTube tags? I believe the way to do it is to put the video ID itself inbetween the tags.

Jan 14, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Code:
[youtube][url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqbeO2FrIaA[/youtube]]watch?v=fqbeO2FrIaA[/url][/youtube]
Yeah I have no clue how you managed this.

Anyways I'm just gonna go and merge this with the old thread since there's no reason for us to have 2.

EDIT: Ok there wasn't another thread for this game, at least not as far as my search turned up, so I have no clue what you're talking about John.

Jan 14, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."

Knowing HTML is useful. Helps with the BBcode stuff interpreted by the system's PHP. Skyewelse designed the CSTSF YouTube tags in a certain way. Unfortunately, because of this, any <a href> stuff is not going to work inside the YouTube tags.

EDIT: The music is actually really good.

However, it doesn't compare too well if you listen to Geoge & Jonathan's music or you listen to flashygoodness's compositions frequently.

Jan 14, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Oh, thanks for that. I suck pretty bad at coding, or even simple forum tags, so, every time I try something is bound to break.

Carrotlord said:
EDIT: The music is actually really good.
However, it doesn't compare too well if you listen to Geoge & Jonathan's music or you listen to flashygoodness's compositions frequently.
Meh, I can't compare the S&SEP soundtrack too well with them, considering the only two songs per artist I could find were pretty up-beat, and regardless the situation S&SEP always seems to have this relaxing ambience.

Jan 15, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
The first episode of this game was epic A+. Though I was hoping it would be a series of adventures that spanned entirely different areas.
What I got was a great casual experiment. It's worth checking out if a voice, compulsion, or mouse pointer in the sky leads you to this game.

I don't remember the music so much, but I do remember a certain interactive song that I was grooving to... ;D

Jan 15, 2013 at 5:35 PM
CARLSOOOOOON AAAAND PEEEEETERSSSSSS!
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
This game is available on floppy disk?! I would give an arm for a copy of this game(and an old IBM computer, which would make it an arm and a leg).

Jan 15, 2013 at 5:44 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
there is no way even a single .mp3 from this game would fit on a floppy disk.

Jan 15, 2013 at 5:53 PM
CARLSOOOOOON AAAAND PEEEEETERSSSSSS!
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Still, that would be cool though even if it is impossible.

Mar 20, 2013 at 9:39 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
No wait they have thia for PC? I tought it was iPad exclusive.

Mar 21, 2013 at 3:36 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
It's on literally every major gaming platform besides consoles. That is, iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Linux. It's also universal on iOS, so in fact it has never been iPad exclusive.

Mar 21, 2013 at 6:19 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
What I meant was handheld devices like smart phones, iPads & such. I'm not really up to date with all the new mobile tech so I couldn't really list anything off by name(other than iPad).

Anyways I looked it up & it seems like you can only get it through Steam, so I'll suppose I'll wait until the day it's sold elsewhere for PC. I'm not a big Steam fan after having issues with it.

Mar 21, 2013 at 6:45 AM
"Huzzah!"
Metroidvaniac said:
I'm not a big Steam fan after having issues with it.
I used to despise Steam greatly because of that very thing. But in the past year, it has gotten far more stable. Some of my games (like Borderlands) used to crash with the Steam version, but my retail version had no issues whatsoever (this happened with Fable and with Borderlands), so it was obviously a Steam issue. But now everything is fixed for all my games and I haven't had any problems besides the occasional 401 errors on loading pages. You should give it another chance. Unless you're just a very unlucky person, Steam should work just fine for you since the fixes they have been making.

More on topic:
I bought S&S when it first came out on Steam and I didn't play a whole lot of it. I guess it just wasn't my kind of game. I really liked the music, but the game just felt like it lacked depth, or substance. I understand that was to be expected, as it isn't a very large game and it is a somewhat experimental thing, but it just wasn't all that fun for me. But I guess I never really was into games that were a sort of point and click adventure, and this comes close to those, except in a more action-oriented way.

Mar 21, 2013 at 7:09 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
FrozenFire said:
I used to despise Steam greatly because of that very thing. But in the past year, it has gotten far more stable. Some of my games (like Borderlands) used to crash with the Steam version, but my retail version had no issues whatsoever (this happened with Fable and with Borderlands), so it was obviously a Steam issue. But now everything is fixed for all my games and I haven't had any problems besides the occasional 401 errors on loading pages. You should give it another chance. Unless you're just a very unlucky person, Steam should work just fine for you since the fixes they have been making.
Well one thing was I bought Super Meat Boy but my character would fall through the walls & stuff. But the biggest thing was I didn't really like that Steam would always run in the background or prompt me for updates, & I especially hated that I couldn't play the game I bought without also running steam. I guess there's a way to bypass that, but the overall interface just isn't my style, especially with my somewhat decent laptop as it is.

Anyways, back to S&S, the thing that really drew me to this game was the style. I love the retroesque pixelated goodness, but alot of these amazing looking games never seem to have the exact mechanics or gameplay I'm looking for. The art's nice though.