Sue story and abandoned mods

Aug 12, 2020 at 6:46 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Hi, I'm a new member and I wanted to know what happened to the Sue story mod and by the way I wanted to know what mods you think should not be canceled and why

Aug 12, 2020 at 6:57 PM
"Huzzah!"
Some mods(especially ambitious ones) don't reach completion because the creators lack motivation or because they don't have enough time, which is probably what happened to Sue's Story.

Aug 12, 2020 at 7:02 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
You're gonna need to be more clear on that. Most mods are cancelled because well, of these reasons, really.
  1. They've moved on to other mods.
  2. The mod was too big and ambitious to work with.
  3. The mod just sucks.
  4. They have moved on to game development.
  5. Just no reason at all.
  6. They were told to move on to CSE2.

For @BLink's case, if I recall correctly, Sue Story just wasn't fun for him to make anymore, and he wanted to work on other mods. For the most part, it was a good move to make, as he did make at most least, one good mod out of it. So it's better to just, not feel privileged to why mods shouldn't have, or for your question, just shouldn't be cancelled.

Aug 12, 2020 at 11:04 PM
Based Member
I wanted to know what mods you think should not be canceled and why
I'll interpret this to mean "What abandoned mods do you wish were finished?"
In which case, I'll say it made me sad to see WTF? Story, King Story, and Cave Story Redesign abandoned. Those were the mods everyone talked about back in 2012.

Aug 12, 2020 at 11:23 PM
War criminal
Man, I would've loved to at least see a remake of WTF Story, especially after GIR gave out how the mod was going to end. Would've had to take a good modder to come up with it, though.

Aug 13, 2020 at 2:09 AM
Based Member
Man, I would've loved to at least see a remake of WTF Story, especially after GIR gave out how the mod was going to end. Would've had to take a good modder to come up with it, though.
Yeah, I agree. It especially made me sad that it was abandoned when GIR revealed to us that he had even made some music for some of the future areas, which I really enjoyed listening to.

Aug 13, 2020 at 3:23 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
What happened to the Sue story mod?

I don't know why people still talk about this. This mod is almost 8 years old now, and has been on ""indefinitive hiatus"" for at least 6. I still remember some of what I had planned, including the ending, but it wasn't super interesting, and honestly modding Cave Story isn't something I really care to do anymore when I have my own engine I can work with, and I'm not limited by a game from 2004.

If you're interested in something decent, and something I'm actually going to finish, play the TideWalkers Demo from Modcon 2018, or follow me in developing my indie game Lunar Lament in my discord.
TideWalkers
p374081-0-unknown.png

Lunar Lament
p374081-1-unknown.png