Show off your org music...

Apr 18, 2018 at 12:09 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Hey boi. Come on!

(As a side note, I transcribed the PSX version - not that there's any significant difference between that and the SS, except maybe the percussion is slightly different? Sometimes it's hard to tell with YouTube video qualities haha)

Apr 21, 2018 at 2:44 AM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Apr 28, 2018 at 3:36 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Dippy: this is great! super faithful. Boost that bass a bit, it gets totally lost through my speakers, even with a subwoofer.

Been working on a few things, y'all. Sometimes it's fun to come back to what you know.
I'm still pretty bad at writing percussion, so I did two short loops to work on pounding out the groove.

trigonal.org - kind of a game over vibe, I guess. I'm actually super happy with the percussion in this one.
i know.org - seems like I'm built to write pulsing chords, haha. tried to emphasize the pickups here.

and to take things in the opposite direction, one of my patented No Percussion Tracks™
chin up.org - I put a lot of work into this one, I'll be honest. It's a waltz so it's not that weird to be lacking percussion I don't think. I'm proud of how it turned out.

May 4, 2018 at 8:42 PM
"Huzzah!"
Home

Feel free to use this if you'd like!

I haven't actually played sonic mania fully but DANG this is a classy transcription!

I thoroughly enjoyed the first two on the list, the third one was good but "AAAAH ZELDA." (but again, just so there's no confusion, it was good.) And the original piece was nice, I enjoyed it. Personally for me the tempo of the original piece is a bit slow, but the catering of the notes (volume and all, which takes approximately FOREVER) in all four are expert tier.

Last edited:
May 5, 2018 at 1:11 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
It's great to hear another ORG from you, Jp. I always thought you had a unique and distinct composing style, and it's always a pleasure to listen to it. Pretty chill and inoffensive song here. My favorite part is when track 5 kicks in :cool:

May 5, 2018 at 6:48 AM
"Huzzah!"
It's great to hear another ORG from you, Jp. I always thought you had a unique and distinct composing style, and it's always a pleasure to listen to it. Pretty chill and inoffensive song here. My favorite part is when track 5 kicks in :cool:
Always a pleasure! I'm a huge fan of your transcription of Unreasonable Behaviour, I first heard it when I played the mod Inner Demons. Great stuff!

May 5, 2018 at 8:41 PM
We seem to be getting quite a few good ORGs coming through here lately, I'm glad to see everyone's still enjoying working with this format.

I'm Still Standing - In my opinion this is the best ORG I've done in a while. I was very pleased with how this one turned out.

The Kahoot Theme - Because I can't get the damn thing out of my head. Curse you AP review season!

Mission Impossible - For when you want to feel sneeki breeki.

EDIT: Fixed the Mission Impossible link.

Last edited:
May 5, 2018 at 9:40 PM
"Huzzah!"
We seem to be getting quite a few good ORGs coming through here lately, I'm glad to see everyone's still enjoying working with this format.

I'm Still Standing - In my opinion this is the best ORG I've done in a while. I was very pleased with how this one turned out.

The Kahoot Theme - Because I can't get the damn thing out of my head. Curse you AP review season!

Mission Impossible - For when you want to feel sneeki breeki.
I think I'm Still Standing turned out pretty well! It's one of my favorite songs and I'm glad to hear it in org form. I don't think the mission impossible link is working, I get a download to the kahoot org instead of mission impossible.

May 6, 2018 at 1:19 AM
I think I'm Still Standing turned out pretty well! It's one of my favorite songs and I'm glad to hear it in org form. I don't think the mission impossible link is working, I get a download to the kahoot org instead of mission impossible.

Thanks! Yeah it's a really good song, I love Elton John. Also I'm an idiot and copy-and-pasted the same link twice. I fixed the link in the post and you can also click here.

Jun 2, 2018 at 5:08 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Last edited:
Jun 7, 2018 at 2:54 PM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
i made that too
yours is a little slow though
i really think your orgs can go with a little more detail just by upscaling the org's resolution, because there's definitely room for more possibilities when you have more steps per beat. just saying.

Jun 9, 2018 at 3:33 AM
i made that too
yours is a little slow though
i really think your orgs can go with a little more detail just by upscaling the org's resolution, because there's definitely room for more possibilities when you have more steps per beat. just saying.

I use the standard volume presets in ORGmaker and I dislike how rapidly notes drop off even just using "Short Decay at End" when in x2 resolution. And I've never experimented with higher than that. I also don't think I am quite at a point where I'd be able to make something in a higher resolution that wouldn't sound as good in the standard resolution.

Additionally, I kind of think the higher resolution of your version sacrifices a "full" sound for detail. Yours definitely feels more articulate but I feel like mine is more... I don't know how to describe it other than "full". Yours is quieter and there's less "oomph" behind each note, if that makes any sense. I'll try experimenting with a larger resolution though and see what I come up with.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2018 at 4:24 PM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
yeah using higher resolution decay commands kinda sucks so i tend to just do a lot of the decays by hand so it sounds more like, real, y'know?

Jun 9, 2018 at 6:07 PM
"Huzzah!"
I use the commands all of the time because I am lazy affffff. HOWEVER: They’re not always useful, ambience is usually such a case.

Jun 21, 2018 at 1:58 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Man, this thread needs some more ORG goodness.

This is some little thing I made in about 6 minutes because why not lol

Deep Sea Adventure
(based off this song)

Here's a groovy little tune.
The Beak

2Dbro helped me with the instrumentation on this one because I use to suck a little bit at picking good sounds in ORG
Twinkling Limelight

Me and my brother worked on this one for about 2 hours.
The Land of Kaikuda

And then when I went to go take a walk outside he created this wonderful piece.
2DBro is annoying to talk to

I've made a lot more, but these are the only ones I'm comfortable presenting in a formal fashion. ^^

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2018 at 8:16 PM
Piyo Piyo Discord Admin
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Last edited: