Spiral Knights! Special Offer from Yours Truly!

Nov 11, 2011 at 9:36 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"
Edit: 1 set given, 2 sets still left!

Also, I like to say now that this thread is intended for interested people. The main reason for this is that the initial part of acquiring access to Tier 2 is fairly difficult for new players. I'm here to try and ease that for a few new players. Please keep that in mind and do not ruin this oppurtinity for other people.

Oh, and do remember that this is just to get you access to the second part of the game. It's a fairly popular armor that most people use. If you decide to go with different sets, fine. I'm just here to help you with the initial slog.

I personally do not care if you wind up not liking the game. The only thing I request is that if you do, please create another thread and keep it out of this one.

Remember, I'm doing this little giveaway out of generosity. I most certainly do not have to do this. Please don't make me regret creating this thread.

Thanks.

----------------------

Not sure if any of you have ever heard of this awesome game, but if you haven't, look here now: Spiral Knights

Spiral knights is a Free-2-play MMO with Legend of Zelda type gameplay and a fair dose of shmup.

In addition to that, there are a few unique things that set this game apart from other MMOs.

Firstly, you have 100 Mist Energy that regenerates in a day. That's about 1 and a half runs a day. You can also buy Crystal Energy with money, which is more permanent and can have more of. HOWEVER, there is another way to get CE. You see, the games currency is crowns, and you can trade them for packs of 100 ce. What that means is that with time, you can access practically everything Spiral Knights has to offer. Considering I've played MMOs where you either pay up or quit to continue in the game, I find this to be freaking awesome.

Now, here comes the offer I have. First, send me a PM with your knights name so I'll have a list of potentials. Secondly, reach me in-game at haven in order to receive a full 2* armor set. My IGN is Cryoworld. Oh, and you MUST get to the rescue camp and go straight up to reach the passage to Haven. Finish that test to reach Haven. Use /tell Cryowold to let me know that you have successfully reached Haven in order to get your prize. This entails getting:

-wolver coat
-wolver cap
-owlite sheild
-calibur sword

What does this mean? Well, you see you need to have a full 2* set in order to access the second part of the game. (that, and you need to clear Tier 1 twice, but that's fairly simple) I am giving this away for free.

REMEMBER, THIS IS A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS. WHOEVER THE THREE ARE WILL GET THE ITEMS.

Also, as a side note: if you have steam, please friend me before hand. There's something nice if I can get 5 new knights to haven.

P.S.: Even if you don't get the set, don't worry. I'm in a crafting mood at the moment and I might make you a set. Just let me know. That, and college is kinda eating up my time so I have ME to spend. :cool: Just be warned I'll be using only ME, so it'll take about 2 days for me to make you a full set.

Nov 11, 2011 at 10:33 PM
Banned
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I played that for a bit, and kind of got distracted. I really dunno what half of everything does, so I wouldn't know what to do with the armor and stuff if I got it anyways. It is a lot of fun though, I can vouch for that.

Nov 12, 2011 at 1:11 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Tried it. I really like the art style/concept, combat seems a little bit slow but I could use a new time-waster anyway. Any other newcomers will get to watch me spin in circles and constantly walk backwards :)

Nov 12, 2011 at 10:11 PM
inactive user
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I tried, man, but meh. the window is ~70 pixels too tall for my screen, so i can't see the hud. it also crashes whenever i try to change that.
somehow i managed to create a lightning sword and gun though. the gameplay is fun, but could use some optimizing. and a lot of tutorials.

Nov 13, 2011 at 3:21 AM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"
sixtyseconds said:
I tried, man, but meh. the window is ~70 pixels too tall for my screen, so i can't see the hud. it also crashes whenever i try to change that.
somehow i managed to create a lightning sword and gun though. the gameplay is fun, but could use some optimizing. and a lot of tutorials.

Really? Have you tried deselecting full-screen and then changing it?

Nov 13, 2011 at 3:19 PM
inactive user
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Cyowolf1122 said:
Really? Have you tried deselecting full-screen and then changing it?

It isn't full screen. When i try to change resolution it crashes.

FAIR WARNING: it defaults into full voice chat, so the other players heard some retarded comments by my little bro. :droll:

Nov 13, 2011 at 4:57 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"
Dunc2403 said:
Umm... Steam won't let me send you a friend request. It said you could though. Would you mind doing that? Steam name is dunc2403.

Well, considering that neither of those names given are my steam name, that would be mighty hard to friend me. durp. Never thought to add my steam name.

Anyhoo, Steam name is Cyowolf.

Also, I can't seem to find you. Are you sure you gave me your steam name and not your steam forums name? Or your knights name, for that matter.

Nov 13, 2011 at 5:55 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
No, like, I used thae link in your sig and tried. Steam said that I wasn't allowed to friend you because I haven't bought anything yet. But I can sign in with dunc2403, so I don't know why you can't friend me.

Nov 13, 2011 at 6:03 PM
Banned
That was the thing, they set it up so you had to buy something to be able to like friend and message other people. It was to prevent spambots I think.

Nov 13, 2011 at 8:16 PM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I would play this game (its genre even fits my intrests), but...
Cyowolf1122 said:
Free-2-play
That has been a major turn-off for almost two years now.

[RANT]
When I was a small boy, I had the encouragement that iPhone gaming could compete with the PSP and the Nintendo DS in terms of quality, mainly because of ngmoco and other developers' selection of quality games. With the realease of iOS 3 (which was, at the time, called iPhone OS 3.0) and its In-App purchases available in free apps, the iPhone AppStore has been flooded with many, many, many freemium games. One of the first developers to use this was ngmoco in the free version of Rolando 2. That's what IAPs were meant for. Unfortunately, the same developers had to implement it in their freemium game Eliminate, which they failed miserably at. As time went by, they cancelled Rolando 3 because HandCircus would not allow them to implement IAP in the full version of the game, and they (ngmoco) were purchased by DeNA, another developer of social games, therefore setting their fate.

Don't get me wrong. People are still making good games for the AppStore; just not as much.
[/RANT]

In short, the iPhone has discouraged me from checking out the game and others (like TF2, for example).
I am also worried about Steam as a whole, fearing that they will take the same direction, but the ratio of quality games to shitty games is far greater than the AppStore. We'll just have to see how that turns out after a while.

Nov 14, 2011 at 9:17 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"
To any that want the offers: Please, FRIEND ME IN SPIRAL KNIGHTS. Sometimes I just log into steam but don't actually go online for the steam friends list. Plus, if you friend me in Spiral knights, it will give me a notification when you log in.

Dec 8, 2011 at 12:40 AM
Banned
What's your name on SK? I finally started getting into playing, so I'll friend ya.