Show off your org music...

Aug 18, 2008 at 7:20 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
uh... that link goes to a big list of org files. I listened to a few of them, and they were quite good, but which one is the new tundra?

Aug 18, 2008 at 8:23 PM
He who lurks beneath the posts.
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
wedge of cheese said:
uh... that link goes to a big list of org files. I listened to a few of them, and they were quite good, but which one is the new tundra?

Uhhhhh.... Oops ^_^'. I always thought that the new media fire upload gave you an automatic link of where the file was going to be...

Well, the more you know! :) *giant star flys over with a rainbow for a tail crashing into a nearby city, blowing up upon contact* :D

Actually I found some things I should probity do with it. (found some notes that were too quite, I also found some notes that didn't sound right/didn't echo[or whatever you were doing], etc.) So I'm going to do all that making my brain into mushy stew today. :mad:

Don't feel like making a new post for this So... Here's the link to the finished version of Tundra... or at least the version I made xP

Tundra Kuro's Version... Final

xD peace xD

Aug 18, 2008 at 9:50 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I haven't been able listen to any of your latest music, KuroKun (at least, anything after August 8th), but I have listened to your earlier work and I quite like it! (The only thing I'll say right now is that "Boss Theme" doesn't sound very 'boss' like, but its good nevertheless.) I've just downloaded your latest work so I'll give my opinion about them tomorrow. I hope there's more still to come! :D

Aug 19, 2008 at 1:05 AM
The Mulletron said:
I haven't been able listen to any of your latest music, KuroKun (at least, anything after August 8th), but I have listened to your earlier work and I quite like it!

Thanks and you havn't missed much since the ten days xD

The Mulletron said:
(The only thing I'll say right now is that "Boss Theme" doesn't sound very 'boss' like, but its good nevertheless.)

Tell me something I don't know xD. Glad you liked it anyways.

The Mulletron said:
I've just downloaded your latest work so I'll give my opinion about them tomorrow. I hope there's more still to come! :)

Speaking of which I have started a new piece... Of course it doesn't have a name... Yet (hopefully) And once again. I just started it, and is not finished as I'm hoping to add a little more to it. And maybe tweak the volume a little, add some panning, etc. So enjoy whats there and let your ears bleed uncontrollably (Yay :D)

Broken Link

xD peace xD

Aug 19, 2008 at 9:29 AM
"Huzzah!"
forgot who made it but whoever made tundra is tons good i want to put mine on but they really suck

Aug 19, 2008 at 1:19 PM
I've listened to most of the songs posted here and, as promised, I'm going to give my honest opinion on them...so, here goes!

@KuroKun
I enjoyed your version of tundra.org. I thought the way you slowly introduced instruments to the tune was very well orchestrated, and the build-up to the main loop was a nice touch.

KuroKun said:
Speaking of which I have started a new piece...
...So enjoy whats there and let your ears bleed uncontrollably (Yay :o )
Don't be so hard on yourself! :) From what I've heard of it, your new piece sounds great! Hope you finish it soon.

@WedgeofCheese
I liked your songs (and I'm with the others when I say that tundra.org is my favourite), but a few of your songs are far too long! By the time tracks like elemenion.org have finished, I've all but completely lost patience with it. Don't get me wrong, I did like how it started off, but I simply got bored of it.

Aside from that, they were quality pieces of work. (And I can't wait to hear news of your mod! :D )

@GIRakaCHEEZER
When I heard the orgs you made, a wave of nostalgia went over me. I remembered playing the StH games on my Mega Drive when I was a kid (man, I miss those days :o ).

I think you did a very good job in putting those songs in org format, and the fact that you did this all by ear, well...I'm impressed.

I also liked MetalGear.org but I too haven't played the original game (I'm not a console person), so I really can't say much, other than it sounds nice.

