So, How did YOU find out about Cave Story?

Aug 26, 2018 at 1:16 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I know this is a bit cringey but before I knew about CS , I first played Undertale

You know, just playing Undertale isn't inherently cringy... It's just how you use the knowledge of the game that can be cringy. So, don't feel bad, man.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2018 at 6:52 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
A friend from another forum kept talking about Cave Story, so one day I decided to download it to see what the fuss was about

I really did not realize what I had been missing until then

Aug 27, 2018 at 12:05 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
You know, just playing Undertale isn't inherently cringy... It's just how you use the knowledge of the game that can be cringy. So, don't feel bad, man.
Oh look, someone who doesn't judge others by the games they play. You are rare.

Aug 27, 2018 at 3:29 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Oh look, someone who doesn't judge others by the games they play. You are rare.
Most of us are fine with Undertale, but we're all a bit guilty on meming about its fanbase.

Aug 27, 2018 at 9:16 PM
"Huzzah!"
I found out about cave story when I was watching some videos about indie games and one of those indie games were cave story
as time went on I started to get more and more interested in cave story.
I was pretty much trying to get into a lot of indie games.

Aug 29, 2018 at 4:21 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Most of us are fine with Undertale, but we're all a bit guilty on meming about its fanbase.
We all meme about the fanbase, so there is nothing to be guilty about lol

Sep 1, 2018 at 9:09 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I think I seen it on Steam.

Sep 1, 2018 at 10:16 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Me and my brother got the Cave Story demo on our Wii when we were bored and wanted to play some new, cool lookin' games in March of 2012. Later we found the freeware version and played the heck out of that. Then we started getting every version of Cave Story we could get our grubby little hands on. All I need now is that darn Switch version... Still don't have a Switch yet, dangit...

Sep 28, 2018 at 6:01 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I played alot of modded terraria and found the composer for a specific mod's soundtrack, found his cave story remixes that sounded awesome, googled cave story and instantly fell in love with it.

Sep 30, 2018 at 4:07 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
bcomp

I wonder how many people will recognize what I'm referring to.

Oct 7, 2018 at 1:33 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I presumably discovered Cave Story through some meme from 2 years and 10 months ago about Cave Story ripping off Undertale.

Nov 3, 2018 at 12:11 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I was Introduced after I received $10 on my 3DS, and decided to take a look at it. It seemed pretty cool so I decided to get it, and now this game is just so nostalgic to me.

Jan 21, 2019 at 12:07 AM
I downloaded the Wii demo when I was a lot younger, and I got stuck on Mimiga Village. :awesomeface:
Anyways, I kinda forgot about Cave Story until I just thought about my younger years and happened to think about Cave Story, and then I decided to buy the 3DS version. And then the Switch version.
Look at me now.

Jan 22, 2019 at 6:01 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I downloaded the Wii demo when I was a lot younger, and I got stuck on Mimiga Village. :awesomeface:
Anyways, I kinda forgot about Cave Story until I just thought about my younger years and happened to think about Cave Story, and then I decided to buy the 3DS version. And then the Switch version.
Look at me now.
this is literally exactly what happened with me wtf

Jan 31, 2019 at 3:49 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Look at me now.
Haha, so did I! I was around 9 years old at the time and didn't really have much gaming experience outside of Mario and the likes, so I ended up very confused and lost. I didn't even make it to the first fight with Balrog, in the shack. About a year ago I started thinking about it again and downloaded the freeware Mac version and got hooked. I later bought Cave Story+ on Steam and then the Switch copy. It's probably one of my top 5 games of all time now.

Jan 31, 2019 at 9:50 AM
I basically found out because of emulation.
How I found out about emulation is a different story.
I opened RetroArch for the first time and saw this emulator for this "console" called cave story. There were similar things done with minecraft, doom, and some dinosaur-ice-box-game. I googled cave story and found out via google it was ported to many consoles, I tried out Cave Story on RetroAcrch ( the Ipod I played it on was about 2x5 inches) I couldn't get past first cave due to my Ipod being the shity thing it is so I tried it out on my laptop and got hooked up.
Now I'm busy convincing my friend to also download cavestory because it is so lightweight and free but he won't.

Jan 31, 2019 at 5:59 PM
this is literally exactly what happened with me wtf
Haha, so did I! I was around 9 years old at the time and didn't really have much gaming experience outside of Mario and the likes, so I ended up very confused and lost. I didn't even make it to the first fight with Balrog, in the shack. About a year ago I started thinking about it again and downloaded the freeware Mac version and got hooked. I later bought Cave Story+ on Steam and then the Switch copy. It's probably one of my top 5 games of all time now.
Holy shit! I did not realize other peeps had the same (or similar) first impressions (idk what the proper word is lol) as me!

Jan 31, 2019 at 8:51 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I first discovered Cave Story via the Wii demo. Then I skipped straight to the computer version.

Feb 1, 2019 at 4:02 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
didn't know this was common lol