Show off your org music...

May 27, 2014 at 9:01 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I made an archive of whatever org I could download from this thread.
A lot of stuff missed because of ded links.
Enjoy.

May 27, 2014 at 9:06 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
passing_by said:
I made an archive of whatever org I could download from this thread.
Enjoy.
wow, this is amazing.

I've been doing something like this, but this is way better then what I had.

May 31, 2014 at 4:50 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Safusaka said:
Nice work there. I forgot how much stuff I did and even what I did since I just jumble everything in the same folder...
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m18b3jxsox52rr4/AAD4D6uAsC06u1ySSTFOpHRWa

A bit more stuff, nothing really finished yet
hmm

-your pour some cereal and there's no milk

I like this, I could literally come up with some lyrics and sing this song. (no kidding)

-heroic

very interesting, sounds like a hero to me.

-bonus game

heh, "shoot all the targets!"

-What is love

awwwww, did It have to end so soon? D: I loved the chords

-Seabound

It didn't seem very seabound to me, but whatever, it's a nice song.

-Desertion

A nice little tune there

-Existence

the cords at the beginning seem a little harsh, but other then that it's okay.

-Calm

It seems a little silly in taste, I like it.

Jun 5, 2014 at 9:29 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
apis said:
Hello, i'm new here, and i have an org music. Here
I'm digging the intro here. The second track was basically parallel to the first, and a lot of the harmonies were hitting each other on the octave (eg. A "C" and "C" play simultaneously when you first introduce the second track.) Hearing the notes match each other identically can be dull to hear frequently, especially since these are the only two tracks that play for most of the piece.

Maybe expand it some more. Your intro bit could definitely repeat at least for a second time, but for each repetition, try adding something to vary it, like different percussion or an underlying track. Other than that, it's a nice start. The pick up the the loop seemed a little too sudden, though.

Been working on this for a while, maybe over the span of a month?

Constellation River

For this piece, I tried to create a "fade out" effect, which would lead to the piece looping back from the beginning once in silence. This didn't work so well in ORG since I hit the lowest volume which caused all my notes to become non-damped. :/ I continued the fade out in a recording here.

Here's another WIP piece: Untitled34

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Jun 5, 2014 at 10:28 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Thanks for the comment! But, i have other org... Here
And also, your music is very good! I like it! :D

Jun 5, 2014 at 3:27 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Jun 11, 2014 at 7:37 AM
Beakface
Thanks, Tpcool.

apis said:
Thanks for the comment! But, i have other org... Here
And also, your music is very good! I like it! :D
Oh man I forgot to listen to this one.

It's quite good. The percussion is really the main drive of this piece. I love the play with volume and syncopation in bar 37 onwards. Something sounds off in the high notes of bar 10, where an A and A flat in the bass clash with each other. Personally I think it sounds better when the bass moves up a semitone to the A natural.

I decided to try using some of ORG Maker 2's drums for once, in the form of this org: Chromatose (r).

Jun 15, 2014 at 3:47 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
K-On! - U&I: Yuuhi No Kirei Ano Oka De. (I transposed track 1 in the first 14 measures down by 12 notes because it was sort of screeching in the original.)

Bleach - Ranbu no Melody. (Some drum sections I did by myself, they're probably wrong. If anyone could help with that it would really be appreciated.)

Jun 18, 2014 at 5:01 AM
More! 1 pack of orgs.
----------------------------------------
Beat
A little music i made while i'm bored.
----------------------------------------

Jul 7, 2014 at 12:06 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Open your ear canals and get a load of this...

Metropolis

To me it sounds like music made on org maker,
based on music from 1992.

That last bar though, I honestly just placed notes and hoped...
if you can improve it please do

Tinned_Duck

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:04 AM
Beakface
Safusaka said:
Wow, I really love your fast paced pieces. They have so much momentum and energy. I can barely notice Freak of the week was done with a 21 wait time. That's insane.

