Stuff that pisses you off, but isn't really a big deal

Aug 29, 2010 at 11:07 PM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Captain Fabulous said:
People who create duplicates of threads that they posted on.

But this is stuff that pisses you off BUT ALSO doesn't really matter :>

Aug 29, 2010 at 11:35 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
WD said:
This is probably not common for you non-Massatwoshits folks but..

When people add the letter "r" to the end of a word ending in a..and completely dropping an "r" in a word where it's needed

First example: "I have an idear"

Second "paak the caa in Haavad yaad" (park the car in Harvard yard)

Then you wouldn't enjoy talking to me on Skype!

Also: When people pretend they're doctors, politicians, and lawyers.

Aug 30, 2010 at 3:14 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
WoodenRat said:
Then you wouldn't enjoy talking to me on Skype!

Also: When people pretend they're doctors, politicians, and lawyers.

You don't do that at all, actually. And even if you did, it's not how the people from around here do it.

When my mattress isn't completely pushed into my bedframe and is sticking off of it slightly.

Aug 30, 2010 at 3:57 AM
meep
When a 3rd person 3D game doesn't have a separate animation for running diagonally.
I'M LOOKING AT YOU, FALLOUT 3 AND OBLIVION

Aug 30, 2010 at 5:00 AM
Been here way too long...
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
When people talk very loudly while at to a music performance, as if saying "I'm so important that I'm going to talk on my phone about important things to prove that I'm too important to even be polite and not talk on my phone."

Aug 30, 2010 at 5:45 AM
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Don't they have to talk loudly to be heard over the music? And can't you hear the music clearly over them talking? My experience with live music is that it's loud enough for everyone to hear it, and usually then some.
I don't normally get pissed off at things that aren't a big deal, because you've probably noticed that I make them into a big deal. I feel validated that way.

Aug 30, 2010 at 12:20 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
When my dog barks at something, he barks at everything!!!! even nothing, which is when he does his "Barking for the sake of Barking" Bark...
My other dog when she nudges your hand and tries to force you to stroke her when I'm quite clearly doing something else.
School teaching us useless subjects which will never get anywhere in life.
Excess homework.
When teachers drone. That is so annoying.
When Health and Safety go over the top.
When People drone about when they were a kid and say we had some real fun, where in real terms, it was rubbish and involved many injuries. e.g impaling your throat or breaking your leg.
People with no sense of humor.

/rantover

Aug 30, 2010 at 2:26 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Oh!
Nicalis.

Aug 30, 2010 at 10:22 PM
Pirate Member
The Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings oops.

Aug 30, 2010 at 10:24 PM
graters gonna grate
I think that falls under the category of "big deal"...

OHOHOH!! I thought of another one. The forum timer. And the 10 char minimum.

Aug 31, 2010 at 12:22 AM
daughter of chivalry
When I ask people stuff that's important, or I want to know, and they just completely disregard me and change the subject

Aug 31, 2010 at 12:33 AM
Pirate Member
It's annoying when that happens. Whenever I ask something important I show it with my voice and body language subtleties. However the fact that the person doesn't want to talk about said subject for personal reasons should also be taken in consideration.

Aug 31, 2010 at 3:49 AM
daughter of chivalry
WoodenRat said:
It's annoying when that happens. Whenever I ask something important I show it with my voice and body language subtleties. However the fact that the person doesn't want to talk about said subject for personal reasons should also be taken in consideration.

Yeah. But it's really minor stuff.

Aug 31, 2010 at 4:26 AM
inactive user
The other Doctor said:
When my dog barks at something, he barks at everything!!!! even nothing, which is when he does his "Barking for the sake of Barking" Bark...
My other dog when she nudges your hand and tries to force you to stroke her when I'm quite clearly doing something else.
School teaching us useless subjects which will never get anywhere in life.
Excess homework.
When teachers drone. That is so annoying.
When Health and Safety go over the top.
When People drone about when they were a kid and say we had some real fun, where in real terms, it was rubbish and involved many injuries. e.g impaling your throat or breaking your leg.
People with no sense of humor.

/rantover
yay 1337th member

Wedge of Cheese said:
OHOHOH!! I thought of another one. The forum timer. And the 10 char minimum.
this

Aug 31, 2010 at 4:28 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
When stupid little kids call me a N*gger on Xbox Live. I'm white you fucktards. XD

Aug 31, 2010 at 1:00 PM
Pirate Member
When Drunken Applesauce is at my mom's house wtf.

