slender

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:21 PM
Banned
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
slender is a horror game based of the internet meme slenderman the goal is to find 8 pages without being killed by slenderman

i will post a download link soon

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:27 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
that game is weird lol

Aug 16, 2012 at 3:27 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
A game about slenderman? Maybe a screenshot?

Aug 16, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
You got it, dude.

p155570-0-slenderscreenshot.jpg

I'm not even joking

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:49 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
He is watching you... :eek:

Also I can't remember where I saw it, maybe on the forums but maybe on reddit. It was just a person congratulating this guy on taking a screenshot of the slendermen instead of running from it like I do.

Aug 21, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
If you ask me this game is like reverse SCP-Containment Breach.
In SCP you have to keep an eye on the teleporting fucker, while in Slender you have to geddafuk out of there from the slenderfucker.

Aug 22, 2012 at 5:28 PM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
If you ask me this game is like reverse SCP-Containment Breach.
In SCP you have to keep an eye on the teleporting fucker, while in Slender you have to geddafuk out of there from the slenderfucker.
I find SCP scarier tha slender. :L

DON'T. BLINK. PLEA- *173 all up in yo face* YABDUBBJBKJH- death-

Jan 6, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
ive playd slender its scary as heck :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:41 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Am I the only one who thinks this is over-rated? I don't understand why it exploded like it did, it's walking around until you collect all the pages, while avoiding the equivalent to your father jumping you and yelling "ABUHLAJDVAKDJA," nothing extremely horrifying and it doesn't even have a very tense atmosphere either. It's kind of mediocre all around.

p155576-0-flamesuit.jpg

Don't worry, I have my flame suit.

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:47 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Nah, I completely agree. And I think a few others do too. Never understood the hype.

Jan 11, 2013 at 6:42 AM
Been here way too long...
Alright so I actually played this game. It was, of course, ruined mostly, since I already know exactly how Slenderman behaves, how to avoid him, and what happens when he catches you. I'm still disappointed in whoever thought releasing a game with graphics like that was acceptable, because they're just the ugliest. However, they don't detract much from the experience, so it's almost excusable.

Now, I happen to know that Slenderman won't appear before you get a page, so I used that time to scout the locations of all eight pages. I am patient, and I wanted to get all of them, since I've seen enough failed attempts on YouTube. Not long after collecting the third page, in the featureless, tiled building (man that place is dumb), the game suddenly flashed and shrieked at me for no reason. Scared the poop right out of my butt. Things got a lot more tense after that, since I was concerned that it would happen again. I'm pretty sure that this was a glitch, and while it had actually made the game scarier, it also made me not want to play it.

The main problem with Slender is that Slenderman is not a threatening enemy. He doesn't do anything scary, like chase you, flail his arms, or make spooky faces. Being a gentleman, he just stands around and waits for you to run away. The best strategy is fairly simple: don't turn around too much or too quickly, and hold shift whenever you see static. Basically, Slenderman lacks the element of surprise, because the most surprising thing that is supposed to happen is your screen gradually getting fuzzier. If Slenderman made your screen do something scarier, it would be a scarier game, but would probably cause heart attacks. Since you're staring at a dark screen as hard as you can. It would still be a cheap scare. Not exactly Silent Hill.

Jan 11, 2013 at 6:26 PM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
I have to say that if you haven't spilled the game for your self it is legitimately scary. It's hard to give it merit, due to how unpolished it is, but the game does an efficient job. One thing some people don't know about the game is that it was made in a weekend as an element with unity. The creator didn't expect anything to happen to it and is now developing a squall not using slenderman and better choices and art.

The game itself when you break it down is an efficient pop scare engine, seriously, it's how the ai works. Effective add it is the game losses all scariness When you actually try to beat it, because the only way you can beat the game is to abuse the ai, which totally takes away its value. It's basically half a game, but leave it to the Internet to over exaggerate. Basically, take these things with a grain of salt, because people only seem capable of 100% praise or 0% praise.

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Been here way too long...
Captain Fabulous said:
I'm still disappointed in whoever thought releasing a game with graphics like that was acceptable, because they're just the ugliest.
HyMyNameIsMatt said:
One thing some people don't know about the game is that it was made in a weekend as an element with unity.
I guess that clears that up, then. I'd say the game is pretty good for a short experiment, then. Its popularity, however, remains baffling.

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:20 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Because pewter bumblebees is da spookiest

Jan 12, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
I need to try this sometime...

I can't imagine it being very scary...

An ideal Slenderman experience :
You're walking through the dark and empty streets. The only sound is the buzz of the street lamps above.
As you look around you find abandoned cars, with their doors open... restraunts with half-eaten food on the tables, but no people... signs of life but... none to be seen.

About this time, the power flickers momentarily. The air suddenly grows a bit colder. And looking at a restraunt that was previously lighted. You see a humanoid shape press against the window, as the letters, H, E, L, P are being drawn. The window shows signs of stress fractures where the lifeless shape was being used to draw the message.

Inside a light flickers back on, except there is no message. No shapes inside.

(Take a closer look)
Suddenly all the lights go extremely bright before a loud pop. And then they go out.

Blindly facing the restraunt window, you hear glass cracking. As your vision begins to return through the fragmented glass a tall person whispers a single word. You shouldn't be able to hear it, but it sounds like it's coming directly next to you.
"Die"

At that moment you turn and run towards the light in the distance, and behind you hear the sound of shattering glass. You see silhouettes of human shapes on either side of you, in the darkness, but they are strangely unmoving. They appear to be inviting you. You get the feeling if you looked at them, you wouldn't be able to remain yourself.
It's cold. The light ahead is growing dimmer.
The shapes seem to be getting closer, except they aren't moving.

You feel a chill and breath on your neck.
The last thing you remember thinking, "help"

(You messed up because you got too close to the restraunt, where HELP was written. Not the greatest idea!)

(Search elsewhere)
Leaving the dark restraunt behind, you continue down the middle of the lifeless street. It's cloudy out.
Your head is pounding, and your ears are ringing.
It's cold but you're sweating.

You look behind you.

It's pitch black in the distance where the restraunt was. Not dim, just black emptiness. And looking back, you see the streetlights in the distance are gradually dimming, as the darkness slowly moves closer.

You pick up your pace despite your strange fever, staying away from the darkness.

Hours later, you ... no, you check your watch and only ten minutes have passed.
Also, and more notably... you are clutching something. You don't recall picking anything up.

It's a piece of paper with a crude drawing of a forest... Though one of the trees looks more like a man...
What could it mean?

SURPRISE!
You have reached the end of the online trial version. Please purchase the full game for 999.99$!
Purchase right now for a 950.00$ discount and recieve a free gift of SLENDER MAN DOLL™.
If you order within the next 10 minutes, also recieve exclusive DLC SLENDER WOMAN unlockable!

Slender Man game, comes with 1 actual collectable page from Slender Man.
Please obtain all collectable pages to avoid having Slender Man pay you a visit in the near future. Have a nice day!

This is an amazing value of (ERROR-1OVERFLOW)$ Saving you 950.00$ and your life!

Meh, I need work xD

Jan 20, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I don't have enough money to buy SLENDER: X-Calibur cut =<And honestly, I find LSD Dream Emulator scarier than Slender. It was terrifying, but LSD is just so messed up in so many ways D: