Super Crate Box

Mar 23, 2011 at 3:18 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The title of Super Crate Box isn't very descriptive, but crates play a major role in the game, and it is kinda super, I guess.

p123521-0-screenshot02chickenkatanastandoff.png

The white/orange thing is your character (in this case, a chicken). The other white thing is a floating skull, which will kill you. The green things behave like Goombas with speed hacks, but don't try to jump on them. They will kill you.
The objective of the game is to collect weapon crates, which swap your weapon for a new, random one. When you die, your score is measured in crates collected. New levels, characters, weapons and modes are unlocked with scores. Killing enemies doesn't get you anything but space to maneuver (which you definitely need).

Here's what gameplay looks like: http://www.supercratebox.com/?p=trailer
If you can't tell from the trailer, this game is crazy fun. It's simple and yet very engaging.

Mar 23, 2011 at 3:30 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
This is simply awesome :muscledoc:
I hate not being able to shoot up, Cave Story got me used to that.

Mar 23, 2011 at 4:28 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Yo dawg, we heard you like Mega Man so we put him in a drug rehab center so he can't shoot up while he can't shoot up.

Mar 23, 2011 at 8:17 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Captain Fabulous said:
Yo dawg, we heard you like Mega Man so we put him in a drug rehab center so he can't shoot up while he can't shoot up.

I haven't played Megaman in such a long time. But even when I do play it, I use Metal Man's weapon to ease the pain. But not being able to shoot up while not being able to shoot up seems kind of paradoxial. I think...

Mar 24, 2011 at 10:46 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
looks cool, dl