Aug 19, 2008 at 2:43 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The Mulletron said:
@WedgeofCheese
I liked your songs (and I'm with the others when I say that tundra.org is my favourite), but a few of your songs are far too long! By the time tracks like elemenion.org have finished, I've all but completely lost patience with it. Don't get me wrong, I did like how it started off, but I simply got bored of it.
Just a quickie comment: Remember that listening to a music by itself is different to hearing it play in a game, when you have other things to concentrate on. Usually I find that after I've listened to something a few times while playing I've gotten used to it and it's not so tedious anymore.
We can only wait and see~

Aug 19, 2008 at 6:44 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I love the new tundra!! I will still probably keep the original for the mod, I think it fits the setting in the mod better, but I like yours better as just music to listen to. It's especially cool how you build up and then suddenly go back to just the 4 chord tracks at measure 24, and then build again.

DoubleThink said:
Remember that listening to a music by itself is different to hearing it play in a game, when you have other things to concentrate on. Usually I find that after I've listened to something a few times while playing I've gotten used to it and it's not so tedious anymore.

This is basically what I was thinking. Also, all of the songs I posted (except Prologue.org) were based on songs I had written earlier in MIDI format. The MIDI versions I think are a bit more interesting, and you'd be less likely to get bored with them.

Music (MIDI).zip

I made these files using my digital keyboard (Yamaha Clavinova CVP-303), so if you play them on your computer, they will probably sound crappy (depending on how good your computer's MIDI is). They should be compatible with any digital keyboard in the CVP series, but other keyboards, I'm not sure how compatible they are.

Also, just FYI, my mod will probably have a short demo released some time next week. It's called "The Wrath of Revorshkenahl", so you can look for it in the mods subforum.

Aug 19, 2008 at 9:38 PM
Yay I'm finished with it :p But first!

@Wedge: Glad you liked. A little fact. When I got to bar 8 and the drums played with melody 4 That was the point where I started listening to it over and over to the point where I asked you if I could try making it :D. It was fun and gave me some learning experience. (place final fantasy battle end music here.) :p. So I once again thank you for letting me work on that piece.

@The Mulletron: I wasn't bein hard on myself. It just sounded pretty loud xD.

Well without any further stalling-

Still Unnamed song!!!!

Yay I made myself a records of firsts.

First time using beeps

First time using all 8 melody's... for my own song xP

And first time having an actual ending. Enjoy!!!

xD peace xD

P.s Is it just me, or did this thread just get more lively?

Aug 19, 2008 at 10:44 PM
Okay
wedge of cheese said:
Music (MIDI).zip
I made these files using my digital keyboard (Yamaha Clavinova CVP-303), so if you play them on your computer, they will probably sound crappy (depending on how good your computer's MIDI is).
- Run Winamp
- Options > Preferences
- Plug-ins > Input
- Click on "Nullsoft MIDI Player x.xx [in_midi.dll]"
- Select Device : DirectMusic / Microsoft Synthesizer
- Look down,do you see "MIDI Extensions" ? Select "XG (Yamaha)"

With this most possible way (With winamp) you can get the most similar sounds to the original sounds. There is also other options which is to play the file with an XG specialized player. Just google it.

Aug 23, 2008 at 11:08 PM
Sep 2, 2008 at 4:57 AM
Sep 3, 2008 at 8:38 PM
Sep 13, 2008 at 8:26 PM
Been here way too long...
Heyas, here's the first half decent org I've made.
It's called MpBeta. Not quite done yet, so suggestions would be nice.

Linky

Sep 13, 2008 at 8:59 PM
Hoxtilicious
Sep 13, 2008 at 11:12 PM
Hey, shining, what's the difference between a selfmade org and a sequenced one? seeing as you always make that distinction, I though it might be good to know.

Sep 13, 2008 at 11:19 PM
Hoxtilicious
Lace said:
Hey, shining, what's the difference between a selfmade org and a sequenced one? seeing as you always make that distinction, I though it might be good to know.

Selfmade = You made it yourself.
Sequenced = You converted a MIDI/Tracker File/PMD/Whatever by hand.

Sep 14, 2008 at 1:12 AM
Ah, thanks.
Anyone checked out my song yet?