Steam Sales 2014

Jun 20, 2014 at 3:46 AM
Melon Lord
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Decided to just make a General Thread for the Steam Sales of 2014. So while right now we're doing the Summer Sale, later on I'll just bump the thread for the Winter Sale.

So now we have the Steam Summer Sale. More flash sales, more games, and for some reason teams. You guys looking forward to anything made so far this year? Maybe a good deal on something you missed out on 2013's Winter Sale?

Personally I'm waiting for a good deal on Half-Life, The Stanley Parable, and Battleblock Theater.

Not sure on Dead Island.

Any games you guys recommend?

Jun 20, 2014 at 11:16 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
The original Dead Island? It's is a pretty fun game can be a pretty fun game with the right friend. It's fun to fight zombies with a buddy with your electrical, poisonous, flaming wrench that you toss and it comes back to you like a boomerang... (JUST DONT LOSE IT!)
Without someone to play with though, it'll probably become agitating...

Steam sale huh...

I shouldn't buy anything, but... let's see what kind of deals I can find.
Disclaimer: CHEAP.

Oh... I see MURI... $1.99. I'm tempted to get that... Remar worked on that game. (Iji)

Knytt Underground, $2.79, always liked Nifflas' early games... been wanting to try the latest... That's a fairly good deal.

Millennium - A New Hope, RPGmaker game, $2.39 ... might be curious about this one... (I've wishlisted most of the rpg releases on steam for my curiosity...)
EDIT : This game apparently is the first of 5 games. And the rest are currently unreleased on Steam. So... just a heads up.

One Way Heroics - Ohhh, this one is a niche rpg, not sure most people would like it, but for $0.89 cents... I am really tempted lol

Others I probably won't get but noticed:
The Witcher -enhanced edition- $1.99
I've read good things about this game, it's a bit older now, and the third one is coming...
Castle Crashers $3.74
Hmmm... still too expensive xD Not to mention you probably have to buy the DLC...

I do see half-life 1, $2.49 (anthology package for $3.74), pretty decent price. But, personally it looks a bit dated...
I'd wait for the Black Mesa remake release on steam myself... Not sure when it's coming though.
(Half-Life 2 on the other hand is $2 an episode, not bad.)

Escape Goat $2.49 ... A little bit too much, but I'm curious about that little puzzle game.

And the games I'd like to get if price was not an object:
Broken Age
XCOM's Enemy Within expansion DLC
Goat Simulator (lol)
Papers, Please
The Witcher 3, if the reviews are good
Bunny Must Die
Hate Analogue and Hate Plus
Volgarr the Viking
Duck Tales Remastered
Overgrowth might be amusing
Ultionus
Final Fantasy III
Hack n Slash
Age of Wonders 3
Secrets of Raetikon
Consortium (maybe)
Loren the Amazon Princess and Aveyond games lol
Stanley Parable
etc...

Jun 20, 2014 at 3:48 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I'm likely gonna take the safe route and wait on each daily/flash/community before I make any general buys.

Speaking of which, my first and only buy so far: Monaco for $1.49 (-90% on community).

Jun 20, 2014 at 4:53 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
BMD was awesome, I would definitely recommend giving it a shot if you have the money.

Jun 20, 2014 at 5:15 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
I prolly won't get around to playing it anytime this year, but when Spelunky and VVVVVV go on a flash sale I might pick them up, maybe.

That, or 1001 spikes.

Jun 20, 2014 at 10:38 PM
Melon Lord
So today's new Daily Deals just rolled in.

I'm interested in the Walking Dead games. Heard about how good they are. Season 2 is 50% off and about $12.50. The first one is 75% off and $6.25. I suggest getting both if you never got either. I might just stream this. Maybe not. Those sort of games can give a rough view at how a person thinks.

Jun 20, 2014 at 11:52 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
I wish my laptop charger didn't shit the bed. May need to download the steam app. I've been waiting for TWD season 2 to go on sale for awhile now

Jun 21, 2014 at 12:32 AM
Melon Lord
Wild Desu said:
I wish my laptop charger didn't shit the bed. May need to download the steam app. I've been waiting for TWD season 2 to go on sale for awhile now
Aye, I hope you can get TWD Season 2 in time.

I just noticed that the prequel DLC for Season 2, 400 Days, is also 50% off, making it $2.49. I might just get the entire thing for a good $21.22. Not sure if anyone would care to watch a stream of it, but we'll see.

The link to TWD Season 2 is here.

Jun 21, 2014 at 7:03 PM
Indie game enthusiast
So far only bought Paper's Please for 3$ on community choice.
I guess I'll wait for Walking Dead Season 2 to go on 60 or 70% off... I still haven't gotten around to playing the first season after all...

Jun 23, 2014 at 8:16 PM
Melon Lord
Probably going to buy Battleblock Theater since it's 90% off and I liked Castle Crashers. Borderlands 2 and it's GOTY Edition is 75% off, if any of you didn't get it yet.

On today's deals, I personally reccomend getting Rogue Legacy since it's 75% off ($3.75) and I loved the game when I got it some months ago. I'm hoping that Double Dragon Neon gets the Community vote. I like WayForward and its games (Shantae).

