So, How did YOU find out about Cave Story?

Mar 19, 2011 at 10:12 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Re: How were you introduced to CS?

Had massive collection of freeware games on a disc i got with a games magazine,
THats when i started playing freeware and learnt about games such as Knytt and Trackmania nations :debug:

Mar 20, 2011 at 2:47 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"

I was bored during Spring break and therefor started looking for free indie games to take up my time.

I came across another game called "An Untitled Story." I at one point got stuck and looked up a guide. I instead found a review that said the following:

Third, [An Untitled Story] is the best freeware platform game I have ever played (If you just had the urge to babble furiously about bunny-people and amnesiac androids, you can relax. I like Cave Story, too.)

When I eventually got tired of AUS, I remembered this quote, downloaded CS and was promptly blown away.

Mar 20, 2011 at 5:40 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Mar 21, 2011 at 2:23 AM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"

Fiver said:
I came across another game called "An Untitled Story."

Was that game a spin off of Cave Story, or a completely different game?

Mar 21, 2011 at 10:09 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"

Cave Story said:
you heard a large white space?

Yes, and I listend it for 5 times before I played the game.

Mar 27, 2011 at 8:55 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

I was reading a REALLY old game informer issue while I was sick, and saw Cave Story got an 8.5. I looked it up, saw the PC version was free, and decided to give it a shot.

And now I love it.

Mar 27, 2011 at 10:15 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."

I got hooked on Cave Story this past Christmas. I got a 200 Nintendo Point card and was looking for something to download when I saw Cave Story. I remembered reading about how good a game it was in Nintendo Power earlier, so I decided to download it. I was hooked before the Egg Corridor.

Mar 27, 2011 at 10:58 PM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"

Retro Menace said:
I was reading a REALLY old game informer issue while I was sick, and saw Cave Story got an 8.5.

Come on, it wasn't that old!

Apr 15, 2011 at 12:13 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"

Hello to all of you :mahin: I'm new here but I've been reading some of your topics and decided to join.

I remember I was 8 when my father told me about the game and how awesome it was and still is and since then I kept playing it again and again for almost 7 times :awesomeface:

Apr 15, 2011 at 12:38 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"

I saw it on a list of free Mac games. I downloaded it and was completely hooked immediately by the gameplay and the oddball storyline. I had to beat it, and I didn't play any other games at all until I did.

Apr 21, 2011 at 1:32 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

I found out about Cave Story in the year 2009 or so. I was in my local library reading and two guys were on laptops. One talked to the other about this Metroid-Castlevania style game called Cave Story. I looked the game up on Google and played it. I started to be a fan of the game starting from the title screen music. I have beaten it, got all three endings and have downloaded both remix projects of the game's music. I am also very excited for the 3DS remake, Cave Story 3D will make me buy a 3DS :).

Apr 21, 2011 at 2:15 AM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"

honestly I don't remember :o

I saw it somewhere, then decided to check it out by googling it. the tribute site showed up on the first link, and I decided to play it. It was a great game, and it really sunk into me how amazing it was about a week after thinking about it. I think I checked out the forums at some point, but decided against joining because of the crazy layout of it (I was 13 or something so that was probably for the best). About a year or two later I replayed it, and joined the forums, and I'm still here.

Apr 21, 2011 at 3:56 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"

I think it was nintendo power. Being I sometimes base games on what the main character looks like ( I know it's stupid) I originally saw quote as some sort of odd shape and I wa like, stuuuupid! Rmthen I took another look at it and I was all. Shamwow!!!!! Ya it's stupid I know. And I found out about it this year.

Apr 21, 2011 at 3:51 PM
Member Title

Professor Fufflykins said:
I think it was nintendo power.

Oh yeah, Was it the 25 years on the NES issue? That's the only issue I own of Nintendo Power, and I was pleasently supprised when I saw that Cave Story was being released on DSi.

One thing in the article confused me, however. There was a gameplay screenshot of the MiMiga graveyard with quite good graphics. If you have ever played Cave Story DSi, you would know it has the original Cave Story PC graphics. The screenshot couldn't have been from the Wii version either, because even with the new graphics it didn't look that good.

Oh, and I'd just like to point out that you should check the spelling for your Location.:awesomeface:

Apr 21, 2011 at 5:48 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

It's a picture from the 3DS version. Nicalis released it a long time ago and nobody knew what the heck it was for.

Apr 21, 2011 at 6:00 PM
Member Title

Captain Fabulous said:
It's a picture from the 3DS version.

Yes, I was actually going to edit my post and say that I was thinking that's what it was for. Also, it really looks like you can fire angled shots. But I'm getting a little off topic here.

Apr 21, 2011 at 11:15 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"

I was introduced to Cave Story by Ralren, and then brought here by that asshole Fire. So yeah, blame my horrible, horrible presence on that guy. lol

Apr 22, 2011 at 12:35 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"

That asshole!

Apr 22, 2011 at 6:21 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"

WoodenRat said:
That asshole!

INORITE. How dare he bring me here!

Nah, but seriously, I kinda like it here a little bit. And I hate Fire's guts which seems to be a commonly held notion by alot of people here, so there's that.