So I restarted a hack...

Jul 15, 2008 at 12:58 AM
The Bartender
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Metalogz said:
Well... maybe you could do that after you're done with the game basics ;D

Good luck! ^^"
Well, each weapon level is essentially a weapon in its own right: it has its own seperate code entry and shot ID, even though it's the same basic weapon. Out of 30 unique weapons, each level means, well, coding an extra 30 weapons. Past experience with The Original Sin shows that coding a weapon doesn't happen overnight, so I'm reluctant to add more. Not to mention that since weapon levels work with class "rank", an extra level would also mean 4 additional "classes"...

But again, this hack is supposed to be a challenge. I'm copying the idea into my notes. I'm thininking of creating some unlockables (like what beating Hell does for the title screen, only something more useful...) so I can start going nuts with those once I've gotten the main game done. Perhaps I can work on an "easy" mode where you have an extra class level / weapon level, eventually.

(It's 8 pm and I just woke up. Being on vacation rocks. I don't even know which day we are anyway. Ha!)

(By the way, I do keep track of who suggests what - credit goes where credit is due. So far, I have this.

Code:
SP Gardebiter: Gender
Metalogz: Fast attack
Roonil Wazlib: Run key, Class Upgrades

Correct me if anything's wrong.)

Jul 15, 2008 at 4:08 AM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
RuneLancer said:
By the way, I do keep track of who suggests what - credit goes where credit is due. So far, I have this.

Code:

Correct me if anything's wrong.

Thanks for mention me :)
It's "S. P. Gardebiter" though :o

Jul 15, 2008 at 9:07 AM
The Bartender
Roonil Wazlib said:
Actually the run key was your own idea from original sin, Rune. I just mentioned it here. :o

Thanks for it though ^_^
Well, it was, yes. But I totally forgot about it and had no plans for it in this hack. So the credit for the idea goes to you.

And on the 7th day, God played Starcraft... :)

Jul 16, 2008 at 11:54 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Oh yeah, you know on the title screen, when you choose New Game or Load Game right? Quote usually stands beside the New and Continue, depending on which you're beside. Is it possible to make it such that it's the character you've chosen as the one to be beside the Load/New instead? Because even equipping the mimiga mask will not put Mimiga Mask Quote as the one beside the New/Load button.

Jul 16, 2008 at 12:00 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
RuneLancer said:
But again, this hack is supposed to be a challenge. I'm copying the idea into my notes. I'm thininking of creating some unlockables (like what beating Hell does for the title screen, only something more useful...) so I can start going nuts with those once I've gotten the main game done. Perhaps I can work on an "easy" mode where you have an extra class level / weapon level, eventually.

(It's 8 pm and I just woke up. Being on vacation rocks. I don't even know which day we are anyway. Ha!)

(By the way, I do keep track of who suggests what - credit goes where credit is due. So far, I have this.

Code:

Correct me if anything's wrong.)

xD I hope half your brain wins the war with the other half!

Btw thx :D

Jul 16, 2008 at 5:47 PM
Hoxtilicious
Starcraft rulez <3
*plays starcraft himself*

Jul 17, 2008 at 12:23 AM
Slacker
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
dood someone play me in starcraft sometime.

Jul 17, 2008 at 1:40 AM
Hoxtilicious
JacobX891 said:
Dude wtf is Starcraft?

Dude wtf is Google?

Wtf is ontopic anyway? :p

Jul 17, 2008 at 7:32 AM
The Bartender
Well, I intend to start inserting the title screen code today, so we'll see how that goes. Chances are I won't be here much during the day though. Nor the night. In fact I may be very, very mashed up by the time the night is through. But expect an update friday - my deadline's drawing close after all! :p

Jul 17, 2008 at 9:43 AM
Justin-chan
Oh well, you can implement a climbing system as well, like, to scale cliffs and stuff.

And a if you fall from a high place, you hurt yourself when you land.

Jul 17, 2008 at 4:25 PM
Luls
jcys810 said:
Oh well, you can implement a climbing system as well, like, to scale cliffs and stuff.

And a if you fall from a high place, you hurt yourself when you land.

Olol nice idea.

OMG YES I WANTED TO ASK YOU RUNE.

Issit possible to include a <<ninja rope>> <--(not sure what this is really called roflmao. Just took the name from "Worms") in your mod?

That'll be so cool xD

Jul 17, 2008 at 6:18 PM
Hoxtilicious
Hmm, a towrope would be nice.
What about latters? :p

Jul 18, 2008 at 8:56 AM
Luls
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Hmm, a towrope would be nice.
What about latters? :D

Eh.... What are latters? O_o

Please insult me if this question seems retarded to you. xD

Jul 18, 2008 at 11:59 AM
Justin-chan
Jul 18, 2008 at 3:26 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Wow, Runelancer, your ambitious projects never cease to amaze me. I personally thought that 'Original Sin' would be the last thing I would see from you. I can't wait to see a demo of this new mod your working on.
Metalogz said:
Issit possible to include a <<ninja rope>> <--(not sure what this is really called roflmao. Just took the name from "Worms") in your mod?
What? Like a grappling hook? Yeah, That would be cool :D . But, I can't see this being anymore than just a gimmick, unless you could make a use for it (for example, making some areas only accessible via grappling hook).
jcys810 said:
I'm guessing S.P. means letters, not latters because the word latters makes no sense.
Are you sure? I think what S. P. meant to say was ladders.

Jul 18, 2008 at 5:16 PM
Luls
The Mulletron said:
What? Like a grappling hook? Yeah, That would be cool :D . But, I can't see this being anymore than just a gimmick, unless you could make a use for it (for example, making some areas only accessible via grappling hook).

Yeah. Maybe you could make it such that you'll need it more as an item rather than a weapon. Like... To reach for something between spikes...

Then you'll have to aim with a corsshair to latch onto the item to get it... etc... :o

Or maybe you could make it a weapon that drags enemies towards you so you can do your melee stunts xD