Show off your org music...

Mar 10, 2011 at 11:46 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Which "long echoing notes" are these? You mean the "windy" sound that enters around 0:25?

And I just realized I never downloaded/listened to Thadster's latest stuff...

edit @Thadster: some nice work! I especially liked Danse Vivant. I kinda lost the downbeat at the start of Deaf. Idk if it's just me (my volume was down kinda low), but you might consider emphasizing the downbeat more. Also, this is a really trivial detail, but it looks a bit more professional to put a one bar silent loop at the end of a song that terminates (doesn't loop); it allows people to easily see the length of the song in the song settings window.

Mar 11, 2011 at 4:07 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Well, decided to work on something else, and I ran into a rather big problem. OrgMaker v2 apparently can't set loops beyond 99. And in trying to get around it, I managed to ruin half the song. :p

Mar 11, 2011 at 4:48 PM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
leafbarrett said:
OrgMaker v2 apparently can't set loops beyond 99.

This is apparently not true. I made a song that goes past 99 and it loops fine.

Mar 11, 2011 at 4:54 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It's actually an OS-specific problem due to the textboxes being too small. You can make them larger with Resource hacker or maybe you can make the system font smaller (?)

Mar 11, 2011 at 8:14 PM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
I was remaking this song:

And I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to do audio adjusments for a choirish effect.

Mar 11, 2011 at 8:15 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
And if you don't feel like opening resource hacker or whatnot, you could actually open the org in orgmaker134 and set the loop to something larger and save, then open in orgmaker205.

Mar 12, 2011 at 1:14 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
And if you don't feel like opening resource hacker or whatnot, you could actually open the org in orgmaker134 and set the loop to something larger and save, then open in orgmaker205.
I've had the same problem myself. I changed the loop time in the old org maker myself.

Also, thanks for pointing out that alternative, Noxid. I'd rather try that method. BTW, I love that avatar. ^^ It looks vaguely familiar... :awesomeface:

Mar 12, 2011 at 4:48 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
More songs! http://www.mediafire.com/?pmtjtju7ll67z6u

My attempt at some atmospheric music. Please critique! Also, I added the one-bar loop at the end of the songs as Wedge suggested (or at least I think I did what he was suggesting, but not entirely certain).

Mar 12, 2011 at 5:57 PM
Noxid said:
It's actually an OS-specific problem due to the textboxes being too small. You can make them larger with Resource hacker or maybe you can make the system font smaller (?)
Thank you so much! <3 I fixed the problem~

Ok, so here's the song that gave me issues: http://www.mediafire.com/?385wd8rz36thxij Assault, from Final Fantasy 10.
Some stats on it:
Wait interval: 43
Loop length: 0-201
Instruments used: everything
done by ear
Original:
This one was a nightmare for me. Not only is it extremely fast (I had to completely BS the quick piano parts near the end), but the timing is so counter-intuitive for me; I'm pretty sure I slipped up on some parts, just because I'm not used to 2/4 time.

Mar 12, 2011 at 9:09 PM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
I'l get to listening to the new Orgs later, but for the moment, did anyone see my post? I can't quite figure out if it's some sort of Pan adjustment or volume one or whatever.

Also it's nice to have two new Org makers here.

EDIT:
Okay, I listened to Thadster's fith trio and they all sound pretty swell. I think at some parts you need to lower the volume on certain instruments, but other than that your pretty good.

Mar 13, 2011 at 4:03 PM
Maybe this isn't the place to ask, but anyone know what happened to KuroKun? He hasn't been on months...

And slightly more on topic: I DARE anyone to try to accurately remake this by ear.

Mar 24, 2011 at 10:18 PM
I listened to Tommib Help Buss, and it sounds as good as the original! Maybe actually better, but it's hard to say.

Did another three songs, finally. Being sick gives you lots of free time--I finished up with the last two today.

http://www.mediafire.com/?l5iblyy5z5mz5e9

Please critique!

Apr 6, 2011 at 11:28 PM
Been here way too long...
Ha, haven't heard that song in a while.
I would recommend messing with the volume thing on the drums - don't make them all the loudest setting.

Apr 6, 2011 at 11:42 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Lace said:
Ha, haven't heard that song in a while.
I would recommend messing with the volume thing on the drums - don't make them all the loudest setting.

I just figured to turn it all the way up because all the instruments are loud. :debug:

and plus, I think it adds more intensity to it.

AND MAKES IT HARDCORE.

Apr 16, 2011 at 8:23 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Wedge of Cheese said:
So, it's been a while since I've done one of these...

The orgs used:

From The Paradise Project: Starlight, Town
From WTF Story: Snowball Valley, Parasite Eve
From The Witching Hour: What the Forest Taught Me
From King - Strife & Sacrifice: Pink Gabriel
From Cave Story beta: Wind Fortress

Snowball Valley is actually a remake ofIce cap zone act 2.

The medley was good, but I was disappointed that there wasn't that much parasite eve. It was also very long, almost a bit too long.

Also I think I like the choir version of Pink Gabriel (Momoiro Gabriel) better: Spring, under the Cherry Blossoms (Haru, Mankai no Sakura no Shita de)

Apr 18, 2011 at 7:28 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Where Do I Begin?

It's a short remake of that song from "Love Story". Took me about 15 minutes. It is probably a bit inaccurate, since I made it from memory.

Apr 18, 2011 at 8:17 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Many of these are quite nice, but I have to wonder... how many original org pieces are there (that you know, aren't Pixel's or interpretations of other tracks)? I'd look myself but, eeeeh 90 pages is a lot to sift through. :)