Starbound

Dec 14, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"

I'm probably far biased on the end of negativity because it's a bad habit of mine to expect something larger of a promise, and get angry when meeting that expectation fails, but everyone else is fine with it.

Something I read on the Terraria forum topic about it, linked >HERE<, stands to point out a fairly substantial point that I wholeheartedly agree with.

It's probable Starbound won't necessarily be bad at all, but it's just a lot of 'different' as opposed to a lot of 'better-than', or 'innovative'. I suppose if you're bored of Terraria you can go ahead and play Starbound as an equal alternative, but eh. I wouldn't spend the full price listed (or anything, really), but you're free to roll your eyes at me about that.

Dec 16, 2013 at 3:27 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Starbound is not Terraria 2 or Terraria In Space. It's a different game with similar mechanics. Judge it on its own terms, not based on how the Terraria-like aspects of it measure up against Terraria.

Dec 16, 2013 at 8:02 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
I could talk about how terrible the combat balance is but it's been patched a few times since I last played so that might be better now

Either way Giggleshark needs to have a design review meeting about why including so many weapons worse than the starting one(s) maybe wasn't such a good idea

Dec 16, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Professional Whatever
Including so many weapons*

Dec 16, 2013 at 12:09 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
To be fair most of them are procedurally generated so they just need to get the paramaters on that nailed down a bit

Jan 19, 2014 at 6:24 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Building can be fun, but without being able to do so in 3D it just doesn't seem as fun. I'm gonna wait a while to play again, like many people are doing, but I do intend to try it again.

I heard they were going to work on AI a lot, for monsters and NPC's. And the bosses are far from finished. And the jelly boss still reminds me of Spongebob which is great.