Sue's Nose

Sep 7, 2008 at 3:24 PM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Hmmm... seeing as Ravils seem to have a common name, I'd say I stand corrected. Yeah, life sucks. >_>

Metalogz from the other thread said:
While escaping on Sky Dragon...

Sue: "Omg! This Sky Dragon is so cute!" *climbs onto Sky Dragon's snout*
SkyDragon: *CHOMP*
Sue: "Ow.... Where's my nose...?"
Kazuma: "..."
Quote: "..."

:cool:
ROFLMAO.

Sep 7, 2008 at 4:27 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Sorry guys. I know how much you like your off-topic discussion, but I have to bring this thread back on topic. (Its a Sue thread, and I haven't had my say yet! :cool: )

Personally, I think Sue's nose, like Toroko's, was simply omitted (don't you think putting a nose on her would look weird?), and that the scar has nothing to do with her nose. Its simply a distinguishing feature to set her apart from all the other mimigas.

As for a backstory...I think that scar came from the Doctor, when she was in his custody. He was doing an experiment on her, but he didn't finish it when Sue escaped. That's why I think he send Misery and Balrog after her at the beginning of Cave Story.

Oh! And one more thing...

Roonil Waslib said:
Slightly offtopic: She's cute as a mimiga. Her human form is fugly.
I have to agree with Roonil on this one. Her mimiga form is is definitely much cuter. :o

Sep 7, 2008 at 11:47 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It is just the way she is drawn. If not then what happened to Misery's nose? Toroko's nose? The Korons' noses?

Sep 8, 2008 at 12:49 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
The Mulletron said:
Sorry guys. I know how much you like your off-topic discussion, but I have to bring this thread back on topic. (Its a Sue thread, and I haven't had my say yet! :D )

Personally, I think Sue's nose, like Toroko's, was simply omitted (don't you think putting a nose on her would look weird?), and that the scar has nothing to do with her nose. Its simply a distinguishing feature to set her apart from all the other mimigas.

As for a backstory...I think that scar came from the Doctor, when she was in his custody. He was doing an experiment on her, but he didn't finish it when Sue escaped. That's why I think he send Misery and Balrog after her at the beginning of Cave Story.

Oh! And one more thing...

I have to agree with Roonil on this one. Her mimiga form is is definitely much cuter. :D

And how about her hybrid-form?

Sep 8, 2008 at 3:25 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
andwhyisit said:
It is just the way she is drawn. If not then what happened to Misery's nose? Toroko's nose? The Korons' noses?

Or maybe we were debating over this for nothing because there is one extremely simple answer.

Mimigas DON'T HAVE A NOSE IN TEH FIRST PLACE!

(i think... I can't quite remember King and Jack having noses... >_>|||)

Sep 8, 2008 at 3:56 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Metalogz said:
Or maybe we were debating over this for nothing because there is one extremely simple answer.

Sue's not mimiga and she has the scars even in her human form.

andwhyisit said:
Ahem... Thank you very much for reminding us. As for those other characters: None of them has scars.

Now would you please stop arguing whether she has or hasn't a nose or what. That's not the point of this thread.

Now that I can get back on-topic:
me on the other thread said:
Maybe she had a particularly nasty accident while running with scissors.

Sep 9, 2008 at 12:20 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Metalogz said:

King has a nose. Chie has a nose. Jack has a nose. Itoh has a nose. Igor has a nose. OMG!!! :D

Sep 13, 2008 at 2:48 AM
T-Jack said:
This subject was brought up in an off-topic discussion elsewhere on this forum, but I think it is interesting enough to have its own thread. So:

Look at Sue:
p13623-0-suepor.gif
p13623-2-suepor2.gif

and note that both her human and mimiga forms have two crossed scars where her nose should be. Now this could be only a way of depicting female characters in anime, but it could also mean a bit of unrevealed backstory. So, the question is: Why does Sue lack a nose? Feel free to post all your hilarious, insane or horrifying theories.