Aug 31, 2010 at 6:40 PM
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
sixtyseconds said:
Merlinorevivarkfiraggotdickmuncheretc.

When people type like this, thinking it's cute or funny 8)

When I see the :awesomeface: face ever used in any situation for any reason

When people take non-funny memes outside of imageboards and especially when they use them unceasingly, especially "text memes" which I guess you wouldn't technically call a "meme" but... well, y'know, stuff like >implying and >my face when (reaction faces can be funny sometimes, if used really well, but >mfw simply used in text is horribly annoying)

similar to the above, people who cannot reply to anything or react to anything or make any kind of conversation online without using or attempting to use some kind of textual meme or "chan-like" way of typing for absolutely everything, as if they think they're still using the imageboard

tied to the above and even worse, the people who actually get mad when you *don't* talk like that, even when you're not on the imageboard, and start calling you a "faggot" for communicating in any other way or expressing an opinion that's not the generally accepted one of people at such sites

People trying to troll who are bad at it or don't understand it

People who have no personality beyond "troll" or "attempt at troll" and refuse to ever engage in normal conversation even when it's 1-on-1 (that's the WORST)

certain smileys, like =p and =o
especially when people put :o, o:, =o, etc after like everything they say fffffff

People who are intelligent and seem like great people but squander it all by being complete assholes and not even funny assholes >:| this happens too often

when you CANNOT EVER play a game -- examples for me include WoW, FFXI and L4D/L4D2, among others -- because you came " too late to the party" and everyone expects you to be a grizzled veteran, elsewise they kick you from games/parties. L4D is still reasonably fresh in my opinion, especially 2, but you cannot join any game without being kicked for not knowing every map exactly and alkdasflkj

Games such as L4D, Alien Swarm, Killing Floor, etc which pretty much require you to have friends playing to have a good time, but every time you ask anyone, even if you see them playing the exact game constantly on steam, they "don't feel like it" or "are busy with something else", EVERY single time

when you have a similar game that suddenly all the people you had to play it with are "too manly and cool" for it anymore (i.e. pokemon, smash bros, etc)

and oh how I could go on!

Aug 31, 2010 at 7:14 PM
daughter of chivalry
ragnaroq said:
especially "text memes" which I guess you wouldn't technically call a "meme" but... well, y'know, stuff like >implying and >my face when (reaction faces can be funny sometimes, if used really well, but >mfw simply used in text is horribly annoying)

similar to the above, people who cannot reply to anything or react to anything or make any kind of conversation online without using or attempting to use some kind of textual meme or "chan-like" way of typing for absolutely everything, as if they think they're still using the imageboard

tied to the above and even worse, the people who actually get mad when you *don't* talk like that, even when you're not on the imageboard, and start calling you a "faggot" for communicating in any other way or expressing an opinion that's not the generally accepted one of people at such sites

when you CANNOT EVER play a game -- examples for me include WoW, FFXI and L4D/L4D2, among others -- because you came " too late to the party" and everyone expects you to be a grizzled veteran, elsewise they kick you from games/parties. L4D is still reasonably fresh in my opinion, especially 2, but you cannot join any game without being kicked for not knowing every map exactly and alkdasflkj

when you have a similar game that suddenly all the people you had to play it with are "too manly and cool" for it anymore (i.e. pokemon, smash bros, etc)

and oh how I could go on!

This this this this this!

Aug 31, 2010 at 8:07 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
ragnaroq said:
When people take non-funny memes outside of imageboards and especially when they use them unceasingly, especially "text memes" which I guess you wouldn't technically call a "meme" but... well, y'know, stuff like >implying and >my face when (reaction faces can be funny sometimes, if used really well, but >mfw simply used in text is horribly annoying)

1. You obviously haven't met my network systems class. Literally everyone except my row uses a meme on almost anything they possibly can.
2. I hate this too, which is one reason I don't usually get new games. Or I just practice on my own first before going public.

Aug 31, 2010 at 11:21 PM
meep
I also hate when some dribbling idiot sends you a text message that's several characters over 160, so you get sent a second message that consists of half of the last word or something, especially annoying if you don't have unlimited texts. It's not hard to just reword something so it fits under the 160 limit.