[Softmints] Corridor

May 19, 2007 at 1:43 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Allow me to explain.

I cannot have 100 corridors because I have to keep it to 94 for the bosses to work.
The style is Hell throughout the entire game. I will modify the Hell tileset for some levels (water, moving blocks).

To beat the game properly, one must do everything in one run, timed, Nemesis. For practice, I will make a special access corridor which only opens as you beat every 10 levels (for practice).

I cannot have 1 health. My attempts at this have failed, I would like 1 health but I think the engine disallows it.

I prefer the option of health scaling so players can play on their own level. Of course, this means that you're not playing the real game, but it's there for fun. I have also added the Polar Star option, and began numbering versions so everyone knows which they have.

---

Tomorrow I will add the deleveling powerup at the start of each level (except three, five, others which can't use it). It uses the <ZAM function, setting all weapons to level 1.

---

Just edited Five (added one needed block) and the Polar Star (as an option for fun/weaker players).

May 19, 2007 at 1:46 AM
Slacker
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
94 corridors in one go. Man I got a lot of work to do, I'm still failing at 4 and 5 hahah

For purposes of maybe giving feedback, I could record myself playing through parts, trying my best to go fast.

May 19, 2007 at 2:08 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
That's pretty cool, I'm on Trillian (MSN) at softmints@jwebireland.com if you want to talk tomorrow. If you're having difficulty in some areas, I can upload recordings of how to do things.

---

I actually have a perfect recording of Five, but I can't get it into a decent format!

May 19, 2007 at 2:11 AM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Softmints said:
Allow me to explain.

I cannot have 100 corridors because I have to keep it to 94 for the bosses to work.
The style is Hell throughout the entire game. I will modify the Hell tileset for some levels (water, moving blocks).

lol... Allrite if you say so, but then you've got a special new version of Sue's that one I downloaded allows me to add 100 Corridors and setting the bosses for every of them...

Softmints said:
To beat the game properly, one must do everything in one run, timed, Nemesis. For practice, I will make a special access corridor which only opens as you beat every 10 levels (for practice).

But without time ;P

Softmints said:
I cannot have 1 health. My attempts at this have failed, I would like 1 health but I think the engine disallows it.

Not really mate, just open the game with a hex editor and edit:

0x014BCF - Current Health at start
0x014BD8 - Max Health at start

Anyhow you can edit everything there are no limitations...

Softmints said:
Just edited Five (added one needed block) and the Polar Star (as an option for fun/weaker players).

Not right, because if you're playing with 25 health for example Polar Star is harder to play with but not if you play with 3 Health...

Also you should upgrade your doukutsu version to 1.0.0.6....

May 19, 2007 at 2:58 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
May 19, 2007 at 4:07 AM
Slacker
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Softmints said:
That's pretty cool, I'm on Trillian (MSN) at softmints@jwebireland.com if you want to talk tomorrow. If you're having difficulty in some areas, I can upload recordings of how to do things.

---

I actually have a perfect recording of Five, but I can't get it into a decent format!

I don't have MSN but I guess I can try to get one, I usually use aim (Chaddical)

May 19, 2007 at 5:36 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I was thinking about making a new mod for a while, either doing pretty much what you are doing now, or just redoing many areas throughout the whole game to up the difficulty a lot. Now that you are making the gauntlet style thing I was thinking about, I guess I'll just use my other idea. :p

May 19, 2007 at 1:33 PM
Can someone please explain Gauntlet? I don't understand it. Trillian combines all the main chat programs - I have AIM as well under the same address. I've never used it before, but I doubt it'll be hard.

May 19, 2007 at 1:56 PM
Hoxtilicious
Softmints said:
Can someone please explain Gauntlet? I don't understand it. Trillian combines all the main chat programs - I have AIM as well under the same address. I've never used it before, but I doubt it'll be hard.

So whats about Health, Bosses and Doukutsu Version? :p

May 19, 2007 at 11:06 PM
Health, I will change when I can. Bosses will be kept in their usual maps. Version?

Can you describe exactly how to do it?

May 19, 2007 at 11:45 PM
Hoxtilicious
Softmints said:
Health, I will change when I can. Bosses will be kept in their usual maps. Version?

Can you describe exactly how to do it?

To do what? To change health, to change bosses, to change version?

May 20, 2007 at 3:19 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
ShInInG PhAnToM said:
To do what? To change health, to change bosses, to change version?

i think he ment version

May 20, 2007 at 11:56 AM
How do I make the maximum life 1? That's all I want to know.

May 20, 2007 at 12:25 PM
Hoxtilicious
Softmints said:
How do I make the maximum life 1? That's all I want to know.

Oh right!

Better read my posts next time... :p

ShInInG PhAnToM said:
Softmints said:
Allow me to explain.

lol... Allrite if you say so, but then you've got a special new version of Sue's that one I downloaded allows me to add 100 Corridors and setting the bosses for every of them...

Softmints said:

But without time ;P

Softmints said:

Not really mate, just open the game with a hex editor and edit:

Anyhow you can edit everything there are no limitations...

Softmints said:

Not right, because if you're playing with 25 health for example Polar Star is harder to play with but not if you play with 3 Health...

Also you should upgrade your doukutsu version to 1.0.0.6....

May 20, 2007 at 2:33 PM

Yeah, I saw this. And I have a hex editor. So what now? Do I swap these?

May 20, 2007 at 2:44 PM
Hoxtilicious
Softmints said:

Yeah, I saw this. And I have a hex editor. So what now? Do I swap these?

You just go there and edit the value...

May 20, 2007 at 2:47 PM
To what? I don't see a '3' there anywhere.

May 20, 2007 at 3:04 PM
Hoxtilicious
Softmints said:
To what? I don't see a '3' there anywhere.

Because of your outdated version, all hacking stuff posted here is for version 1.0.0.6, thats why I said you should upgrade it, and im sure that new Sue's wont have any support for the old version, because its too much different from the new version :/

May 20, 2007 at 8:52 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Corridor meet recycle bin.....

Too hard for me, stupid angel things, stupid deathtraps, stupid squishy things

May 20, 2007 at 9:38 PM
I am guessing you have not even managed level 1. Are you the type of player who likes Cave Story for Yamashita Farm? Is that your favorite level? The Graveyard is a challenge?
p12175-0-rofl.gif

Ah, I'm only kidding with you. But this is for the better players, and I happen to be someone who adores a challenge. If it's not your type, that's a shame, but no mods I make will suit you at all.