So, How did YOU find out about Cave Story?

Mar 7, 2015 at 1:20 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I was introduced by GoergeBobicles.

I intend to play it when I can buy it.

Mar 17, 2015 at 3:04 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I want to say I found out about Cave Story through Brentalfloss but I don't exactly remember

Mar 17, 2015 at 3:21 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Xemous said:
I want to say I found out about Cave Story through Brentalfloss but I don't exactly remember
Was it his Cave Story With Lyrics video?

Mar 17, 2015 at 5:08 AM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
TLincoln said:
Was it his Cave Story With Lyrics video?
no
no it was that other video brentalfloss did on cave story
remember that one
the one that lots of people saw and it's clearly implied that that's what this guy meant due to how popular that was
because more people saw that thing than his lyrics video therefore it's completely obvious it was that thing
also brentalfloss does more of that video than other videos so when someone mentions brentalfloss they mean that thing and not his with lyrics videos

Mar 17, 2015 at 5:26 AM
War criminal
So it's his Cave Story Without Lyrics video, then.

Mar 17, 2015 at 4:19 PM
TLincoln said:
So it's his Cave Story Without Lyrics video, then.
Yep.

Jul 17, 2017 at 1:09 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I listened to Brentalfloss' Cave Story With Lyrics video, fuckin loved the main theme, tried the game, loved that too, and have been playing and recommending it ever since.

Jul 17, 2017 at 7:23 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
My Grandma bought me a DSI store gift card for my birthday when I was 7, and as I was browsing the store the games' icon caught my eye. After debating for a few moments, I decided to buy it. And since then I've been obsessed with it.

Jul 18, 2017 at 12:21 AM
Based Member
I listened to Brentalfloss' Cave Story With Lyrics video, fuckin loved the main theme, tried the game, loved that too, and have been playing and recommending it ever since.
Yay for Brentalfloss! I love that guy. It's funny, because it's reverse for me. I found out about him through Cave Story; the first video of his I saw was "Cave Story with lyrics".

Jul 20, 2017 at 2:48 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
My cousin had it on 3DS. I was up all night playing it, and i would wake him up just to ask, "Whaddo i do now? Take { to the cabin? Ok u cn go back to bed now g'night." I think he got annoyed really fast, since he never gave it back to me for like a day or 2. Then i got it back and got to hell and I flipped out and gave up.

Jul 20, 2017 at 8:10 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I learned about it though the now gone Tips and Tricks magazine cause there was a section about Warioware D.I.Y. I got the WiiWare version first, and now I'm here as a senior member.

Aug 12, 2017 at 4:21 AM
It Really Do Be Like That Sometimes
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I heard about it on YouTube videos about a year ago, so I checked it out on the 3ds eshop, absolutely loved it. I soon after bought cave story+ and original versions. Then I was on my Wii and noticed that I had enough Wii points, so I downloaded it. I was determined to beat hell at this point. Eventually I did on the 3ds version, and the rest followed suit. Once that happened the switch version was announced so I grabbed that and started speed running hell. A week ago, I finally achieved my goal of under 3 minutes, and now I'm here.

Aug 30, 2017 at 6:15 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I heard about it on YouTube videos about a year ago, so I checked it out on the 3ds eshop, absolutely loved it. I soon after bought cave story+ and original versions. Then I was on my Wii and noticed that I had enough Wii points, so I downloaded it. I was determined to beat hell at this point. Eventually I did on the 3ds version, and the rest followed suit. Once that happened the switch version was announced so I grabbed that and started speed running hell. A week ago, I finally achieved my goal of under 3 minutes, and now I'm here.
nice

Aug 31, 2017 at 9:48 PM
Around two years ago I went deep into the shitposting side of youtube and found this :
I liked the tune enough to try and find where it was from. And it introduced me to my favorite game.

I'm not even joking.

Nov 3, 2017 at 3:32 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I bought a Switch a few months ago. I had always heard good things about Cave Story years and years ago but I just never picked it up. I was recently at a store and saw it there and just decided now was the time to play it. I was surprised by the manual and mini cd..super cool bonus....I LOVE the game and really regret not picking this game up sooner... It feels like I have been missing out on a super awesome game for all these years...

Nov 4, 2017 at 3:47 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I heard about cave story around early 2nd grade: When I got home, my boredom would get the best of me and I would browse my Wii and it's native applications. It was here I found a video about Cave Story via what I think was called the "Nintendo Network." From that day on I was hooked, and I've been part of the community up until now.

Nov 5, 2017 at 1:16 PM
"Huzzah!"
A friend showed it to me. First thing they did was make me try hell. Got to third room with controls advice that was lacking. Now look where I am.