Jun 23, 2014 at 10:12 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I've gotten BattleBlock Theater, Slender: The Arrival, and Spelunky so far.
Staying up late has its advantages sometimes. (Spelunky)

Jun 26, 2014 at 11:07 PM
Indie game enthusiast
Jun 27, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Jun 27, 2014 at 12:08 AM
Indie game enthusiast
It's best to have a spare Facebook, and e-mail account whenever you are uncertain about such things. Though, I've used Bundle Stars and read PCGamer in the past, so it doesn't feel too shady.
But, skim the comments to hear various opinions on the matter.

EDIT: and apparently there might be 4 more free games in the coming weeks. No clue what they are though.

EDITEDIT: Oh, and I bought from Steam:
Super Wagon Adventure: Turbo
Castle Crashers + Pinkknight, Blackknight
One Way Heroics

EDITEDIT EDIT:
One Way Heroics, 0.89 cents.
It's quite Good. Much better than I would have guessed... Love the replay your quest feature, and ability to play in worlds others have been in (I think...)... Worth a look if the RPGmaker look doesn't turn you away!
p185299-0-2014062600002.jpg

Jun 29, 2014 at 6:26 PM
Melon Lord
I suggest looking at the Steam Page right now, because today's Featured Deals consist of 40 games from the past few Daily Deals brought together. Lots of good games in there, including The Walking Dead, Battleblock, Stanley, and others.

So let's see, my list of games bought were...

The Walking Dead Collection (Season 1 and 2, plus DLC): $21.22
Beat Hazard: $1.99
The Stanley Parable: $5.99
Battleblock Theatre: $3.74 (Paid with Steam Money from Community Market)
Epic Battle Fantasy 4: Free (Gift)

Not sure on Terraria ($1.99 right now).

Total so far: $29.21

Saved: $77.79

Jul 1, 2014 at 6:47 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I was gonna post this sooner, but I got lazy.

I managed to get (in order):
-BattleBlock Theater
-Slender: The Arrival
-Spelunky HD
-The Impossible Game
-Half-Life 2
-Team Fortress Classic
-FEZ

Jul 1, 2014 at 7:12 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I got two copies of One Way Heroics, which is a very nice game which I recommend to anyone who likes RPGs and Roguelikes even though I don't play either of those much. It is a good game.

Jul 1, 2014 at 7:36 PM
My full documented receipt (in no order):

Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine
A top-down co-op heist game about stealth and strategy.
-90% ($1.49)

Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons
An award-winning game where you control two characters simultaneously through a gameplay-driven story.
-80% ($2.99)

Serious Sam: The Random Encounter
A parody of JRPGs created by Vlambeer (Super Crate Box) about shooting endless enemies while running backwards.
-85% ($0.74)

To The Moon
An RPG with one of the best stories ever had in a video game (or so I heard).
-70% ($2.99)

Defy Gravity Extended
I honestly don't know what it is but apparently it has good mechanics and you actually EARN money by selling the trading cards.
-90% ($0.29)

Risk of Rain
A Rougelike where the game gets harder the longer you survive.
-75% ($2.49)

Rouge Legacy
Another Rougelike where each time you play your character (offspring of the previous) has different characteristics.
-75% ($3.74)

Gone Home
One of those artsy games where you solve the mystery of why your family isn't in your house when you return home.
-85% ($2.99)

Spelunky (Gifted to BLink)
A Sidescrolling Rougelike with random-generation about spelunking down mines and underground temples to get rich/go to hell.
-75% ($3.74)

SpaceChem (Free Steam Key + DLC)
I don't know but it was free and the DLC was cheap so I guess I'll find out sooner or later.
FREE + $0.39 for DLC.

Jul 8, 2014 at 7:55 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I don't know why I waited until now to post what I bought, but better late than never:
-BattleBlock Theater
I got it because I've seen gameplay of it and that it's multiplayer, though it'd be a bit more fun if my internet/my friend's computer didn't suck.
-Dust: An Elysian Tail
I noticed this when I was randomly looking through games and discussion topics on Steam, and fell in love with it. It went on Flash Sale near the end of the Summer Sales, but I'm happy with the 66% off deal I got it for.
-Garry's Mod
I grabbed this near the end of the sales because it's, well, G-Mod. With all the stuff you can do in it, 'nuff said.
-Magicka
I've seen gameplay of this, and I liked the idea of mixing elements into powerful (and usually chaotic) spells. I'm also a fan of its multiplayer, though I wish the one friend I have who can actually RUN it would feel like playing it more.
-Risk of Rain
I heard an opinion from a friend that originally turned me away from this, but a review from TotalBiscuit turned the tables (though I'm 85% sure that he wasn't doing good because he wasn't moving around/grinding that much). Strangely enough, I was able to connect to a European server for, like, over 1.5 hours before we lagged the game out.
-System Shock 2
One of my friends got this while it was on Flash Sale, told me that it has a multiplayer function, and asked me to get it. Only made sense that I should have, considering that it was around $1.50 at the time, though I haven't gotten around to playing it with him yet.
-Pink Knight DLC for Castle Crashers
I got this DLC instead of the Blacksmith because my friend already bought that one, and I personally like the Pink Knight's magic more.

I only have the discount for Dust listed because it's the only one I can remember off the top of my head, and I don't know where I can check how much the games were purchased for.