EDIT: For all the nitpickers, I'll repeat that I'm fully aware of the fact that this is probably the way her nose is drawn (see above, relevant text is italicized). Thank you very much, now let us have some fun.
I can't believe I missed that. Somethings I guess...
Misery cut it off when morfed to Mimiga.

Sep 13, 2008 at 9:40 AM
Justin-chan
if you look closely, the facepic is exactly the same as Sue's, except for a change in colour, expression and hairstyle (and ears of course). This could just be an incomplete version of the facepic because it never really was used in-game was it?

Sep 14, 2008 at 12:29 AM
Honestly, I think she has a scar on her nose from what may have been...

A. Child Abuse

B. The Doctor's Fault

C. King attacking her

D. All of the above statements

And no, I'm not kidding on any of 'em XD

Sep 14, 2008 at 11:43 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
JacobX891 said:
I'll just...

Rape.
her...

Omg Jacob. How could you do this to Sue...? D;

I'm so disappointed in you.

And here i thought...

I actually actually thought...

*ahem*

Well anyways, maybe Sue doesn't have a nose because she enjoyed fighting and probably got into an accident while practicing at home (lol).

Sep 14, 2008 at 1:27 PM
This Troper
Sep 14, 2008 at 4:11 PM
JacobX891 said:
I'll just say what they expect me to; that way, no questions will be raised...

Rape.
er...

Okay, not my most subtle approach...

Since Igor seems to be a good boxer, one of the other enraged mimigas bit her nose of. Like biting your ear off, except... not.

Are you saying that Igor is like Mike frickin' Tyson?

Sep 14, 2008 at 4:23 PM
GearStrike said:
Are you saying that Igor is like Mike frickin' Tyson?
No way, Igor was the easiest boss ever, well not really, but still easy all the same.
Mike Tyson was incredably hard. Well, I haven't played punchout, but in IWBTG it took me awhile to beat him.
Try comparing 1st Balrog to Ballos, yeah that's a huge difference.

Sep 14, 2008 at 5:05 PM
This Troper
Lvl. 3 Blade said:
No way, Igor was the easiest boss ever, well not really, but still easy all the same.
Mike Tyson was incredably hard. Well, I haven't played punchout, but in IWBTG it took me awhile to beat him.
Try comparing 1st Balrog to Ballos, yeah that's a huge difference.
That comparison is a bit (a HUUUUGE bit) off. If you shot Mike Tyson IRL, he'd be dead, too. In Punchout, you have no guns, and in IWBTG... well... let's say, the frigging apples kill you!!!
They're more like giant cherries.

Sep 14, 2008 at 5:24 PM
Respwnt
I'm pretty sure Mike Tyson would die after a single shot form Polar Star level 3. :(

I'm with andwhy on this though, it's the way she's drawn.

I mean, try imagining her in real life with a cross for a nose. <_<

Sep 14, 2008 at 5:33 PM
This Troper
Roonil Wazlib said:
I'm pretty sure Mike Tyson would die after a single shot form Polar Star level 3. :(
Also, he doesn't shoot glowing balls from his mouth.

Roonil Wazlib said:
I'm with andwhy on this though, it's the way she's drawn.

I mean, try imagining her in real life with a cross for a nose. <_<
Umm... thank you. Now please go read the first post of this thread.

Sep 14, 2008 at 5:39 PM
Respwnt
lolwut?
T-Jack said:
and note that both her human and mimiga forms have two crossed scars where her nose should be. Now this could be only a way of depicting female characters in anime, but it could also mean a bit of unrevealed backstory. So, the question is: Why does Sue lack a nose? Feel free to post all your hilarious, insane or horrifying theories.

Also note that I wasn't picking on any of your theories, I was stating what was my opinion. I suppose I'm free to do that even if this is your thread?

Sep 14, 2008 at 6:11 PM
This Troper
Roonil Wazlib said:
Also note that I wasn't picking on any of your theories, I was stating what was my opinion. I suppose I'm free to do that even if this is your thread?
I was about to type a long rant about why you shouldn't post this here, but screw that. Just read this:
EDIT: For all the nitpickers, I'll repeat that I'm fully aware of the fact that this is probably the way her nose is drawn. Thank you very much, now let us have some fun.