Show off your org music...

Jul 20, 2014 at 9:34 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I mean, that was kind of the point, that in the forest the arbitrary designations of humans are completely ignored...

I agree though, I was never overly satisfied with the percussion's hollowness. I hadn't balanced anything yet, so instruments and focus were a little rough like you said. This is probably the song I'm most likely to finish, if another ORG urge strikes me.

Jul 22, 2014 at 5:45 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
IMPENETRABLE FOE (Original here)
I was not originally going to share this, but it came out pretty awesome so I decided to anyway. It'll fit any sort of epic boss battle.

Jul 28, 2014 at 6:14 PM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
The percussion works well in your org song, apis. Good job, but i would completely get rid of the part from 28-36.

Jul 28, 2014 at 6:42 PM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
amg I want some of your talent, please guys :toroko2: It ain't fair. :(

ThePotatoWhisperer said:
Your music has the feel of Owl City's it's almost scarily pleasant. By far my favourite is "Reflection". It's got a great pace and a slurry kind of feel to it.

apis said:
Love the percussion from bar 20 onwards, well maybe until bar 36. I agree for the most part that this is where the piece started feeling like "filler". For the most part, it's got a lovely flow and gradual introduction of new ideas behind the old.

Tpcool said:
IMPENETRABLE FOE (Original here)I was not originally going to share this, but it came out pretty awesome so I decided to anyway. It'll fit any sort of epic boss battle.
Ooh quite epic. I feel like maybe the chords needed could use more gradual buildup to create a sense of urgency.

WELL since everyone else has been showing their ORGs recently:

I haven't really been working on too much ORG stuff. I've been trying to experiment with things out of my comfort zone with the program, and it all sounds like crud. I just can't imagine how anyone can make a piece with a wait of 60 or lower.

Here's a few short things I made/been working on:

*Untitled35
*Untitled40

Jul 30, 2014 at 4:06 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Those are pretty good. I personally favor Untitled35, though instrument #2 sounds a bit off from measures 10 to 11.

It seems I placed the wrong file for Hollywood.org. Here's the final version:
https://www.mediafire.com/?862798k42b93ccw

Aug 5, 2014 at 11:12 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Forest Maze - Super Mario RPG
CROWNED - Kirby Return to Dreamland
Majin - Goemon's Great Adventure - Majin Castle 1
CrazyLaPaint - Markiplier Outro Theme 2

Now comes the question if i'm any good at recreating this music...

Aug 6, 2014 at 1:43 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Welcome again,
I hope you're all well,
me? I'm quite fine thanks.
listen to this...
in
It is something that for quite some time lay unfinished, dormant like a wild bull,
waiting to be unleashed,

until now...

hear it,
live it,
be it,

TINNED_DORK

Aug 7, 2014 at 10:18 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Sup doodz

I reappear out of lurkage to post what is my first original composition. And it's finished, too.

(Let's hope not the only.)

I call this one Shameless Sea Squirt. (If you at all have issue with the direct link, it's on this page.) This one rode into my head as I was drawing a steel donut, and fortunately, my sounding-out skills are sufficient that I could lay it down with near-total accuracy. So this is that character's boss theme. I may bring it into PxTone and make the instruments sound as they do in my head too... if I can remember what it sounded like before the ORG anchored in my head.

Aug 15, 2014 at 1:45 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Unreasonable Behavior - OFF

This was more of a test to try out the new version of ORGMaker, and I must say that I love the new features.

Aug 16, 2014 at 3:52 AM
Lately I am being a human who,
is putting noise here,
this is my crowning achievement,
I NAME IT,
"XANADU NIGHTS FREEDOM BRIGADE"
but you may call it,
shock
Let it enter you
and,
if you have the time,
share your thoughts upon it with me,

kcud_denniT

Aug 17, 2014 at 12:31 AM
After several months of abscence, I'm returning to these forums.
Here's a few .ORGs I made recently out of boredom: (I used a midi to get the main melodies, the drums are 75% by ear, 25% improvised. A few instruments are also done by ear.)

Wily Stage 1 (Megaman 2)
Wily Stage Boss (Megaman 1)
Poison Mind (Castlevania)
Nothing To Lose (Castlevania)
Miniboss (Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island)
A pack of four Contra themes (Jungle, Base, Tunnel Boss, and Stage Clear)

And here's a few videos of some of these ORGs hacked into CS:

"Jungle","Tunnel Boss", and "Stage Clear"

"Base", "Nothing to Lose", and "Poison Mind"

"Miniboss"

Aug 17, 2014 at 1:15 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Evil_Nazgul0616 said:
Not bad! Most of it sounds accurate, save for the bass which sounds like it does its own thing every once in a while. That wouldn't such a bad thing if it weren't for the fact that it sounds a little jarring when it climbs into the higher octaves. Also, you should use the second instrument to create an echo when it's not being used (copy the first track into the second two steps over, and then lower the volume by around 75).

Evil_Nazgul0616 said:
Pretty darn accurate, but the very last measure should be using a Tom, not the bass. Otherwise it sounds weird.

Aug 19, 2014 at 2:54 AM
Here's one more:

Lavos Core Theme (Chrono Trigger)

I used a MIDI to get 99% of the main melody, the drums were done by ear and improvization. The lavos screech transition when the song loops was done mostly by ear as well.

Here's a video:

Aug 23, 2014 at 8:34 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Cave Crash
Something I made a while ago.
I find it to be interesting, but...
eh...

Dark Castle (Kirby Dreamland 2)

Aug 23, 2014 at 9:09 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Zenix said:
Unreasonable Behavior - OFF

This was more of a test to try out the new version of ORGMaker, and I must say that I love the new features.
Oh look a song I am familiar enough with to provide detailed critique.

The intro is wrong. You're right with how it starts out with F to E, but then in the second bar the original song strums the E key and doesn't go back to F like yours does.

Instrument 1 (using orgmaker 2 names here so this is the first slotted wave) is wrong at bar 10. It should be "B C D B" here, not "A B C B". Same at bar 14, it should be "B C D B" again instead of whatever it was you had their originally.

I'm really not sure what instrument 2 is trying to do here from bars 24 to 32. It just doesn't sound right or like it's even in the original song, and muting this instrument at this part makes the org sound better.

I'm just going to skip to bar 56 now since the parts between 32 and 56 don't sound quite right but at bar 56 it very clearly sounds wrong. This part just sounds completely wrong, especially the lead here. At bar 60 you have instruments 5 and 8 playing 3 times on beats 1, 2, and 3 when really from listening to the song it sounds like they should only be hitting 1 and 3.

But yeah this org sounds like it needs a *lot* of work still before it can do the original any justice or any respect (I've stopped trying to find all the specific inaccuracies at this point because I would be here awhile if I did that). Granted this is a difficult one to try to remake in orgmaker due to the complexity of its samples/instruments (voices are the worst to try to emulate in orgmaker), but it could still be done much better.

Aug 24, 2014 at 1:37 AM
squidward
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Here's everything I've done since last time. Has some MIDIs too for kicks.

8-23-14

This topic needs more communication rather than just music shares and then silence.
GIR's last post may be the longest one here in ages.
But what am I to expect, really?
OrgMaker is still pretty cool outside of Cave Story purposes and may well be the last thing keeping me here.

I might go ahead and critique some stuff later though