Sonic 4

May 21, 2012 at 2:13 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Sonic 4: Episode 2 arrived on the PS3 and Xbox 360 (among other platforms) a few days ago, so I wanted to see your opinions on the games, even if you haven't played them. These games are, of course, not on par with the original games on the Mega Drive, but I do believe they have some redeeming value. The level design (on Episode 1 at least, IMO) isn't very bad, I find the music enjoyable, and the visuals are nice and pretty. The Sonic franchise has not been doing well for quite a long time, but some of the most recent games aren't half bad, including the Sonic 4 Episodes, I think. So what do you think of all of this?

May 21, 2012 at 2:56 AM
The Preacher
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
It came out on PC too, you know.

May 21, 2012 at 3:19 AM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Oh god Sonic 4 Episode 1 don;t mention that.
The physics, level design, and the difficulty (note: astonishingly easy), has been total setbacks/made the game insanely dull. Never had the will to complete that at all. It's like Sega put no effort into that and focused more on Sonic Colors/Generations, and I find that insanely disappointing/makes me lose hope in them.

Although, Sonic 4.2 looks somewhat promising, and from what I have heard they have fixed those flaws in Sonic 4.1, so I'll give it a try when it's on sale on PC or the iOS

May 21, 2012 at 4:32 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
The physics, level design, and the difficulty (note: astonishingly easy), has been total setbacks/made the game insanely dull. Never had the will to complete that at all.  It's like Sega put no effort into that and focused more on Sonic Colors/Generations, and I find that insanely disappointing/makes me lose hope in them.

Although, Sonic 4.2 looks somewhat promising, and from what I have heard they have fixed those flaws in Sonic 4.1, so I'll give it a try when it's on sale on PC or the iOS

Hm, I really am in that small minority that prefers Episode 1 over the second one. If you hated the first one because of the physics and lack of compelling gimmicks, you'll probably really like Episode 2. >_>" I never really cared all that much about the physics being spot-on. Sure, it's nice, but I really just care about the level design and gameplay. I feel like Episode 2 was worse in that aspect, but I don't speak for everybody else.

Jul 3, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
The physics, level design, and the difficulty (note: astonishingly easy), has been total setbacks/made the game insanely dull. Never had the will to complete that at all. It's like Sega put no effort into that and focused more on Sonic Colors/Generations, and I find that insanely disappointing/makes me lose hope in them.

I kinda liked Sonic 4 Episode 1 (Flame sheild activated).

Anyhow, this game is amazing.
Its not the best Sonic game ever, but it is still on my top 10.

Jul 3, 2012 at 10:27 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
I guess by now I do like Episode 2, mostly because I was playing it wrong before. I didn't realize the developers intended me to use Tails multiple times each level, before I was playing the majority of the levels without ever using Tails, unless it was necessary. Sky Fortress 1 is still crap, though.

Jul 3, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I was not pleased with Episode 1, so I didn't bother to buy it. I actually watched my friends play Episode 2 at PAX East back in April, and it looked like an improvement if anything. I'm not an avid Sonic player, so I'm not sure if I'll get Episode 2. I probably won't, come to think of it. At least it's better than Episode 1.

Jul 5, 2012 at 8:18 AM
Banned
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I'm not a big fan of sonic. my lil sis is. more like overly obsessed. she wants this game so bad, all i hear is, mom can i get xbox points? I've only seen the demo, and its the snowy place. WHAT THE FU*K!? i thought that was like, the 5th world, or at least i think its the 5th world on sonic advance. anyways it looks like a good game.