I would say Freak of the week's beginning waves of percussion were a bit too jarring for me. The new idea in the last few bars seemed too sudden, but I think it's still a work in progress considering the way it ended so abruptly.

Tinned_Duck said:
Open your ear canals and get a load of this...

Metropolis

To me it sounds like music made on org maker,
based on music from 1992.

That last bar though, I honestly just placed notes and hoped...
if you can improve it please do

Tinned_Duck

It's very chill, and I love the use of panning in most of the piece. I feel like track 8's panning could be adjusted so that I hear the first four notes on one ear, then the next four notes on the other, and so on while they gradually pan to the centre. I just feel with the way the current panning is set for track 8, it's not as prominent.

The last two bars = a great addition, with the fade out "twinkling" of notes.

apis said:
So far, it definitely does not sounds like the way I remember the song goes. Is this supposed to be a faithful transcription, or a remix? I like the percussion at the moment the most, but the melody sounds way off, even if it purposely ventures from its source material. It loops at the moment, which leads me to believe the ORG is finished.

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:23 AM
Random-storykeeper said:
So far, it definitely does not sounds like the way I remember the song goes. Is this supposed to be a faithful transcription, or a remix? I like the percussion at the moment the most, but the melody sounds way off, even if it purposely ventures from its source material. It loops at the moment, which leads me to believe the ORG is finished.
Already tried to download again? Yesterday was not finished, I just finished it today.

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:53 AM
Beakface
Oh, sorry, I didn't realise you changed the file link. Nonetheless, my thoughts on the melody still stand. It sounds extremely off when track 2 hits an A flat, where I hear a G. This is a similar case with the introducing riff, but I can probably live with that, since the changes aren't too drastic and can still harmonise with the rest of the piece.

I do love the percussion, though.

Just curious, but was this created by ear or with a MIDI?

Made a new ORG in the last couple of days. I feel like my biggest issue is trying to find the balance between varying a piece and going too far off tangent that it gets "lost".

This one is called Damp Mist (recording). A kind of redundant title, but it was the first thing that came to mind. :/

Jul 17, 2014 at 9:07 AM
Created by ear with help from MIDI. What I created by ear is in the track 40-47, 80-88, 112-end, and the percussions.

Jul 20, 2014 at 3:26 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Yo.
I'm going to dump all the WIPs I had before I switched to other music-making programs, I'll probably finish a few of them in a midnight fervor some day.

Almost all of these just popped into my head whenever I'm about to sleep (I always write music at night). I usually scrawl down a 4 bar loop hastily before I go to bed, if it's not fleshed-out enough the next day the inspiration is usually gone ( :( ).
As such many of the shorter ones won't be easy on the ears, fair warning.

Breakdom
Forest Waltz
minimod2
Ring Toss
sad
Twig
Under
Uninventing the Wheel
WIP

That's it. Enjoy.

Jul 20, 2014 at 4:53 AM
Beakface
cultr1 said:
Yo.
I'm going to dump all the WIPs I had before I switched to other music-making programs, I'll probably finish a few of them in a midnight fervor some day.

Almost all of these just popped into my head whenever I'm about to sleep (I always write music at night). I usually scrawl down a 4 bar loop hastily before I go to bed, if it's not fleshed-out enough the next day the inspiration is usually gone ( :( ).
As such many of the shorter ones won't be easy on the ears, fair warning.

Breakdom
Forest Waltz
minimod2
Ring Toss
sad
Twig
Under
Uninventing the Wheel
WIP

That's it. Enjoy.
Ya make me work by downloading each file individually while having to endure a popup for every download, hehe.

Not sure how to feel about Forest Waltz being in 5/4 and not 3/4 but ehh it's just a name; I can bear with it. It's probably my favourite out of this group, the way all the new parts and themes were introduced. I wish the leading melody was a little more brought out, though. And maybe some low percussion was added to bar 36 onwards.

Aside from that, all these sound cool and they have awesome names. How do people come up with such great titles for their music? :pignon2: