So, How did YOU find out about Cave Story?

May 10, 2018 at 1:50 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
"Hey, Quote! The enemies have no idea that they can just shoot below our umbrellas!"
I think the most danger they'd be in is from the Butes flying wildly around, but they'd probably splatter like bugs on a windshield, so...

"Come to the Floating Island, a beautiful paradise filled with giant frogs, bats, an evil eldritch piece of headwear, giant bugs, an iron-masked fish, and lovely scenery! Also, ghosts, golems, an ancient machine guardian, and many, many more fantastic things. Just fill out these forms saying we're not liable for any injuries that may occur."

May 12, 2018 at 8:25 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I first found out about it from RetroPie on the Raspberry Pi in March 2015; I was 10 (super close to 11) back then. I played it, died, dropped it, and played it again a day later. I got better at it and I began to love it. Now, it is one of my favorite games.

Last edited:
May 12, 2018 at 10:34 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I first found out about it from RetroPie on the Raspberry Pi in March 2015; I was 10 (super close to 11) back then. I played it, died, dropped it, and played it again a day later. I got better at it and I began to love it. Now, it is one of my favorite games.

You can play it on a pi?

Also, welcome to the site.

May 12, 2018 at 10:42 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
You can play it on a pi?

Also, welcome to the site.

Well, thanks. But yeah, there is a open-source Cave Story engine clone called NXEngine. Go Google it.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2018 at 2:12 PM
How were you introduced to CS?
First heard of Cave story with the lyrics song but didn't try it.
Then I found out it was free game made by one guy in just 4 years and bla bla bla,
so I try it with the french version and loved it.

Jul 28, 2018 at 4:47 AM
Why the french version?

Jul 28, 2018 at 7:06 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I first found out about Cave story about 6 years ago, when I was going through the DSi shop and decided to use some points I had gotten to get the game. I remember not knowing anything about the game, other than that it was on the front page of the store at the time, at least I think it was. Like I said, its been years.

Jul 31, 2018 at 8:15 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I saw a trailer for Cave Story on the Wii Shop before it came out on there. I was I though it looked pretty cool and retro and stuff, plus I liked the music. I wanted to buy something for my Wii from Wiiware anyway since things on there were so cheap, so I got some Wii Point cards and grabbed CS, Ristar, Comix Zone, and a cool looking 3D flying game were you rode on dragons.

The Dragon game ended up being a broken piece of shit and Comix Zone was way too hard and focused on micromanaging your health while getting damaged every time you attacked, and I could have found out about both of those games had I looked them up. That's when my young self first learned to not buy games without checking reviews online first.

I also learned I loved Cave Story and Ristar. Played CS up to a point and learned it had a true ending. Started over to get it but screwed up getting into the Waterway door and saved. I started over once again and got the true end for the first and last time until recently (on Easy Mode). Loved it every since.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2018 at 5:35 AM
I downloaded the wii demo at like five. Years layer i thought of that game i had downloaded years ago so i googled it - got the 3ds port. Not sure if ive already told this before.

Aug 14, 2018 at 5:54 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Re: How were you introduced to CS?

Two words: pure chance

Aug 14, 2018 at 6:08 PM
Re: How were you introduced to CS?

Two words: pure chance
Thats how i find out about games sometimes. I remember once i figured out what doom was because of prboom coming preinstalled in my 3ds' homebrew wjew I hacked it lol

Aug 16, 2018 at 8:50 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I found out cavestory when I was downloading apps off the PPSSPP Homebrew Store. Cavestory was one of them. It was the only game that worked on my psp. This was 3 years ago.

Aug 17, 2018 at 12:06 AM
I was browsing through the 3ds eshop indie game section, and found Ikachan. I thought it was pretty cool after I played it, so I decided to check out Pixel's other games.

Aug 17, 2018 at 5:02 AM
3ds eshop version wad the first one i completed

Aug 21, 2018 at 1:38 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
It was like around 2011 where i was into action-platform games, one day i searched in google for something new, Cave Story showed up, downloaded and play it, it was then were it became one of my favorites games, the gameplay , characters, the plot, the music, all looked so nice. And at the time i haven't realized all that was made by only one person, until much later. Pixel is just awesome.

Aug 21, 2018 at 2:30 AM
I like how your pfp has a terraria char with quotes hat lol

Aug 21, 2018 at 3:25 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I like how your pfp has a terraria char with quotes hat lol
Yeah, another reason why i like this game, Quote's hat is nice looking

Aug 25, 2018 at 5:48 AM
Contributing to spammy posting (off-topic, lack of content, etc)
Aug 26, 2018 at 12:53 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I know this is a bit cringey but before I knew about CS , I first played Undertale, I actually liked the game so much that I tried other games that inspired it. First was earthbound, and then ,eventually cave story .
#1, oh and quote's cap was in terraria (which I didn't play a lot but somehow managed to get the robot cap easily, I was lucky) so when I saw quote I recognized the cap.